Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q154 V162
GPA: 2.94
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GRE 1: Q154 V162
GPA: 2.94
Send PM
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
So just got the email from Charlene. My application has been sent to FGSR.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes? Also, are there any current students on this thread? If so please reach out. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Dear All
Can you please let me know if there is any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the 2018 intake. If any then I would like to join.
Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello everyone:

My application has been sent to FGSR (Charlene confirmed two days ago). I would like to be part of the https://gmatclub.com/chat or facebook group because I have some questions about the program.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GRE 1: Q159 V156
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Hey Everyone!

Received my admit to UAlberta a week ago. I'm in a pickle as I'm wrestling b/w UAlberta and McMasterU. I have a small scholarship from McMaster, but other than that the UAlberta MBA is better for me economically(especially since I'm an international applicant from India). Considering jobs, MacU is closer to Toronto but the jobs there are heavily contested since all the top schools are in the vicinity. The climate and student life are also becoming strong contestants in my decision making. However, I need help and I figured I'd seek it here. Can someone give me pointers to help me out?

Also, I haven't received any information about scholarships I have received/might receive from UAlb, but I need one. Anyone here who can point me in the right direction? I emailed Chris, but there's no response from him yet.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GRE 1: Q159 V156
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Hey Guys! I'm looking to connect with current students at UAlberta and maybe participate in a group with students who have admits from UAlberta. Any leads?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Madhav,

I would like to give my insight on your situation. I live in Winnipeg, CA. I have lived in Many countries before moving here, it's a small city compared to rest of cities in Canada. Small city means, low cost of living, affordable housing, low tuition fees; it all depends on you what you want. If you want to work in Big Corporations then go for Queens, McGill, Ivey or Rotman. There is no difference in quality of education but on networking and opportunities after graduation. Edmonton is a average city with average employers, which means less competition, eventually leading you to be comfortable being average. However, in cities for Instance Toronto; too much competition bring best out of you.You will have difficulties in the beginning after graduation but later on you will not regret it. If your plan is go back to India, UAlberta is perfect for you or you can apply to HEC Montreal as well. But if you want to stay in Canada, then go for the other ones. Life is not easy in Canada, specially for International Student, you will run out of money very soon if you don't plan things in Advance.
It's a huge investment, you don't want to end up paying loans for the rest of your life or in your 30s or 40s. It took me a while to figure out which school I want to apply (UAlberta one of them), British Columbia University is not bad too.
In Conclusion, choose University that best aligns with your goals. There is no difference in delivery of education but on location

MadhavNayak wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Received my admit to UAlberta a week ago. I'm in a pickle as I'm wrestling b/w UAlberta and McMasterU. I have a small scholarship from McMaster, but other than that the UAlberta MBA is better for me economically(especially since I'm an international applicant from India). Considering jobs, MacU is closer to Toronto but the jobs there are heavily contested since all the top schools are in the vicinity. The climate and student life are also becoming strong contestants in my decision making. However, I need help and I figured I'd seek it here. Can someone give me pointers to help me out?

Also, I haven't received any information about scholarships I have received/might receive from UAlb, but I need one. Anyone here who can point me in the right direction? I emailed Chris, but there's no response from him yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Please add me, if there is any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for 2018 Intake students of UofA.
Number: +91-9654997691(India)

Thanks,
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Alberta University Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Alberta University Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Alberta University Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Alberta University Forum to dive into all things related to Alberta University's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts