Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Should you apply in the last round [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You don't need to know French all business schools are instructed in English. Insead is probably 90% International and so you won't be excluded from student life or anything not knowing French. About 50% of graduates are hired into management consulting there. And very well recognized in China, in the US as well. If you choose Investment Banking as your goal, in terms of name-brand in investment-banking it's up there probably better than the top 20 but maybe not as good as to top 10 US. It's ranked the #1 school by the financial times which is the only Global ranking. Also the GMAT standards are significantly more reasonable I believe they stand it at average of 705 at this point.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: MBA Link
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Cornell - Class of 2012
Send PM
Johnnywantover700, what's your nationality?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Should you apply in the last round [#permalink]
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
You don't need to know French all business schools are instructed in English. Insead is probably 90% International and so you won't be excluded from student life or anything not knowing French. About 50% of graduates are hired into management consulting there. And very well recognized in China, in the US as well. If you choose Investment Banking as your goal, in terms of name-brand in investment-banking it's up there probably better than the top 20 but maybe not as good as to top 10 US. It's ranked the #1 school by the financial times which is the only Global ranking. Also the GMAT standards are significantly more reasonable I believe they stand it at average of 705 at this point.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com

Okay! Sounds like a plan now let just hope I get a 700+... But Insead being a 1 year program will it reduce my chance of switch career? Also is the mgmt consulting job is alot different from my previous consulting exp since its mostly realestate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBALinkLawrence wrote:
Johnnywantover700, what's your nationality?

Hi Lawrence,

I am Canadian citizen and I am Chinese ethnic wise.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
Send PM
I'm applying to 3 US schools in the third round and LBS 4th round. However, as an unorthodox candidate (female, 31, 770gmat, cambridge UK undergrad + masters, serial entrepreneur, international (middle east) experience) , I am not as disadvantaged in the 3rd round as much as some others might be, because they're looking for a little diversity to fill out the classes. The way I see it, I have a marmite profile - they'll either be into it or totally uninterested, and that will be the case just as much in the 3rd round as in the 1st. If I had a "regular" profile and wasn't already "old" then I would wait until 1st round of next year.

However, international students are discouraged from 3rd round applications due to lack of time to get a visa. Having said that I've had a bunch of application invites from US schools including Cornell, and they know it'll be a third round application. Maybe they're more lenient on "easier" countries like EU and Canada?

I am also applying to INSEAD for January intake. Their prospectus is pretty clear that a second language is required, but it can be anything - doesn't have to be French
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Should you apply in the last round [#permalink]
tinyinthedesert wrote:
I'm applying to 3 US schools in the third round and LBS 4th round. However, as an unorthodox candidate (female, 31, 770gmat, cambridge UK undergrad + masters, serial entrepreneur, international (middle east) experience) , I am not as disadvantaged in the 3rd round as much as some others might be, because they're looking for a little diversity to fill out the classes. The way I see it, I have a marmite profile - they'll either be into it or totally uninterested, and that will be the case just as much in the 3rd round as in the 1st. If I had a "regular" profile and wasn't already "old" then I would wait until 1st round of next year.

However, international students are discouraged from 3rd round applications due to lack of time to get a visa. Having said that I've had a bunch of application invites from US schools including Cornell, and they know it'll be a third round application. Maybe they're more lenient on "easier" countries like EU and Canada?

I am also applying to INSEAD for January intake. Their prospectus is pretty clear that a second language is required, but it can be anything - doesn't have to be French

Wow your gmat mark is amazing. I don’t see any weakness on your profile. You just need a good story. I think you even have a shot at HBS.

What’s your secret on the high gmat score? I feel entrepreneur experience is high vauled by mba because it makes you a vagabond (think I saw this somewhere on some investment banking forum). Make you stand out so long as you can explain a good business I guess.

Btw what your goal post mba?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi.. I want to apply for tuck, Darden, Yale and Kelley in 3rd round. I am done with gmat ( 750 Q50, V41) and TOEFL(112/120). I have got 16 months of experience in in
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi.. I want to apply for tuck, Darden, Yale and Kelley in 3rd round. I am done with gmat ( 750 Q50, V41) and TOEFL(112/120). I have got 16 months of experience in operations in BPCL and then 17 months of experience in a friends startup as strategy planning and business development officer. Do I have a chance of getting into any of above colleges? And should I consider applying for some other college because I want to get into a MBA program this fall? My post MBA goal is to get into a consulting firm like deloitte or Bain.
GMAT Club Bot