Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Anyone interview at Stern Perspectives Diversity Weekend and hear back yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
2020outlook wrote:

Yes I heard back and I know another person who did as well. But the other person heard last week and I heard yesterday so it seems to be a rolling process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CaribenaMorena wrote:
2020outlook wrote:

Yes I heard back and I know another person who did as well. But the other person heard last week and I heard yesterday so it seems to be a rolling process?

Ah thank you for your post - that's what it certainly seems like then! I applied through the Consortium so I would think they had to have made a decision on me already. Congrats on your admission!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
2020outlook wrote:
CaribenaMorena wrote:
2020outlook wrote:

Ah thank you for your post - that's what it certainly seems like then! I applied through the Consortium so I would think they had to have made a decision on me already. Congrats on your admission!

Yeah I applied consortium as well. Are you in the GroupMe they created for perspectives day? It seems super quiet so I figured not everyone has been notified.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V165
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Kudos
Just received my acceptance! Seems like they're going out in small batches?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vodkarain wrote:

Wow. Congratulations! :thumbup:

Did you hear from them or was it an update on the portal? Besides, do you mind sharing your timeline for the process? (this will be helpful info for others who are waiting to hear back from Stern :-) )

And yes, the decisions usually go out in small batches. Stern follows a rolling process and sends final decision within three weeks of the interview completion date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V165
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
DigitsnLetters wrote:
vodkarain wrote:

Did you hear from them or was it an update on the portal? Besides, do you mind sharing your timeline for the process? (this will be helpful info for others who are waiting to hear back from Stern :-) )

And yes, the decisions usually go out in small batches. Stern follows a rolling process and sends final decision within three weeks of the interview completion date.

I received an email saying that there was an update on my admissions status. Here is my timeline:

Applied: 12/15
Interview Request: 2/8
On-campus Interview: 2/22
Acceptance: 3/18
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vodkarain wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
vodkarain wrote:

I received an email saying that there was an update on my admissions status. Here is my timeline:

Applied: 12/15
Interview Request: 2/8
On-campus Interview: 2/22
Acceptance: 3/18

I see it took a little over 3 weeks for you, but I guess it was worth the wait. Thank you for the timeline info and congratulations once again. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
CaribenaMorena wrote:
2020outlook wrote:
CaribenaMorena wrote:

Yeah I applied consortium as well. Are you in the GroupMe they created for perspectives day? It seems super quiet so I figured not everyone has been notified.

I am not in the GroupMe, but I figure I should be hearing back any day now since it's been more than 3 weeks!

Do you know if they gave out fellowship notifications yet?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
2020outlook wrote:
CaribenaMorena wrote:
2020outlook wrote:

Good luck! sounds like a stressful process not knowing exactly when you hear....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I just got my waitlist letter.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:

When did you interview? And you're going to Booth anyway, no? They may have thought you wouldn't come.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:

All the best. Even I got a waitlist just now. Hoping for a positive result.

Originally posted by kabs123 on 22 Mar 2018, 14:20.
Last edited by kabs123 on 23 Mar 2018, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Rose78 wrote:
Filthydelphia wrote:

When did you interview? And you're going to Booth anyway, no? They may have thought you wouldn't come.

March 6th.

Stern wouldn't know that I got a Booth acceptance, though. I cannot imagine they would waitlist or ding applicants they like just because they think/assume they won't matriculate there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:
Rose78 wrote:
Filthydelphia wrote:

March 6th.

Stern wouldn't know that I got a Booth acceptance, though. I cannot imagine they would waitlist or ding applicants they like just because they think/assume they won't matriculate there!

Schools are definitely interested in improving their yield, but I agree with you. You have a super strong profile, not sure why they didn’t bite.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Stern DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Waitlisted, 20 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q47 V47), GPA: 3.66, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 96, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 25 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Consulting, WE 41, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:
Rose78 wrote:
Filthydelphia wrote:

March 6th.

It absolutely happens. Your stats are super strong, and if they felt in the interview you didn't show a ton of interest in the program, they might be afraid you have your sights set somewhere else. Since yield is a part of rankings, it is something they're really careful with.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts