Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [2]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
HoneyBadgerAK wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hi Class 2020,

I have some quick announcement at https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca

Would appreciate you guys checking it out.

Thanks!

Sheila

Eagerly looking forward to your blog post! :)

I agree with you HoneyBadgerAK
I think one who has read wondersuite's blog will be
ready for Rotman even before actually setting foot in Canada!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi everyone,
I have 2 following issues in the application process -
1) School site mentiones that my referees receive via e-mail Request for Recommendation exactly after I fill thier email, however they didn't get any emails for almost 24 hours from any system, even after I've tried to resend requests to them. Does anyone have similar situation?
2) Since last 20-25 mins when I try to login on the site it doesn't work and I see this error page that begins with
( Server Error in '/Datatel.ERecruiting.Web.External' Application. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

The problem is that since it's last week before next deadline the coming days might be hard for the system.
So let's hope this process will stabilize somehow, every candidate will be able to apply
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
redbullracing wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have 2 following issues in the application process -
1) School site mentiones that my referees receive via e-mail Request for Recommendation exactly after I fill thier email, however they didn't get any emails for almost 24 hours from any system, even after I've tried to resend requests to them. Does anyone have similar situation?
2) Since last 20-25 mins when I try to login on the site it doesn't work and I see this error page that begins with
( Server Error in '/Datatel.ERecruiting.Web.External' Application. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

The problem is that since it's last week before next deadline the coming days might be hard for the system.
So let's hope this process will stabilize somehow, every candidate will be able to apply

I had the same problem yesterday... my recommenders did not receive any email..
I reached out to the admissions team today, and since then the issue has been resolved.. and my recommenders confirmed that they have received the email..
Admitted
20 Feb, 2018
20 Feb 2018, 15:20
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.21; WE: 48 months; Canada; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
20 Feb 2018, 18:07
aaabbb7890 GMAT: 720, Q50, V37; GPA: 3.55; WE: 48 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
21 Feb, 2018
21 Feb 2018, 10:10
Private, GMAT: 720, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.52; WE: 29 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 284
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I was very fortunate enough to receive an admittance last week along with a scholarship. Unfortunately, I have until early March 9th to make a decision to attend, along with a $5k deposit. I'm looking to hear back from three more schools - has anyone negotiated their decision date? Also, has anyone negotiated their scholarship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Invited to Interview : 22/2/2018
Heard back : via email
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
swolecdn wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was very fortunate enough to receive an admittance last week along with a scholarship. Unfortunately, I have until early March 9th to make a decision to attend, along with a $5k deposit. I'm looking to hear back from three more schools - has anyone negotiated their decision date? Also, has anyone negotiated their scholarship?

You can negotiate, no problem.
Just let them know and see when they tell you to give the answer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
cubs wrote:
rajmisramba wrote:
I agree that they are probably short-staffed and this accounts for some of the delay. However, in talking to other Canadian business schools they have ALL received an increase in international applications. The other schools I have been dealing with are responsive and very helpful. Rotman should at least send out an email explaining where they are at and providing an updated timeline so people can plan accordingly. This seems obvious to me and something that would not take much time. As I mentioned in a previous post, BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked. I can imagine this to be accurate given the experiences people have shared in the application process.

I totally agree with you. Being a "management" school if they can't manage an increase in applications or if 1 person leaving their admission committee affects them this much.... then I don't know what to say... and I know rankings are **** and all.. but I have now personally talked to around 8 of their current students and alums.. and most of them are not much enthusiastic about the school... they told me the "rotman" brand sells but other than that.. u r pretty much on ur own.... school doesn't help much...

My 2 cents here.
My batch suffered an incredible increase in the number of applications and it seems that this year it is even "worse" (ie even more applicants - which is an outlier in the Rotman history). Although I agree that the delay is bad for you guys, it is understandable if you consider the fact that I showed and the fact that one person left the School this summer. This is a busy part of the year and the admission office will get back to you. They always do.

Regarding "selling" it is the same in every single school: the brand sells? Sure! Is it enough? Of course not! You need to sell yourself also. Do not believe that only being in X school will help you get the dream job and you do not need to make some effort. I have some friends in M7 schools and they killed themselves to get their dream job. So it is not "pretty much on your own" but it doing your part in the process.

Any doubts let me know! I would love to help you guys!
Waitlisted
15 Oct, 2017
21 Feb 2018, 21:42
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 48 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
15 Oct, 2017
21 Feb 2018, 21:42
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 48 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
dreams101 wrote:

Congratulations on receiving your interview invite.
Could you share with us your profile and the date you submitted the application?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
abhisu30 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:

Could you share with us your profile and the date you submitted the application?

Thanks!

Hey, thank you.

I work in the Business Development division of a Public Sector Company. I am incharge of our company's Mozambique coal operations.
Work Ex- 6 years
Under Grad - Economics Hons.
I applied in Round 1 and was waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
dreams101 wrote:

When did you apply. Also, could you tell me about the questions asked in the Kira video?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
dreams101 wrote:
abhisu30 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:

Thanks!

Hey, thank you.

I work in the Business Development division of a Public Sector Company. I am incharge of our company's Mozambique coal operations.
Work Ex- 6 years

Thanks for your reply. Did they notify you via email about the waitlist?
I submitted my application on 21st Jan but haven't heard back from them yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
abhisu30 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:
abhisu30 wrote:
[quote="dreams101"]Invited to Interview : 22/2/2018

Thanks!

Hey, thank you.

Work Ex- 6 years

Thanks for your reply. Did they notify you via email about the waitlist?
I submitted my application on 21st Jan but haven't heard back from them yet.[/quote]
21st Jan. That's R3 correct? People who submitted in December (R1 and R2) are still waiting to hear back my friend :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts