Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: 540 to 600+? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi gp2771,

Choosing to study now - far in advance of when you'll actually plan to apply - is a smart choice. Since you're not facing an imminent deadline, you have the flexibility to adjust your timeline (as needed). Based on your CAT Scores, you certainly seem to be performing in a consistent range - so you're handling certain aspects of the GMAT consistently well, but you're also making certain consistent mistakes. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so it's possible that you will be able to correct some of these issues on your own (as you continue to study). As such, you should probably finish the current Course that you're working through before you make any big changes to your routine.

1) At this point, have you actually completed the Course?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1) I am currently finishing up reviewing my last practice exam/noting areas where I consistently struggle. Then within the next couple days I will finish with the AWA and Integrated Reasoning lesson, the last lesson in the Veritas prep course.
2) Going forward I plan on studying 10-15 hours a week, Balancing light undergrad course work with more Gmat studying and vice-versa when finals start to come around.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gp2771,

I assume that there will be a period of time in which you're going to focused solely on your finals. When will that be and for how long? I think that you should finish your current GMAT Course, then take 1 more CAT. Once you have that result, you should post back here and we can discuss how best to proceed.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So my finals are near the end of April and will probably be about a good solid two weeks that will be used for preparing/taking finals

And I have rescheduled my test to June 23rd
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gp2771,

While GMAT skills tend to 'fade' over time (if you're not continuing to practice them), it's not likely that you would 'lose' too much by limiting your studies during the two weeks that you say you'll need for your final exams. As it stands, there's probably not much that we can do about that either way - since your finals are a priority. Thus, I'll stick with the prior advice at this point - finish your current Course and take a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT. We can use that result to put together a study plan going forward.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot