Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: MBS '21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: Jan 2019 Intake [#permalink]
myheartssay wrote:
bhargavhyd wrote:
mkhalifa wrote:
Hello everyone.

I recently got admitted to the RSM MBA program; RSM was my first choice. I visited the university a couple of years ago, the Admissions Manager Carrie arranged a full day visit there for me; I met students, attended a class, had lunch at the famous Maria's cafeteria, had a tour, met the staff. It was all very organized, and I was convinced then and there that this was the program for me. Also I've dealt with a few admissions departments, none are as responsive and as professional as the ones in RSM.

Despite the fact that I am still waiting for a response from another highly ranked program, I decided to accept RSM's offer, and already paid the registration deposit.

I want to connect with others who have been admitted to RSM, we could create a https://gmatclub.com/chat group and keep connected until the program start. Anyone?

I am in. I got admitted too. Yet to pay my confirmation fee :-)
Would you like to create the group? I can drop my num in the pvt. message

Regards
Bhargav
May I ask to both of you what's your score in GMAT? I'm planning to apply in RSM, but my highest GMAT is 600, and I'm not sure whether to take another test or not. Thanks a lot

Hi..

I am not sure about your profile and the geography you come from..
Btw- my score is 750

If you are from,
India and Asia- quiet difficult
EU- Can Manage
America- Definitely worth a try
Lat-Am- You will get it fr sure
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: Jan 2019 Intake [#permalink]
bhargavhyd wrote:
mkhalifa wrote:
Hello everyone.

I recently got admitted to the RSM MBA program; RSM was my first choice. I visited the university a couple of years ago, the Admissions Manager Carrie arranged a full day visit there for me; I met students, attended a class, had lunch at the famous Maria's cafeteria, had a tour, met the staff. It was all very organized, and I was convinced then and there that this was the program for me. Also I've dealt with a few admissions departments, none are as responsive and as professional as the ones in RSM.

Despite the fact that I am still waiting for a response from another highly ranked program, I decided to accept RSM's offer, and already paid the registration deposit.

I want to connect with others who have been admitted to RSM, we could create a https://gmatclub.com/chat group and keep connected until the program start. Anyone?

Hi..

Would you like to create the group? I can drop my num in the pvt. message :thumbup:

Regards
Bhargav

Please do. I'll create the group and add you.

Have you decided to accept the offer and join the program?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
myheartssay wrote:
bhargavhyd wrote:
mkhalifa wrote:
Hello everyone.

Hi..

Regards
Bhargav
May I ask to both of you what's your score in GMAT? I'm planning to apply in RSM, but my highest GMAT is 600, and I'm not sure whether to take another test or not. Thanks a lot

GMAT is just one factor in the decision, its not the be all end all. You can see from this thread and others that some candidates who score 700 and above, and still don't get accepted.

I had a very difficult and busy time at work this past year, so I couldn't devote as much time as I wanted/needed to for the GMAT. I did it once, and got 630 overall.

My profile in short is:
- 6 years of experience in HR in the higher education sector, all of it international experience(i.e outside my country of origin). 3.5 out of those 6 years were as an HR Manager.
- I'm from the middle east(though that much was probably obvious from my username :grin: )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mkhalifa wrote:
bhargavhyd wrote:
mkhalifa wrote:
Hello everyone.

Hi..

Would you like to create the group? I can drop my num in the pvt. message :thumbup:

Regards
Bhargav

Please do. I'll create the group and add you.

Have you decided to accept the offer and join the program?

Any other admits to the RSM program and want to join the group, drop me a PM with your number :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: MBS '21
Send PM
mkhalifa wrote:
myheartssay wrote:
bhargavhyd wrote:
[quote="mkhalifa"]Hello everyone.

Hi..

Regards
Bhargav

GMAT is just one factor in the decision, its not the be all end all. You can see from this thread and others that some candidates who score 700 and above, and still don't get accepted.

I had a very difficult and busy time at work this past year, so I couldn't devote as much time as I wanted/needed to for the GMAT. I did it once, and got 630 overall.

My profile in short is:
- 6 years of experience in HR in the higher education sector, all of it international experience(i.e outside my country of origin). 3.5 out of those 6 years were as an HR Manager.
- I'm from the middle east(though that much was probably obvious from my username :grin: )[/quote]Thank you, this kinda give me hope, to maybe take one last GMAT.
Since bhargav said his GMAT is 750 I almost give up to apply to top b-school and planned to just go for school that accept lower score.

Good luck to both of you for your new "life" in 2019
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hello Everyone
I applied in April and got an interview invite last week. My interview is with the director in Nairobi this Monday.
Any idea on the kind of questions that can be expected?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
mayank2810 wrote:
Hello Everyone
I applied in April and got an interview invite last week. My interview is with the director in Nairobi this Monday.
Any idea on the kind of questions that can be expected?

Congrats Mayank. Is it a face to face round?
We have some champions here on this page to help you out: Bharghav, mkhalifa
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
I received admittance as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone, congrats to those accepted.
I have a question regarding GMAT which I am planning to take in June.
I did 4 cats so far with a range 630-670 but I tend to underperform when stressed. I am from eastern europe with 3+ years in management consulting including MBB.
What do you think is a good enough score?

Sent from my H60-L04 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
ElaNatalia wrote:
Hello everyone, congrats to those accepted.
I have a question regarding GMAT which I am planning to take in June.
I did 4 cats so far with a range 630-670 but I tend to underperform when stressed. I am from eastern europe with 3+ years in management consulting including MBB.
What do you think is a good enough score?

Sent from my H60-L04 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hey,

Considering the fact that you are from eastern europe, a score around 650 will be good enough. Your work experience is on the lower side, but it is of great quality (MBB).
To compensate the low work exp, you can target 670.

You can practice more questions, or try reducing the time to help you perform better in stress.
And, your CAT scores are quite in line with the average score for RSM. All the best.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Kaushik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
bhargavhyd wrote:
mkhalifa wrote:
Hello everyone.

Hi..

Regards
Bhargav

Hey Bhargav, may I know how many students have been selected and in the group? I'm also from the Indian demographic and seeing the competitiveness just checking my chances.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,
I just got an admit. Is there any group for the ones who have been elected?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
mayank2810 wrote:
Hey guys,

Congrats! What all did they ask you in your interview?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
kratosrage wrote:
mayank2810 wrote:
Hey guys,

Congrats! What all did they ask you in your interview?

Hey,
Thanks !

My interview was extremely conversational. It revolved around my work profile and what I look forward to achieving post MBA.
Most of my questions revolved around my experience in dealing with people from different backgrounds and international work experience.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
bhargavhyd wrote:

Thank you chaban

They have given me exactly 4 weeks time i.e. 28-May is the last day for paying 5k Eur :roll: :roll:

I have admits to the other schools too, but any other school above RSM is so expensive that, I will have to sell or kill my self post-MBA to pay back the loan :? :?

I am also worried about the living expenses in Rotterdam :cry: :cry:

I am paranoid and confused :| :|

Congrats for your admit. bhargavhyd

You need to review the portal of the housing in RSM website. It will give all aspects you need about expenses. You need to dig deep to find the optimum cost for you. You will enjoy discounts in transportation as I remember.

If you want join management consulting, you need to be prepared from now. There are a lot of resources to be ready. Let's me know if you need assistance.

Also, Deloitte is most recruiter in RSM. I do not see high numbers from MBB. However, build your network from now through LinkedIn from different firms. ;)
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
mkhalifa wrote:

My profile in short is:
- I'm from the middle east(though that much was probably obvious from my username :grin: )

What is you goal after graduation? why did you choose RSM in first place?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
I just received an admit via Telephone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts