Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE:Operations (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
Did you guys receive the mail about scholarship application from M-R.N.? I wanted to drop an eye on the scholarship platform but I can't register.
Did you manage to register?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
I can't register either. I get an error message. Are you having the same problem SonofEburnia225
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
I’m also not being able to log in using my existing log in details..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
divya0002 wrote:
I’m also not being able to log in using my existing log in details..

Posted from my mobile device

Same for me, and the "forgot my password" feature has a technical problem (just sends me a blank email). I recommend everyone with issues reach out to the school so they'll know this is a systematic issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Nomad2461 wrote:
I can't register either. I get an error message. Are you having the same problem SonofEburnia225

divya0002
I wrote yesterday to M-R.N. via (the generic mailbox of finance officers) about this problem and she sent me my login details this morning. (Paris time)
It works now
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
Hi All - In preparation for the intensive scholarship application process, I'd narrowed down the ones I felt I had the best chance for. But now that the application is open, several of these are missing, like the Forte fellowship and the Connelly scholarship for women. Any ideas as to why the list is different?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Do you need to apply to Forte directly, not via INSEAD? I've never actually seen what you're looking at so I'm taking a guess here

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Dear all,

I have a question from everyone who has already submitted their application. Were your video essay questions among the questions that Farrell had posted? Or you had different questions?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
merlion wrote:
Hi All - In preparation for the intensive scholarship application process, I'd narrowed down the ones I felt I had the best chance for. But now that the application is open, several of these are missing, like the Forte fellowship and the Connelly scholarship for women. Any ideas as to why the list is different?

I had a similar issue, some scholarships were missing from my list. I sent an email to the lady (MRN) and she sorted it out in a few minutes (added it on presumably). I suggest trying the same, if not already
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
homaiooni wrote:
Dear all,

I have a question from everyone who has already submitted their application. Were your video essay questions among the questions that Farrell had posted? Or you had different questions?

Thanks

All of mine were in Farrell's list if that helps
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ZF wrote:
homaiooni wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks

All of mine were in Farrell's list if that helps
Yay good to hear

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
I botched my video interviews. Out of the four questions, I only nailed one of them. I really struggled in one of them and gave an incoherent, rambling response. And the other two, I wasn't as fluent as I could have been and struggled to find the right words.

How true is it that they don't disqualify people based on the video essays?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Which questions did you get? I think its hard to say. What do you mean when you say you botched? There are multiple ways to answer these questions

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
gy88 wrote:
tlc91 wrote:
Thanks! I'm based in London, although originally from Southeast Asia (not sure whether that plays any role)
just got my invite !

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
YAY!

I’m in the middle of interviews and scholarship essays now. So my plan of redoing my 690 gmat before final evaluation decision is not going too well and I’m concerned that’s going to get me waitlisted or rejected. Should I be concerned about my gmat during my final evaluation? I’m still looking at attempting it after I submit my scholarship essays/finish my last interview. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to squeeze an improved score in time.

And I can’t afford a waitlist due to pending deposit for another school.

average grades albeit a top 10-15 school in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
MBAdreamerMBA wrote:
Which questions did you get? I think its hard to say. What do you mean when you say you botched? There are multiple ways to answer these questions

One on "challenging goals I've set for myself for my year at INSEAD". The goals I had set suddenly didn't seem challenging enough and I think it might have been obvious I was clawing at things I could say to give a satisfactory response. Another on how "a decision I'd taken to work in corporate diversity had positively or negatively impacted me". This should have been a home run since I actually had a solid example, but my answer lacked structure.

We'll find out in June, I s'pose, but it'll be a bummer if all those weeks (including time spent on GMAT) I spent on the application boil down to my performance in those two minutes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
They will understand that answering the video interview comes with a good amount of nervousness. I would not be too worried at this point in time.
As long as you smiled a bit during the video time, and showed them your human side (it's human to not reproduce like a robot), I think these do not necessarily have to be show stoppers!
For now, take some time to let go, reflect and let us know when the verdict comes!

Which other 3 questions did you get actually?

nuclearbattery wrote:
MBAdreamerMBA wrote:

One on "challenging goals I've set for myself for my year at INSEAD". The goals I had set suddenly didn't seem challenging enough and I think it might have been obvious I was clawing at things I could say to give a satisfactory response. Another on how "a decision I'd taken to work in corporate diversity had positively or negatively impacted me". This should have been a home run since I actually had a solid example, but my answer lacked structure.

We'll find out in June, I s'pose, but it'll be a bummer if all those weeks (including time spent on GMAT) I spent on the application boil down to my performance in those two minutes.
Send PM
Expert Reply
nuclearbattery wrote:
I botched my video interviews. Out of the four questions, I only nailed one of them. I really struggled in one of them and gave an incoherent, rambling response. And the other two, I wasn't as fluent as I could have been and struggled to find the right words.

How true is it that they don't disqualify people based on the video essays?
I listened to an interview between a key member of the Adcom and a large admissions consulting firm. Adcom person did indeed say that it was only a means of fishing out applicants who they might have otherwise turned down.

It was criteria that would give them a reason to say yes; not a reason to say no. This might be a lie, but that is their story on paper.

Rather than pacing and ringing your hands,
channel that anxiety towards amping up your profile. This way, if you end up getting wait-listed you have a viable reason for submitting an update letter where I can help you make your case over again.

This means: amp up previous or current community service, retake the TOEFL, get a high-profile or international work project, get on the board of something, or if possible, get a promotion.

Getting a promotion at work is the best but the last person I helped get off the INSEAD waitlist...1 month before enrollment...only got promoted to Organizer for the local Soccer Club. So think broadly about leadership.

And of course if it doesn't end up working out you have more juicy stuff to report for round one US/UK apps if you choose to do that.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts