Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1779 [0]
Given Kudos: 2562
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1779 [0]
Given Kudos: 2562
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3802 [1]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
Kudos
chesstitans ,

Your so very curious query made me think with equal avidness but i don't think we have specific posts about FAILED STUDY PLANS. BUT you can read the GMAT experiences/debriefs where people did not achieve the awesome score even after studying for long or check the previous gmat experience debriefs of those who nailed it in their 3rd or 4th attempt. All of this relates to bad study habits and unorganized way of studying. Sometimes happens for not having a study plan at all but mostly happens when students have one but do not follow it.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3802 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
chesstitans ,

Your so very curious query made me think with equal avidness but i don't think we have specific posts about FAILED STUDY PLANS. BUT you can read the GMAT experiences/debriefs where people did not achieve the awesome score even after studying for long or check the previous gmat experience debriefs of those who nailed it in their 3rd or 4th attempt. All of this relates to bad study habits and unorganized way of studying. Sometimes happens for not having a study plan at all but mostly happens when students have one but do not follow it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi there! I am a nonnative speaker and I´ve planned to take the GMAT on March 23rd, since I started on January 31st I will be studying for 50 days aprox. I took the first GMATprep exam and scored 600 points (very bad on the Verbal but better than expected on the Quant section).

I´ve started with the OGs and I plan to doy the 1500 questions in the next 6 weeks and then use the last 1.5 week to do CATs and practice AWA and IR. I don't plan to take any online course because I feel that I´m better at learning by myself with a book, I always was. Do you guys think this is enough? If I were to take an online course it would have to be a Verbal-focused one because it is what I need most, though I prefer not to take anything (cheaper option).

Also, why is "bb" saying that starting with the OGs is "Common mistake"?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi there! I am a nonnative speaker and I´ve planned to take the GMAT on March 23rd, since I started on January 31st I will be studying for 50 days aprox. I took the first GMATprep exam and scored 600 points (very bad on the Verbal but better than expected on the Quant section).

I´ve started with the OGs and I plan to doy the 1500 questions in the next 6 weeks and then use the last 1.5 week to do CATs and practice AWA and IR. I don't plan to take any online course because I feel that I´m better at learning by myself with a book, I always was. Do you guys think this is enough? If I were to take an online course it would have to be a Verbal-focused one because it is what I need most, though I prefer not to take anything (cheaper option).

Also, why is "bb" saying that starting with the OGs is "Common mistake"?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello BB,

Thank you so much for posting this. If I would like to just check my quant progress after finishing my strategy guides, am I able to just do the quant sections of practice CAT and still get a score? For example on GMAT prep and MGMAT tests?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello BB,

Thank you so much for posting this. If I would like to just check my quant progress after finishing my strategy guides, am I able to just do the quant sections of practice CAT and still get a score? For example on GMAT prep and MGMAT tests?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2055 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
KJ26 wrote:
Guys my friend Ariana has great material on GMAT. Post your email id in the comments section of the below link and she will share the material with you.

arianadthacker/detail/recent-activity/

Kudos appreciated. I unable to post the link as i have just joined the club. just check out her page on linkedin

Hi KJ26

Can you ask your friend to join GMAT club and post her material here.
That way more people can benefit.

Thanks,
Gladi
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2055 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
KJ26 wrote:
Guys my friend Ariana has great material on GMAT. Post your email id in the comments section of the below link and she will share the material with you.

arianadthacker/detail/recent-activity/

Kudos appreciated. I unable to post the link as i have just joined the club. just check out her page on linkedin

Hi KJ26

Can you ask your friend to join GMAT club and post her material here.
That way more people can benefit.

Thanks,
Gladi
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [2]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Kudos
this topic really helped my spirit when i faced gmat for the first time man ! i cant thank you enough
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Send PM
this topic really helped my spirit when i faced gmat for the first time man ! i cant thank you enough
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hello there! After trying too hard my final gmat score is 300 i have a good gpa score completed my bachelors and masters in accounting with 3.9 3.9 gpas 3 years of work experiences and stong profile..
i want to get in one for master accounting colleges in texas.. universities like clear lake or university of houston which are average colleges.. what are the possiblities of me getting there? Please help me.. i tried really hard for gmat.
Please help me.. thank u in advance

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hello there! After trying too hard my final gmat score is 300 i have a good gpa score completed my bachelors and masters in accounting with 3.9 3.9 gpas 3 years of work experiences and stong profile..
i want to get in one for master accounting colleges in texas.. universities like clear lake or university of houston which are average colleges.. what are the possiblities of me getting there? Please help me.. i tried really hard for gmat.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi ankykool,

To start, you would likely receive more of a response if you post your story in its own thread (for example, in the 'Share GMAT Experience' forum here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/share-gmat-experience-8/). You should go into as much detail as you can about how you studied, the study materials you used, etc. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Your immediate question is Admissions-related. There's a forum full of Admissions Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ankykool,

To start, you would likely receive more of a response if you post your story in its own thread (for example, in the 'Share GMAT Experience' forum here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/share-gmat-experience-8/). You should go into as much detail as you can about how you studied, the study materials you used, etc. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Your immediate question is Admissions-related. There's a forum full of Admissions Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankykool wrote:

is this your official score ? because its way below the average that it might hurt your application considering your total qualifications. There is the option to cancel the score
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankykool wrote:

is this your official score ? because its way below the average that it might hurt your application considering your total qualifications. There is the option to cancel the score
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Can a consistent score of 690 in the mock tests 20 days before the GMAT exam convert to 720+ in the actual test?

Any suggestion to improve the score in these remaining 20 days?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16