Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IMD '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]
pradhan127 wrote:
chaban wrote:
Just received an invite to the Assessment Day in Mumbai on 19th & 20th of May. Anyone else in the same boat?

Congrats! =) Same here. Want to form a https://gmatclub.com/chat group and exchange info?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

That's a good idea! I will make one right away. You can PM me your number
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]
ss18 wrote:
Just got done with my interview + case study. It was about 2 hours in all.

Happy to help anyone who has questions and queries.

Best,
S
awesome! Would certainly love to hear about your experience. Down to meet for a drink in Singapore ? Rather than typing it out ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ss18 wrote:

Best,
S

That's great. It would be wonderful if you could share your experience here like any particular focus area in the interview, case study topics.
Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pradhan127 wrote:
ss18 wrote:

Best,
S
awesome! Would certainly love to hear about your experience. Down to meet for a drink in Singapore ? Rather than typing it out ?

Absolutely! Let's connect over DM to figure the rest.

Best,
S
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chaban wrote:
ss18 wrote:

Best,
S

That's great. It would be wonderful if you could share your experience here like any particular focus area in the interview, case study topics.
Thanks in advance!

Typing it might take ages. Happy to connect over DM. We can meet if you're in Singapore and/or speak over the phone and I might be able to help you better.

Best,
S
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
R1 Offer got.
Background : 5+ engineering in Manufacturing
GMAT : 650 Q49 V31 ( So I'm sure IMD is judging from the whole package or saw my potential)

Schedule
- invitation received 20 days after R1 deadline
- assessment day about 1 month after invitation
- a case will be sent 3~4 days before assessment
- offer got 10 biz days after assessment day
- must decide and send back acceptance in another 10 biz days

Assessment day
- personal interview : schedule could be the day before or the morning of assessment day. casuals questions such as tell me about yourself, biggest achievement , why is that, what's the key factor to bring the success, how your friend, colleague, family would say about your quality/defect, how many hours you sleep everyday
- impromptu presentation preparation : 30 minutes to read a case + hand writing presentation (4 minutes) , hand writing ones will be collected but you can *****keep some drafts and read questions first before starting the case
- Snack time
- group discussion( ~2-3 hrs) for the case sent previously : open discussion firstly to share each own vision and host will pose some questions, challenges from time to time. **** don't be offended or aggressive, just take it as a study group where you just share your visions and challenge each other instead of attacking or winning over something. Remember you are a TEAM and you like everyone at this stage.
- Impromptu presentation : ****4 MINUTES !!!!! RESPECT IT. Some started with a time line for general introduction before heading into the analysis and conclusions. There is no fixed way but it's important to hit the points and show your analytical skills and logics of thinking within the time frame. Find your own style and the methodology that suits you. Don't let others presentations influence yours. But listen carefully if some points you can use. After everyone finished the turn, a group discussion led by host, he would pose some interesting and challenging questions, pointing out our missing puzzles or superficial understanding
- snack time + dinner time
- Mingling time before master class
- Master class
- Mingling time + snack time

It was a long heavy and rich day which I supposed to be every single day during the program.
At the same event, you ll see who you are and how you position yourself in this program; meeting future candidates and professors as well as the ambiance that this program develops.
If it wasn't for this experience, I would be still doubtful about myself and about the program.
There are some other candidates with different interview process ( individual Skype with case , in campus individuel interview only without case )

Welcome to send PM if you need more infirmation or you just want to meet me or you got offers.
Wish you all luck :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone else get a call for the assessment day scheduled in Mumbai? Wondering how different will it be from the one held at IMD Campus?!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IMD '17 (S)
Send PM
chaban wrote:
Did anyone else get a call for the assessment day scheduled in Mumbai? Wondering how different will it be from the one held at IMD Campus?!!

I only submitted my application on Monday. I believe candidates who have applied specifically for India Assessment Challenge will find out on 11th May

The sense I am getting from this forum is R2 candidates are also going to be joining for the assessment day in India. Is that correct?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
raunaqr wrote:
chaban wrote:

I only submitted my application on Monday. I believe candidates who have applied specifically for India Assessment Challenge will find out on 11th May

The sense I am getting from this forum is R2 candidates are also going to be joining for the assessment day in India. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted! Got a call from Paola (from the Admissions and Recruitment team). I think I shrieked on the phone and turned Paola temporarily deaf!

She asked me my feedback on the interview process and then gave me a detailed feedback on my candidature and performance -- by detailed I mean a full 10-minute feedback on my profile, interview, case assessment, behavioural assessment, energy, etc. I thought she was giving me feedback because it was a rejection but when she said: "and that's why we want to offer you a place.....", I shrieked and said OH MY GOD PAOLA! Thank you!!!

Happy to help anyone with questions.

Best,
S
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IMD '17 (S)
Send PM
Has anyone received any update / call for the Assessment Challenge in Mumbai?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Got a call for the India Assessment Day challenge. Anyone else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
Send PM
rohitakadisco28 wrote:
Got a call for the India Assessment Day challenge. Anyone else?
Me too! Any group in GMAT Prep for all the attendees?

Sent from my Pixel using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
Kudos
Guys,
The link for the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all the invitees to the MBA assessment challenge in Mumbai.

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/5fOXh6CqqNA9skBFR8KfrB

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
wajeed wrote:
Guys,
The link for the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all the invitees to the MBA assessment challenge in Mumbai.

https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/5fOXh6CqqNA9skBFR8KfrB

Thanks

Thank you Wajeed for the url :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
:thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
how much GMAT score is required ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts