Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.09
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MBADecoder

Thank you so much for your kind suggestions! I will definitely keep these in mind while writing my essays and for the interview, in case I have the chance to face one :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I am woman, based out of India. I am hoping to apply to Rotman in the round 2 cycle. However, my GMAT score is not my friend at this point. However, please let me know if you think the rest of my profile and hedge the low score:

ACADEMICS:
- GMAT: 640 (sigh, this has been a bit disappointing)
- UNDERGRAD: Bachelors in Management Studies, NM College - 75%

WORK EXPERIENCE
-I have seven years of work experience in the digital monetization/ ad tech space and I help american publishing networks generate revenue from their digital content. I joined Media.net since inception and have been a part of their journey from day one - we go acquired last year for a billion USD.
-I manage teams of over 15 people and a portfolio of close to 3000 clients based out of SF, LA and NY and travel extensively to the to these locations in order to build personal relationships with our clients.
-I have co-founded the LnD team and trained over 300 employees, recruited close to a 100 employees

CERTIFICATIONS:
Sales excellence by Dale Carnigie for North American markets, Train the trainer, Situational leadership

VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
- Mentor at the Green Batti Project (xbillionlabs) to coach and mentor underprivileged children
- Fund raising and volunteer at the Goodwill Project

EXTRA CURRICULAR
- Blues Musician - singer, songwriter and guitarist - started The Barefoot Project (stage name for live performances). Last gig was for the VH1 takeover event.
- Illustrator and co-founder at ArtBop - use this is as a platform to sell my art
- Intermediate at vinyasa yoga

POST MBA GOAL:
Product manager at a tech firm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hello,

I am Indian Male Candidate (29 years). Please evaluate my profile
Academics -
CFA Level 2 Cleared
B.E. Computer Science from Mumbai University - 66%
MBA Finance from ICFAI Hyderabad - CGPA 7.6 (Looking for another PG for international opportunities in IB)

Overall Experience is 6 years (No International experience)
Currently working with J P Morgan chase and Co - 4.5 years with Fixed Income Middle Office (Asia majorly HK and Singapore markets)

I am appearing for GMAT in Dec last week. what would be an ideal GMAT score with this profile.

Please help with your valuable insights
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Please evaluate my profile for Rotman 2 year MBA program

Nationality: Indian

Educational Background: Mechanical Engineer from Birla Institute of Technology with 8.11 GPA in last year and 7.5 GPA overall
GMAT: 700 (Verbal 35 and Quant 49) just gave GMAT so have not received AWA scores yet

Extra Curriculars: Vice President for Marketing in AIESEC Ranchi

Work Experience: 2 years diverse of experience in various startups
1) 2 months of paid internship during college with Cars24 in Operations focusing on operational excellence. Developed processes that are still being used Nationwide in Cars24.
2) 10 months of Experience with Happay as Strategic Alliances Associate, job role revolved around formulizing and forging alliances with various companies. Have extensive networks in startups with over 91 alliances forged in 8 months duration
3) 1 year experience with Blackbuck (a series C funded $900mil valuation startup) in Product Launch. Launched and handled operations for kandla cluster for the company which has generated more than INR 80 Cr in 10 months. Last month revenue generated for the company by my efforts accounted for a revenue of INR 5.82Cr making me best-performing resource of the month for 6th time in a row.

HIGHLIGHT: Worked on my own startup "Zeading" It was operational for 11 months. It was a blogging platform. Average daily unique user visits during this time were 1000+ with more than 10000 registered active users. Handled operations and business development and launched the product in 7 different markets within the course of 11 months. Had to stop the operations when certain assumptions regarding market behavior on which our business was built proved to be wrong.

Currently working on my venture " BotBenefit". It is revenue positive tech consultancy for bleeding tech in India (Tech includes AI, Cryptocurrency, react based systems). Our latest projects include designing a stock exchange for startups, medical chatbots for advising on medical problems by categorising symptoms, and political chatbots for campaigning.

Volunteer work:
International internship to Vietnam to teach sex education to underprivileged children

Awards: Winner of national entrepreneurship challenge (IIT Bombay)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Background and nationality
I am Indian by Nationality. I have applied for a Canadian PR – expecting a positive outcome by March-April of 2018. So, I will be a domestic student, if PR ends with a positive outcome; or otherwise, I will be an international student.
Please review my profile from both the lenses – International and Domestic Student.

Education Information
B. Tech in Instrumentation & Control Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University with 63%.
PG Diploma in Forestry Management (Environment Management major) from Indian Institute of Forest Management in India; GPA of 2.78/4.33

GMAT: 670

Work experience and leadership
I am working in the Not-for-profit organisation space from last five years and eight months – one year between my Bachelors and PG Diploma and remaining after my PG diploma.
I have worked with a grass-root level NGO for a year before I did my PG Diploma. Afterwards, I worked with the State Government Department for 2 years. I was Monitoring the implementation of MGNREGA – a national scheme ensuring 100 days employment for the rural households.
Then I joined an International US Based NGO – TechnoServe (Charity Navigator rating of 90) and have been associated with it for last 2.5 years. I work as a Monitoring & Evaluation Expert.
I have worked only in India, but across India with several communities.

Community and others
Attended several workshops, seminars and event like storytelling for evaluation, and similar within sector conferences.
Member of Entrepreneurship Development Cell during my PG Diploma.
Have won few quizzes and contests – do not have proof of it though.

Post MBA goals
The plan is stay back in Canada and join the workforce after being professionally equipped to do so.

Anything else?
I do provide advisory and Consultation services to other NGOs on freelance basis. I have till date done some 4-5 such assignments. Few of them are paid and few of them are Pro bono public.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone. Would really appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

Indian male

Undegrad: 3.05 GPA in Mechanical Engineering from a top US school (minors in economics and history)

GMAT: 730 (Q 50, V 39)

GRE: 333 ( Q 164, V 169)

Work experience: 1 year in operations for a major auto manufacturer, 2.5 years of consulting at Deloitte. 1 promotion and a few work awards

Extra curriculars: 8 months in the rotary club helping victims of fire. 11 months in an animal shelter.

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shivam718 wrote:
Hi everyone. Would really appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

Indian male

Undegrad: 3.05 GPA in Mechanical Engineering from a top US school (minors in economics and history)

GMAT: 730 (Q 50, V 39)

GRE: 333 ( Q 164, V 169)

Work experience: 1 year in operations for a major auto manufacturer, 2.5 years of consulting at Deloitte. 1 promotion and a few work awards

Extra curriculars: 8 months in the rotary club helping victims of fire. 11 months in an animal shelter.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Shivam718,

Thanks for sharing the details :)

It almost goes without saying that you have a fine GMAT score that will certainly help you retain an edge. Further, the extracurricular activities, though not exceptional, will be worth mentioning in order to add the additional dimension to your profile. Currently, what you majorly need to focus on is your essays. Remember, putting forth your achievements and professional skills in an effective manner will be very crucial, besides portraying a set of career goals, in which the short-term and long-term aspirations make logical sense :)

Should you need help in taking care of the above, please let us know :)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
abhijeests13 wrote:
I am Indian by Nationality. I have applied for a Canadian PR – expecting a positive outcome by March-April of 2018. So, I will be a domestic student, if PR ends with a positive outcome; or otherwise, I will be an international student.
Please review my profile from both the lenses – International and Domestic Student.

Education Information
B. Tech in Instrumentation & Control Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University with 63%.
PG Diploma in Forestry Management (Environment Management major) from Indian Institute of Forest Management in India; GPA of 2.78/4.33

I am working in the Not-for-profit organisation space from last five years and eight months – one year between my Bachelors and PG Diploma and remaining after my PG diploma.
I have worked with a grass-root level NGO for a year before I did my PG Diploma. Afterwards, I worked with the State Government Department for 2 years. I was Monitoring the implementation of MGNREGA – a national scheme ensuring 100 days employment for the rural households.
Then I joined an International US Based NGO – TechnoServe (Charity Navigator rating of 90) and have been associated with it for last 2.5 years. I work as a Monitoring & Evaluation Expert.

Community and others
Attended several workshops, seminars and event like storytelling for evaluation, and similar within sector conferences.

Post MBA goals
The plan is stay back in Canada and join the workforce after being professionally equipped to do so.

Anything else?
I do provide advisory and Consultation services to other NGOs on freelance basis. I have till date done some 4-5 such assignments. Few of them are paid and few of them are Pro bono public.

Please review my profile
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhijeests13 wrote:

Education Information

Community and others

Post MBA goals

Anything else?

Hi Abhijeet,

Your work experience is interesting. Technoserve is a great organization to work for and is acknowledged well within the MBA community. One of our applicants from Technoserve got an admit into Tuck this year.

In your profile, there are a couple of factors I am worried about:
1. Your GMAT score is low for an Indian applicant. You also have a low GPA and together both these parameters don't add up too well. I will strongly recommend another shot at the GMAT. You have ample time before next season's applications to work upon it and bring it to a 700+.

2. Your career goals are vague. B-schools expect you to have a purpose in life. Although most b-school students explore new career opportunities when they join business schools, but the adcoms expect you to present specific career goals at the time you join their programs. So what do you intend to do once you graduate from business school? You will need a clear career plan which outlines the kind of companies you would work for, the role you will have and how you will grow? Also, your past work experience should have some relevance in your aspired career goals.

Work upon these aspects of your profile over the coming months. Also, explore other Canadian programs, not just Rotman. Some of the deadlines begin as early as April- May, so you will want to keep a track of these.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V23
GMAT 2: 570 Q42 V26
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
I have a question.
I am planning for a GMAT score of 700+
My undergraduate marks are low and CGPA is 6.5/10. I have three years of work experience in Supply Chain Management. Can anyone evaluate my profile and let me know my chances of getting an admission in Rotman

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
vikas001jha wrote:
I have a question.
I am planning for a GMAT score of 700+
My undergraduate marks are low and CGPA is 6.5/10. I have three years of work experience in Supply Chain Management. Can anyone evaluate my profile and let me know my chances of getting an admission in Rotman
Thanks for your question Vikas001jha-- it is hard to give you a firm answer here on just this information. Remember that the GMAT is just one piece of the puzzle-- if your undergrad marks are low-- it could help to have above avg GMAT scores. With an avg GMAT around 665, your target of 700 sounds like a good strategy to help mitigate the lower grades. The other VERY important part to keep in mind is that you also need to know WHY Rotman, and what you plan to do post MBA and how does Rotman help you get there. This is where an admissions counselor can help you and challenge you to really address this point. If you want to have a free profile review-- please reach out to us at this link https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile:

B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering from IIT ISM Dhanbad with CGPA (Absolute scale): 7.71,Final Year GPA: 7.69.
Topper of undergraduate 2nd year and got Director’s merit award. At the end of the curriculum ended within top 20% in a batch of 110.

GMAT: 770

Toefl: yet to appear

Work ex:
1. 3 years in Wipro Consulting as ENERGY,NATURAL GAS AND UTILITES in the capacity of Associate Consulting. Got several perfomance based award.

2. Gate 2017, Rank 2 in Petroleum engineering. Got into ONGC and working since past 6 motnhs as assistant engineer.

3. Summmer internship for 2 months with Halliburton Offshore Services ltd.

Extra academic achievments: CFA Level 1 passed. Did NCFM Modules related to investment banking. Will appear in CFA level 2 in June,18.
Paper published in international journel.
Paper presentation in OTC Malyasia.
Paper selection in multiple international conferences.

Extracurricular activities:
Active member and student co-ordinator for SPE Society chapter in college.
Part of Kartavya team, an NGO teaching underprivileged children for various subjects. I was maths and English teacher.
Miscellaneous activities in college as well as school.

Please kindly let me know, what I can do to boost my profile further.Also my post-MBA aspirations is getting into investment banking/consulting due to my interest in finance. What would be my chances post Rotman MBA.

Thanks in advance ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering from IIT ISM Dhanbad with CGPA (Absolute scale): 7.71,Final Year GPA: 7.69.
Topper of undergraduate 2nd year and got Director’s merit award. At the end of the curriculum ended within top 20% in a batch of 110.

Work ex:
1. 3 years in Wipro Consulting for ENERGY,NATURAL GAS AND UTILITES in the capacity of Associate Consulting. Got several perfomance based award.

2. Gate 2017, Rank 2 in Petroleum engineering. Got into ONGC and working since past 6 motnhs as assistant engineer.

Extra academic achievments: CFA Level 1 passed. Did NCFM Modules related to investment banking. Will appear in CFA level 2 in June,18.

Part of Kartavya team, an NGO teaching underprivileged children for various subjects. I was maths and English teacher.

Please kindly let me know, what I can do to boost my profile further.Also my post-MBA aspirations is getting into investment banking/consulting due to my interest in finance. What would be my chances post Rotman MBA.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
RanaGhosh wrote:
Hi All,

Work ex:
1. 3 years in Wipro Consulting for ENERGY,NATURAL GAS AND UTILITES in the capacity of Associate Consulting. Got several perfomance based award.

Thanks in advance.

The IIT and the 770 GMAT should get you an interview. I think you should flesh out exactly what you want to do post-MBA. Investment Banking and Consulting are two very different streams. Conveying to adcom that you are considering both may imply that you aren't very clear on your goals. Are you applying to the 2018 intake or the 2019 intake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.66
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hello members of GMAT Club.

I am CVSR Sandeep. I request you to evaluate my profile based on your knowledge and experience. Please ask me any questions for parts where you think you need an elaboration to evaluate my profile.

To start off, my GMAT Score is 710 with Q 49, V 38, IR 8 and AWA yet to be evaluated (I think it went well and I expect a minimum score of 5).

Demographic Profile:
32, Male, Indian

Education:
Under Graduation: in Civil Engineering from Pondicherry Engineering College with a 7.99 (/10) CGPA

Work experience:
Industry: Construction (mostly infrastructure)
Total Experience: > 10 years (129 months)

July 2007 to December 2010 with Larsen & Toubro Limited (Construction Division - India): 1 Promotion
• Graduate Engineer Trainee; later selected as Management Trainee through company’s internal selection system across various business units. Worked as Project Engineer at a major port construction site and at the regional office as a project coordinator for infrastructure projects.
• Engineer at a major road construction project handling sub-contractor billing, reconciliation, resource allocation and management, Management Information system - structuring of reporting system.
January 2011 to December 2014 with JMC Projects Limited (Mumbai, India): 1 Promotion
• Domestic Tendering developing novel costing models suiting to the diverse demographics of various parts of the country.
• International Business Development and Tendering including Market analysis of East African Nations’ infrastructure business (Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania) – including
o financial analysis (macroeconomic factors),
o currency analysis,
o world bank / IMR lending trends,
o competitor analysis with special focus on Chinese competitors
o local partnership viability
• Member of a cell formed to identify and develop critical areas of technical development in the company’s operational activities targeting cost reduction.
• Vital (and youngest) member in the team for Organizational Strategy (5 Yrs & 10 yrs) development plan
o Developed tools for internal SWOT analysis including value driver analysis
o Modified BCG matrix using parameters of construction industry to assist is capital and effort investment among various business units based on their performance and future prospects.
o Coordinated with MD, a couple of Executive Directors and Business Unit heads to strategize company’s future investments and business plans

January 2015 to Present (Construction Division – Middle East): 1 Promotion
• Worked as a member of Project Coordination and Control team at regional office looking into special initiatives covering operational optimization
• Associated with the Tendering and Business Development teams for prospects in East African Countries
• Associated with the Director’s office regarding presentations of L&T at various Indian and International business conferences; creative representation of data and achievements
• Currently working as a quantity surveying overlooking contract management and claim management at the first project with a major client from government of Dubai, UAE.

Extra Academic:
• Completed 3 Year Part-time MBA from Narsee Monji Institute of Management Studies while working for JMC Projects – Major: Operations, Minor: Finance
• Obtained certificated for exceptional academic performance.

Extra-Curricular:
• Founder member of Career Counselling and Guidance Cell established in engineering college by English Department to develop soft skills in batches up for placement every year.
• Acted as house captain in school
• Various participations and prizes in extracurricular activities including plays and competitions during school days

Hobbies:
• Photography and research in simplistic photo editing without expensive software
• Writing and composing (amateur) songs in telugu
• Avid reader of cricketing articles, interviews and narratives

Post-MBA, the fields that I am interested to be a part of are business strategy (of related industry), operations, and supply chain management. I have read (studied) the novel The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt and have been inspired by it. (Off the topi, I do recommend it to anyone who plan to have a career in Operations, even though it is an an old book.)

Please review my profile and let me know your feedback. What are my chances to get into Rotman? Based on my profile (and of course, my GMAT score) what other schools (in Canada or the US) would be my best bets?

PS: I am considering re-taking the test in a month's time. however the probability of a >740 score, in my opinion, is <20%.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Profile Eval Request

27 year old Indian male, currently living in Ohio, USA.

Academics / Educational Background
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering - Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - 3.1/4.0
Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering - Arizona State University, 3.5/4.0
GMAT Score - 760, Jan 2018
TOEFL - 112 , Jan 2018

Work Experience -
Primarily Automotive Work ex
2018 +Currently working as a Design Engineer at a Japanese OEM in Columbus, Ohio. Responsible for engineering design and supplier co-ordination of a critical automotive system. For reference, this is typically a mid career role ( Lvl 2/ lvl3 )
2015-2018- Mechanical engineer at a high growth motorsport firm in Arizona (~30% yoy). Responsible for product development and statistical data analysis. Yearly promotions. Strong management functions and C level exposure.

Extra Curricular :
Brother, Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity. Professionalism Chair for a semester a college. Several Outreach related activities as a fraternity brother.
Member, AIESEC in Manipal University - Projects with local NGO's

Short/Long term goals post MBA: Business / Strategy Associate role at a automotive startup or OEM

Schools - Here's where I need help. I do not think my profile is good enough to get me an M7 interview. Any suggestions for a top 20-30 program are widely appreciated. Also realistically considering Canada and Germany
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
gaurav0792 wrote:
Profile Eval Request

27 year old Indian male, currently living in Ohio, USA.

Academics / Educational Background
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering - Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - 3.1/4.0
Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering - Arizona State University, 3.5/4.0
GMAT Score - 760, Jan 2018
TOEFL - 112 , Jan 2018

Work Experience -
Primarily Automotive Work ex
2018 +Currently working as a Design Engineer at a Japanese OEM in Columbus, Ohio. Responsible for engineering design and supplier co-ordination of a critical automotive system. For reference, this is typically a mid career role ( Lvl 2/ lvl3 )
2015-2018- Mechanical engineer at a high growth motorsport firm in Arizona (~30% yoy). Responsible for product development and statistical data analysis. Yearly promotions. Strong management functions and C level exposure.

Extra Curricular :
Brother, Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity. Professionalism Chair for a semester a college. Several Outreach related activities as a fraternity brother.
Member, AIESEC in Manipal University - Projects with local NGO's

Short/Long term goals post MBA: Business / Strategy Associate role at a automotive startup or OEM

Schools - Here's where I need help. I do not think my profile is good enough to get me an M7 interview. Any suggestions for a top 20-30 program are widely appreciated. Also realistically considering Canada and Germany

M7 are tough but with the right strategy, you can crack them. Your work ex and score are right up there. My two cents!

Best,
S
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts