Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
blazov wrote:
Guys,

I have been admitted to College of W&M with Mason scholar award (full tuition). Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group of the admitted students ? Did you get any other offers? I have few more so I am really in difficult place. I have no idea how to decide.

Regards

Congrats! Shoot me a message with your contact info and I'll get you added to the https://gmatclub.com/chat.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Just got the e-mail - admitted with $$$.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ackingston wrote:

Congrats! Message me your info if you would like to be added to the https://gmatclub.com/chat.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jessica2020 wrote:
Ackingston wrote:

Congrats! Message me your info if you would like to be added to the https://gmatclub.com/chat.

Thanks Jessica! As positive as the experience was with W&M, I've decided to join Krannert in the fall. Best of luck to all of you and enjoy your time in Williamsburg!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Received the Admit Letter today! In with $$ and GA!

But will be waiting for decisions from other schools before I take the plunge. Definitely had a positive experience with W&M all throughout, so it would be interesting to see if I will be attending it in Fall 2018!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I got admitted with $$$. Really into W&M with everything from program, people to the town. But the remaining tuition is still too high, but I'm not at a good position to take loan. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
I do not know how much you guys mean by using $$$ or $$ :). I really love W&M, mostly by talking with people of W&M. I was also admitted with scholarship and GA but the remaining costs are still over my pocket. Is there any change to negotiate?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats everyone! It's nice to see this thread more active :) If anyone would like to be added to the https://gmatclub.com/chat we have for admitted students send me a message with your info. We have people who have decided on W&M and some who are still thinking in there :) We would love to have you!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Guys - if you aren’t in position to take out a loan, you can always defer your admission to the following year and save some money. Hopefully you have a good reason, because I don’t know that simply saying you don’t want to take out a loan is good enough. If there is a reason you can’t borrow for school, let them know and come up with a plan for your deferral. You can always do more things to additional or better funding (promotion at work, higher GMAT, etc.).

As far as negotiations for more money are concerned, you can absolutely do that if you aren’t satisfied. If there is a reason you need more money that wasn’t articulated in the admissions process, then you can share those with the committee (maybe you won’t make as much money this year or you had a death in the family that is causing you financial burden). If you have stronger offers from other schools, you can use those as well. Just send an e-mail letting W&M know they are your top choice, but you received xyz amount from this other school. Feel free to attach the other offer to the e-mail to prove you aren’t bluffing. They won’t let students who show good promise go over a couple thousand dollars.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let any lurkers know that even though our thread here is quiet, we have a very active https://gmatclub.com/chat. If you have been admitted and want to join just message me with your information!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 620 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Hey guys,

I have been admitted to the W&M MBA program.

I was reading here that there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the class of 2020, please add me to that group. Let's connect.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys and gals,

Another admitted student at W&M here. Please add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group.
I'm also curious about the GA you are talking about. Do you get that for first year already?

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to earn a scholarship after the first semester?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
plantlife wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to earn a scholarship after the first semester?

Hi plantlife!

I am not sure on that. I believe the offers are typically made at admission, but I would reach out to the admissions office and ask them. The staff there are all really nice! I do know that in our 2nd year we have the opportunity to apply for a graduate assistantship position which helps a little bit financially.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the info!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
How is the housing situation in Williamsburg? Was anyone able to get on campus housing?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V26
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I have my interview on 23rd January for Mason.

Could someone please help me with how to prepare and the questions?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts