Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
Send PM
Re: Need advise! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Imtisal,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your exact goal score?
5) What is your exact Test Date?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.79
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
For DS problems it is important to never assume anything. It is often helpful to approach problems like you are the TEST MAKER. There is almost always a trap and you need to be able to spot it. Also consider EVERY piece of information they give you in the question stem and in each prompt and ask yourself why that info is there. I was able to go from consistently hitting q46 to consistently hitting q48 just from changing my approach and thinking like I was the test maker.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As for below mentioned question asked , please find below details mentioned in closed brackets.

Studies:
1) How long have you studied ( I have been studying from last 1 & a half month)
2) What study materials have you used so far? ( I have signed up for Magoosh GMAT Premium Plan plus OG Gmat 2013 version for both verbal & Quant)
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)? ( Haven't scored yet)

Goals:
4) What is your exact goal score? ( 630)
5) What is your exact Test Date? (15th April.2018)
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School? (4th May is the last date to apply for my business school so before that)
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to? ( Its top management school in Pakistan namely Lahore University of Management Sciences)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi imtisalsiddiqui,

If you've been studying consistently for 1.5 months, then you really MUST take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) sometime soon - perhaps this weekend. That initial diagnostic CAT is important - it helps to define your strengths and weaknesses and gives you a basis for comparison as you continue to study. Most Test Takers are not happy with that first CAT result, but that's not a big deal - the extra months of available study time are there so that you can IMPROVE on this initial practice result.

'Ace-ing' the GMAT is neither a realistic goal, nor a required one. Your goal score (630+) is likely a reasonable and absolutely attainable goal, but right now we have NO IDEA what your actual ability level is, and that's a big problem. Once you take that CAT, you should report back here with your results and we can talk through your upcoming studies. You can download 2 CATs for free from www.mba.com.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys! will get back to you once i am done with my practice test on coming weekend!
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32888 [1]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
imtisalsiddiqui wrote:
Hi Guys!! I am planning to appear for GMAT in mid of April.2018. Knowing the fact, i am not left with much ample time & having a tough routine with full time job, i need an advise so that i can score around 620-650. My QUANT prep is going pretty good however i am facing bit difficulties in DS techniques ( advise regarding DS please). Secondly i am worried about my Verbal scores since English is not my native language. Would appreciate any tips so that i can ace both verbal & quant (620-650 score)

Thanks

Imtisal

Hi

Learn the concepts tested on GMAT. After learning, practice your learned section with timed practice. You can also take quizzes to meet the pace of GMAT. 1 Month for learning concepts and 15 days of practice and same with the verbal. When completed all the concepts learning and handsome practice. Take full length CATs, know your estimated score. Analyze the result with Correct/incorrect questions, pacing analysis trace your mistakes and learn from them, make an error log to know your mistakes in the previously attempted questions.
GMAT Club Bot