Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Duplicate post :?

Originally posted by MBADecoder on 20 Mar 2018, 02:50.
Last edited by MBADecoder on 20 Mar 2018, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Vish03 wrote:
Hi All,

Please help me evaluate my chances for ISB admission based on the following info:

1. GMAT score - 700.
2. Class 10th - 89%.
3. Diploma in Electronics and Telecomm : 83%
4. BE in Electronics and Telecomm : 60%

Professional experience:

I have an experience of 4.5 years in IT industry (Infosys Ltd). Out of this 1.5 years is onsite experience. I have no significant extra-curricular achievements to my name.

what are your achievements and leadership experiences at work? Watch out for ways to differentiate yourself from other applicants, even on this forum
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rahill446 wrote:
Hello team! Please help me evaluate my profile for ISB R1 - 2019-20.

Male - 24 year old

Class 10 - 91.07%
Class 12- 87.5%
B. Com - CGPA 5.18
M.Com part 1 - 68%
CIMA - unable to clear in 2 attempts. Do not plan to pursue it further for now!

CA - First attempt (all levels)

Articleship at PwC statutory audit department for 3 years (client appreciation and spot award recd.)

Post qualification - Work exp 2.5 years (till date. Will be 3 in sep 18) in Transaction Advisory Services at PwC and currently managing financial due diligence engagements almost independently and determining various red flags for investors, determining purchase considerations, analysing key deal issues, etc.

Received many rewards and recognition for my contribution to the assignments.

Relatively fast paced promotion (1 and half year) to Asst. Manager

Extra currics - nothing to be proud of except for few certificates in playing chess at inter school / college level

Been a part of an NGO mentoring underprivileged kids for about 8 months now.

GMAT - yet to appear! (Expecting to touch 720 atleast)

Also request you to help me prepare my next steps!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hi Rahil,

Overall good profile, but i am just wondering how you will differentiate yourself from the other CAs/ Big Four applicants who will apply with you. Leadership, impact (on company) and achievement at work will be a key way of doing that. Feel free to reach out and share more info about yourself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
I cant evaluate your profile but I must say that you should try for ISB. All the very best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You are having good chances bro.. all the very best :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2054 [1]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Reshmi12 wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to Gmat process( not yet started with the preparation ) and planning to give gmat between month of July-August. As I am new to this and targeting ISB cycle1 admission, can someone helped me with the below queries

1) As I am from non-engineering background and my quant is very very poor and verbal average so how can I prepare for the exam(target score 700+ )

2) My background:-
1. Class X- 65%
2. Class Xll- 55% (science)
3. BCA- 7.91
4. Work experience- 56 months currently with TCS getting promoted to ITA in next 1-2 months
5. No extra curricular activities

What are my chances in getting into ISB and what can be my desired score also how can I make my profile strong.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Reshmi12,

1) For quant preparation you can start of by going through the QUANT Megathread by Bunuel. -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

2) For verbal preparation, kindly go to the verbal section of the GMAT club and read about different resources. For starters you can begin with CR as it is logical and a good place to start. CR megathread is Here -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-rea ... 45178.html

3) For ISB profiles of aspiring candidates there are many great discussions, I found this one helpful -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 10934.html

Hope to get you started with these threads..

All the best for your prep!

Best,
Gladi
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hi Reshmi12

First off, welcome to GMATClub

I would recommend you to post a profile evaluation request with a tentative
GMAT score(which you think is achievable) in the Admission Consultant forum.

Link: Admission_Consultant_Forum

When you do so, try and highlight the growth you have had in TCS and
mention some of your hobbies which you might have been good at!

Hope this helps you!

*PS - this post may be auto-deleted in 24 hours.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
Hi Reshmi12

Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Hope this helps you!

Hi pushpitkc

I was not aware of where to post my queries but thanks for the help though the link which you mentioned is not working.

Could you please check once the link.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gladiator59 wrote:
Reshmi12 wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to Gmat process( not yet started with the preparation ) and planning to give gmat between month of July-August. As I am new to this and targeting ISB cycle1 admission, can someone helped me with the below queries

1) As I am from non-engineering background and my quant is very very poor and verbal average so how can I prepare for the exam(target score 700+ )

2) My background:-
1. Class X- 65%
2. Class Xll- 55% (science)
3. BCA- 7.91
4. Work experience- 56 months currently with TCS getting promoted to ITA in next 1-2 months
5. No extra curricular activities

What are my chances in getting into ISB and what can be my desired score also how can I make my profile strong.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Hi Reshmi12,

1) For quant preparation you can start of by going through the QUANT Megathread by Bunuel. -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

2) For verbal preparation, kindly go to the verbal section of the GMAT club and read about different resources. For starters you can begin with CR as it is logical and a good place to start. CR megathread is Here -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-rea ... 45178.html

3) For ISB profiles of aspiring candidates there are many great discussions, I found this one helpful -> https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 10934.html

Hope to get you started with these threads..

All the best for your prep!

Best,
Gladi

Hi Gladiator59

I will look into the above links and will get back to you if any further help required

Thanks

Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Reshmi12 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Hi Reshmi12

Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Hope this helps you!

Hi pushpitkc

I was not aware of where to post my queries but thanks for the help though the link which you mentioned is not working.

Could you please check once the link.

Have updated the link in the original post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,
Can you help me to evaluate my Profile for ISB & one year IIM program for 2019 intake? Please suggest area of improvement. Planning for GMAT in Aug 2018.

X - 68%
XII - 58%
Engineering(IT) - 58%

Total WE - 96 Months incl 12 Months of entrepreneurship. ( 4 Years in India & 3 years in Europe & Asia)

After Completing Engineering Joined Small IT company.Later started to set up my own registered firm in Marketing Technology.

Joined MNC as Business consultant ERP division.
Responsibilities: Understanding Client's business for domains like sales, Inventory & procurement. Suggesting improvement in process & mapping to Oracle ERP products.
Have experience of handling team with 10+ heads.

Industry Exp: Oil & Gas, FMCG, Service.

Regards,
Mayank
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB Hyderabad and IIM Ahmedabad for 2019 intake. I am planning to take GMAT again in July 2018. My profile is as mentioned below:
1) 10th - 80%, CBSE Board
2) 12th- 87%, CBSE Board
3) Diploma- 76%
4) Engineering in Mechanical- 75%

I am having an experience of 8 years. 99 months to be precise including initial training period of 11 months.
I am working for an Indian conglomerate in the field of shipbuilding.
Basically involved in designing of ships from scratch.

Regarding my CCA, mostly involved in toastmaster sessions being held at my company.
During college days, was one of the core members of national level technical events and departmental societies.
No achievement in field of sports. Worked for a short duration for 2 NGOs of my hometown.

Regards
Tatz
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
tatz wrote:
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB Hyderabad and IIM Ahmedabad for 2019 intake. I am planning to take GMAT again in July 2018. My profile is as mentioned below:
2) 12th- 87%, CBSE Board
3) Diploma- 76%

I am having an experience of 8 years. 99 months to be precise including initial training period of 11 months.

Regarding my CCA, mostly involved in toastmaster sessions being held at my company.
During college days, was one of the core members of national level technical events and departmental societies.
No achievement in field of sports. Worked for a short duration for 2 NGOs of my hometown.

Regards
Tatz

Hi tatz,

Thanks for sharing your query.

Your work experience is definitely on the higher side considering the ISB average. However, this shouldn't be much of an issue if you are able to appropriately address your need for an MBA at this stage of your career and how ISB fits in with your career goals. Your essays must also portray your strengths and achievements (particularly at the professional level) but since you have not quite shared those details, we are unable to comment on the same.

The extra-curricular activities seem alright and you should be able to focus on the all-around personality.

At this point, you must focus on two things (primarily):
- Your GMAT: The higher your score the better your chances will be; you must definitely be looking at a score upwards of 710.
- Your essays: Ensure you prepare a stellar set of essays keeping the above-mentioned points in mind.

If you are able to achieve the above, you will have a good chance at making it to ISB :)

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a detailed profile evaluation for free. Should you feel a need for the same, please do get in touch with us.

All the best!
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Vish03 wrote:
Hi All,

Please help me evaluate my chances for ISB admission based on the following info:

1. GMAT score - 700.
2. Class 10th - 89%.
3. Diploma in Electronics and Telecomm : 83%
4. BE in Electronics and Telecomm : 60%

Professional experience:

I have an experience of 4.5 years in IT industry (Infosys Ltd). Out of this 1.5 years is onsite experience. I have no significant extra-curricular achievements to my name.

Hi Vish03,

We are a bit late in responding to you but we hope this will be of help to you still.

Considering you belong to an overrepresented applicant group, we would recommend that you retake the GMAT. A higher score will help you stand out in the applicant group. It becomes even more important considering your lack of extracurriculars.

Spend the next few months building your profile (professional/extra-curricular). While we do not have any details of your achievements/responsibilities/leadership experience at work, we do recommend that you continue performing in your current role in order to have points you can talk about in your essays.

For a detailed profile evaluation, you could share your Resume with us :)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ABatExpertsGlobal wrote:
tatz wrote:
Dear All,
2) 12th- 87%, CBSE Board
3) Diploma- 76%

Regards
Tatz

Hi tatz,

Your work experience is definitely on the higher side considering the ISB average. However, this shouldn't be much of an issue if you are able to appropriately address your need for an MBA at this stage of your career and how ISB fits in with your career goals. Your essays must also portray your strengths and achievements (particularly at the professional level) but since you have not quite shared those details, we are unable to comment on the same.

The extra-curricular activities seem alright and you should be able to focus on the all-around personality.

- Your GMAT: The higher your score the better your chances will be; you must definitely be looking at a score upwards of 710.
- Your essays: Ensure you prepare a stellar set of essays keeping the above-mentioned points in mind.

If you are able to achieve the above, you will have a good chance at making it to ISB :)

We would like to take this opportunity to offer you a detailed profile evaluation for free. Should you feel a need for the same, please do get in touch with us.

All the best!

Dear Expert,

Thanks alot for evaluating my profile and presenting it in a good manner.
I got confused with your statement about my work experience. Do you think that, based upon my experience, I should aim for some other colleges rather than ISB ?
I am targeting IIM A also and I have checked the work ex of current batch which is in line with my experience tenure.

I request you to suggest some good B schools based on my work ex.

My strengths and achievements :
1) My dedication towards work which has resulted in getting top rating always.
2) Got selected as Management Trainee among batch of 400 GETs of that year.
3) Rewarded as one of the most promising employee of the company.
4) Working for a project worth Rs 1400 crore
5) Project co coordinator for bidding of a project worth Rs 20 000 crore

Rgds
Tatz
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mayank1988piitmishka wrote:
Hi All,
Can you help me to evaluate my Profile for ISB & one year IIM program for 2019 intake? Please suggest area of improvement. Planning for GMAT in Aug 2018.

X - 68%
XII - 58%
Engineering(IT) - 58%

Total WE - 96 Months incl 12 Months of entrepreneurship. ( 4 Years in India & 3 years in Europe & Asia)

After Completing Engineering Joined Small IT company.Later started to set up my own registered firm in Marketing Technology.

Joined MNC as Business consultant ERP division.
Responsibilities: Understanding Client's business for domains like sales, Inventory & procurement. Suggesting improvement in process & mapping to Oracle ERP products.
Have experience of handling team with 10+ heads.

Industry Exp: Oil & Gas, FMCG, Service.

Regards,
Mayank

Hi All
Can you help me to evaluate my profile?
I know my academics are poor. What can I do to make it?

Regards
Mayank Pande

Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
tatz wrote:
ABatExpertsGlobal wrote:
tatz wrote:
Dear All,
2) 12th- 87%, CBSE Board
3) Diploma- 76%

Regards
Tatz

Hi tatz,

All the best!

Dear Expert,

Thanks alot for evaluating my profile and presenting it in a good manner.
I got confused with your statement about my work experience. Do you think that, based upon my experience, I should aim for some other colleges rather than ISB ?
I am targeting IIM A also and I have checked the work ex of current batch which is in line with my experience tenure.

I request you to suggest some good B schools based on my work ex.

My strengths and achievements :
1) My dedication towards work which has resulted in getting top rating always.
2) Got selected as Management Trainee among batch of 400 GETs of that year.
3) Rewarded as one of the most promising employee of the company.
4) Working for a project worth Rs 1400 crore
5) Project co coordinator for bidding of a project worth Rs 20 000 crore

Rgds
Tatz

Hi tatz,

You could definitely look at applying to ISB! :) Also, the achievements look good. We only need to represent them well in your essays.
With regard to the schools, we suggest that you take the GMAT as the same will play a major role in helping select the schools.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  75   76   77   78   79  ...  307