Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants: January 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
talimontana wrote:
Hi there!

I got admitted yesterday! I'll be delighted to answer all your questions about the admission process.Feel free to DM. And hope to see you soon.

Regards!

Posted from my mobile device

Would it be possible for you to share your interview experience? And any suggestions for people who are waiting for the interviews?

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
talimontana wrote:
Hi there!

I got admitted yesterday! I'll be delighted to answer all your questions about the admission process.Feel free to DM. And hope to see you soon.

Regards!

Thanks talimontana!

Since IE doesn't have application rounds, what do you think is the right time to apply? I mean is there any advantage in applying early in the season?

What a good question. Even though it's a rolling admision proccess, IE has a 'priority admision' period, which goes from December 15th to Februari 1st. The Priority admission process allows candidates to submit applications online along with the required documents and get a final decision all within two weeks thus avoiding the agony of a long wait for the admission decision or worse still, being put on a waiting list.

I submitted my application on February 1st. They invited me to the interview on February 6th and I got my addmission letter on February 15th. If you apply after February 1st, then the proccess will take you more time I assume.

I don't know if IE offers differents 'Priority admission period', one for each intake, January and September.

Hope it helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
jsingh18 wrote:
talimontana wrote:
Hi there!

Regards!

Would it be possible for you to share your interview experience? And any suggestions for people who are waiting for the interviews?

Regards

SInce I live in Madrid, my interview took place at IE, with a guy of the admission department.

I would split the interview in two parts.

First one: The easiest one: Walk me throught your resume, why an MBA?, why IE?, why now? what are your mid and long term goals?...

Second one: quite weird and pretty difficult from my point of view . What is 99/2? What is the nearest international airport you have to your city? How many wheels are there right now? Then a practical case. The gave me a some info about a company similar to Netflix. This company had some economic and strategic problems...what plan would you do to improve the situation? (they gave me 5 minuts to think about it). Then...he asked me about inflation, and also asked me to tell him the latest economic news I had read.

I guess that, with this part of the interview, they want to see your hability and creativity to face uncommon situations and under pressure.

And finally he asked me to tell him everything I knew about the IMBA program, the three different periods, how long they are...

To sum up, I would't say that it's a piece of cake at all. Actually I would say that it's one of the hardest interviews I have seen.

I recommend you to prepare for it!

Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
talimontana wrote:
jsingh18 wrote:
talimontana wrote:
Hi there!

Regards!

Regards

SInce I live in Madrid, my interview took place at IE, with a guy of the admission department.

First one: The easiest one: Walk me throught your resume, why an MBA?, why IE?, why now? what are your mid and long term goals?...

Second one: quite weird and pretty difficult from my point of view . What is 99/2? What is the nearest international airport you have to your city? How many wheels are there right now? Then a practical case. The gave me a some info about a company similar to Netflix. This company had some economic and strategic problems...what plan would you do to improve the situation? (they gave me 5 minuts to think about it). Then...he asked me about inflation, and also asked me to tell him the latest economic news I had read.

I guess that, with this part of the interview, they want to see your hability and creativity to face uncommon situations and under pressure.

And finally he asked me to tell him everything I knew about the IMBA program, the three different periods, how long they are...

To sum up, I would't say that it's a piece of cake at all. Actually I would say that it's one of the hardest interviews I have seen.

Originally posted by 2323 on 21 Feb 2018, 16:24.
Last edited by 2323 on 07 Mar 2018, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
ralph2300 wrote:
talimontana wrote:
jsingh18 wrote:
[quote="talimontana"]Hi there!

Regards!

Regards

How long did it take you to hear back from the admissions committee? They told me 6 weeks but online it says 1-3 so im a little confused[/quote]Since I submitted my application within the "priority admission period", it took me two weeks to be interviewed and knowing the final decission.

If you submitted your application after February 1st, then it will take you some more time. but I don't know how much more exactly.

Good luck!

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/url]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, I would like to discuss about the 'pros and cons' of the January intake.

The carreer department told me that it's better if you want to do the IMBA in practice, and consider this internship as a bridge to a full time offer. In the January intake, the internship lasts one month more because in August the school remains closed. And also is more common among companies to look for internships by this period of the year.

Another pro, if you are interested in the long exchange, Jan intake offers greater number of possibilities, check it out! https://www.ie.edu/business-school/degr ... -exchange/

As con, there are less students than in the September intake.

Anything else?

Regards!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everybody!

Facebook group already created! Find it by typingIE IMBA January 2019 intake.

See you there!

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/url]

Originally posted by talimontana on 06 Mar 2018, 00:49.
Last edited by talimontana on 07 Mar 2018, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IMD '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

Thank you talimontana for taking the lead in creating this thread and the FB group. Great initiative.

I got admitted to Jan'19 intake of IE's IMBA program and I am sharing my experience below.

I applied on 1st Feb which was within the priority application period of 15th Dec to 1st Feb. The essay topics were really interesting and they give a good opportunity to applicants to express themselves. I sent 2 essays as word docs and one as a powerpoint presentation. The interview confirmation mail came by 5th Feb and the interview was scheduled with an alum over Skype. The interview was held on 17th Feb and lasted for 45 mins and the questions were mostly around why MBA, why IE and my CV and work-ex. it was a very relaxed and engaging conversation rather than a stress interview. Finally, I received my admission confirmation on 2nd March.

During the course of the application I connected with many alumni on LinkedIN and that helped in understanding more about the school. The alumni group is extremely helpful and forthcoming and everyone (more than 10) I connected with helped me in some way or the other.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2144055592490886/

For all IE IMBA Jan 2019 intake admits
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Congratulations to all Jan 2019 IMBA admits. Here is a group link to network with your upcoming class and have discussions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2144055592490886/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Just submitted the application. It looks like they're going to revamp the whole essay process from tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea on what those are?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I did not understand the essay section of the application either. As far as I see there is just one question (What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your resume or application?); however, in the website 3 essays are required.

Do anybody have any information about this?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
hermi wrote:
Hi,

I did not understand the essay section of the application either. As far as I see there is just one question (What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your resume or application?); however, in the website 3 essays are required.

Do anybody have any information about this?

Thanks

Hi Hermi,
The number of essays has been reduced to one:

"This section is important in understanding who you are, not just as a student but also as a person in order to grasp the value that you could add to our program. Take this as an opportunity to showcase your unique attributes and personality. There are three formats you can choose to express yourself: a video (max. 3 minutes), a PowerPoint presentation (max. 10 slides), or a written essay (between 250-650 words). Please pay special attention to punctuation, structure and content.

- What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your resume or application?"

They changed the wording as the previous instructions were a little (very) confusing, but a representative from IE clarified the new format: 1 essay + 2 video and 1 written live responses through "Kiraprep" after you submit your application, I'm sure INSEAD has a similar process.

Good luck to you all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone, I just took the ieGAT yesterday and it was harder than I expected. The diagram questions were pretty easy to figure out, but the numerical analysis was really really data heavy. Time management is really essential!
Has anyone else given the ieGAT recently? If yes, how did it go?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys!

I submitted my application before March 12th and just got an email regarding IE Online Assessment. Does anyone have information about the questions? Or any experience with it?

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am taking the ieGAT in two weeks. I wonder about the Diagrammatic Reasoning part. What kind of figures will the test consist of, mostly shapes of triangles, squares and circles?

Furthermore, what kind of mathematics would you advise me to revise in advance.

All help and information with preparations of the ieGAT is much appreciated.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Send PM
slinvestment wrote:
Hi,

I am taking the ieGAT in two weeks. I wonder about the Diagrammatic Reasoning part. What kind of figures will the test consist of, mostly shapes of triangles, squares and circles?

Furthermore, what kind of mathematics would you advise me to revise in advance.

All help and information with preparations of the ieGAT is much appreciated.

I can help you out with this.

The diagrams are basically the simple ones like squares and rectangles but the main aim is to figure out how it transforms into the next figure and find the flow from it ( Years of solving sudoku actually helped me out in this ;) ).

With regard to the math part, it just tests the basic math like percents and ratios. But, this is very data heavy. So, you need to analyze a lot of data in a very short period of time. Plus, you need to read it carefully too since they sneak in a few RC questions as well.

FYI, they will give you 3 sample questions and let you know how it is going to turn out before the exam begins. So you will be pretty clear :-)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts