Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Preparation for Executive Assessment and GMAT at the same time [#permalink]
AjiteshArun wrote:
I haven't seen the EA prep, but if I were you I'd stick with official material (OGs) for questions. Your verbal (39) is excellent, but your quant clearly needs work. Think about possibly starting from the basics there.

Thanks a lot for reply! I am amazed by your GMAT score, fantastic! What is your advise on Math - OSg is a good source of questions, but is it good in explanation? I tried tests on these siite - found them quite challenging particularly for time limit
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Erjan_S wrote:
Thanks a lot for reply! I am amazed by your GMAT score, fantastic! What is your advise on Math - OSg is a good source of questions, but is it good in explanation? I tried tests on these siite - found them quite challenging particularly for time limit
Try some of the sites mentioned in this post and check if they could be useful for you. As for OG explanations, you can look for more detailed explanations here whenever you find an explanation in the OG lacking. And testing: you should ideally be focusing on official tests at this stage (with just over a month to go for your GMAT). There are 6 official tests: 2 Free GMATPreps, and 4 (2+2) tests from the exam packs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 277
Send PM
Erjan_S wrote:
Hi everyone! I am a bit under self-induced :) time pressure (wasted a lot of time, who cares:) as I am working on application MIT Sloan Fellows accepting EA with a deadline by December 5 and then I would like to try chances with a Stanford accepting GMAT only... Given that EA is similar to GMAT apart from being shorter and valuing IR at the same level as Verbal/Quantitative skills, I am thinking of the following plan - register for EA at the end of November (1 month to go :)), prepare for it/register for GMAT at the Dec 15-20 (trick is that GMAT is available in 20 days, whereas EA is available immediately). I already did GMAT in Jan 17 and scored only 36 in Quant (that is my biggest challenge, I am not doing particularly well under time pressure in quant), 39 in verbal and only 5 in IR (honestly not cared much about it, but will have to at EA test), AW was just 4.0 - I did not spend an hour preparing for it....
It seems like I should focus on quantitative part and IR. What you think of this plan?
Is GMAC official preparation course (costs just $35) good for EA preparation? What would you advise for intensive course for GMAT? Official GMAT? Or given my weakness in quants - Manhatan Math preparation? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hi Erjan,

I am in a similar situation as you were and was hoping you could share some advice. I am looking to apply for EMBA and just starting out my preparation for the EA and GMAT (possibly for programs that don't accept EA). In your experience would you study GMAT first and then EA or do the EA first and then GMAT ?

Look forward to your feedback,
Thanks
GMAT Club Bot