Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Invited to Interview
14 Feb, 2018
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
Invited to Interview
19 Feb, 2018
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluations requests are not allowing in applicants discussion. Please refer this thread for Stanford profile evaluations.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 19156.html

Originally posted by obiwankanobi on 20 Feb 2018, 04:40.
Last edited by Narenn on 26 Feb 2018, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Post Removed. Note added
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
obiwankanobi wrote:
Hi,
Country of Residence: India
Education History: B.Sc. (Hons.) Accounting and Finance from Manchester Business School; have also passed all of Level 1 ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland) exams.
Work History: Worked with Big 4 in Audit in the UK for 13 months, then been working in family business (advertising company) within the domain of business development for the past 14 months). I understand that the universities consider work-ex up until the point that one starts the MBA course, so total no. of months of full-time work experience until course starts would be 33 months.
Community/Voluntary experience: Education sector, environment protection NGO, around 30 months.
GMAT: 730
Undergrad GPA: 2.70.

Hey young jedi :)

Well, I am not an expert, but honestly it sounds super tough for Stanford R3. From my understanding, your undergrad GPA will be an issue, plus your undergrad institution is not considered as "Ivy". Also, I heard that they are not super fan of people in audit. On the top of that, Stanford is accepting 6.0% of the applicants. Let say that the global class is 450 people, and that 90% have already been accepted, there is only 45 spots.

On the other hand, you are really young: why not getting some more experience wherever, and consider applying in 2-3 years? Is it urgent for you to do an MBA now?

Hope this helps :).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Any updates for this week? It seems the live tracker has been awfully quiet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Awfully quiet indeed and less than 2 weeks for March 6th!
:cry:
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
n3aimy wrote:
Any updates for this week? It seems the live tracker has been awfully quiet.

it gets updated once in a while, but when it gets updated, man, what a bloodbath it is!!! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 454
Send PM

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluations requests are not allowing in applicants discussion. Please refer this thread for Stanford profile evaluations.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 19156.html

Originally posted by smartarvinz on 26 Feb 2018, 11:53.
Last edited by Narenn on 26 Feb 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Post Removed. Note added
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Joshua123 wrote:
obiwankanobi wrote:
Hi,
Country of Residence: India
Education History: B.Sc. (Hons.) Accounting and Finance from Manchester Business School; have also passed all of Level 1 ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland) exams.
Work History: Worked with Big 4 in Audit in the UK for 13 months, then been working in family business (advertising company) within the domain of business development for the past 14 months). I understand that the universities consider work-ex up until the point that one starts the MBA course, so total no. of months of full-time work experience until course starts would be 33 months.
Community/Voluntary experience: Education sector, environment protection NGO, around 30 months.
GMAT: 730
Undergrad GPA: 2.70.

Hey young jedi :)

Well, I am not an expert, but honestly it sounds super tough for Stanford R3. From my understanding, your undergrad GPA will be an issue, plus your undergrad institution is not considered as "Ivy". Also, I heard that they are not super fan of people in audit. On the top of that, Stanford is accepting 6.0% of the applicants. Let say that the global class is 450 people, and that 90% have already been accepted, there is only 45 spots.

On the other hand, you are really young: why not getting some more experience wherever, and consider applying in 2-3 years? Is it urgent for you to do an MBA now?

Hope this helps :).

Hey Joshua,

Cheers for the reply mate. I agree, it'll be awfully tough to get into the R3 pool, and now I am reconsidering my options. Let's see! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Guys, am I alone feeling that GSB has invited so far quite few people? I read somewhere here that usually on the last week they tend to invite quite many people, but this week seems particularly quite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well a guy on ClearAdmit computed 20 interview invite reports this year versus 50 last year, so yeah... two fairly big waves to come I guess (or fewer spots this round) wait & see :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Joshua123 wrote:
Well a guy on ClearAdmit computed 20 interview invite reports this year versus 50 last year, so yeah... two fairly big waves to come I guess (or fewer spots this round) wait & see :)

Or the pool is just really underreporting this year? Although I don’t see why there would be such a significant underepporting going on.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, the underreport could be true, but as a GMAT test-taker, I would say that this reasoning is flawed because:

1/ There is no underreport for the other schools
2/ Stanford applicants are likely to apply to other school and thus not be "underreporting"

So this statement infers that we all will receive an invite on Monday :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Joshua123 wrote:
Well, the underreport could be true, but as a GMAT test-taker, I would say that this reasoning is flawed because:

1/ There is no underreport for the other schools
2/ Stanford applicants are likely to apply to other school and thus not be "underreporting"

So this statement infers that we all will receive an invite on Monday :)

While I certainly hope this is true..

Harvard only has half of R2 interview reports comparing to previous year. Perhaps I just took another outlier.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: LBS '19 (A)
Send PM