Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3130 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wisconsin (Madison) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
That's great. Maybe I will see you in Madison in the fall.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wisconsin (Madison) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
stonecold wrote:
Car09 wrote:
stonecold have you spoken with anyone on the specialization boards there about the situation or current department directors. If not I'd encourage you to do so.

Oh I have. The alumni network was absolutely Furious when they came to know about the plans that Admissions board had regarding scrapping there FT MBA. The alumni network played a huge role to save the program. Madison is a fabulous school. But the management is a pain in the keister.

It's true, I also felt angry when I applied in the early round, at the time they are attempting to close the program without noticing committed applicant.
But the alumni's fim attitude really give me the confident, and after that, I can see Madison showing some positive changes, which is good trend, and let's see what happen and wish to meet you in Madison.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone that applied in Round 3 hear back yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
Did anyone attend the On, Wisconsin weekend last week that could give their impression?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi all,

Is there any group chat for admitted applicants?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tantrannhat I believe there is a Facebook group that you can request access to. Worth reaching out to mba@wsb.wisc.edu to see if there are any other groups.
Alum
Send PM
arias wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Car09 wrote:
stonecold have you spoken with anyone on the specialization boards there about the situation or current department directors. If not I'd encourage you to do so.

Oh I have. The alumni network was absolutely Furious when they came to know about the plans that Admissions board had regarding scrapping there FT MBA. The alumni network played a huge role to save the program. Madison is a fabulous school. But the management is a pain in the keister.

It's true, I also felt angry when I applied in the early round, at the time they are attempting to close the program without noticing committed applicant.
But the alumni's fim attitude really give me the confident, and after that, I can see Madison showing some positive changes, which is good trend, and let's see what happen and wish to meet you in Madison.

While I hope that Madison regains its stature, I am not sure that will happen in reality.
This year, the employment stats at Madison were the worst in the decade. Its average compensation fell below every other school in the Top 50.

Employment % at graduation = 57%
Employment % at 3 months on graduation = 85%

Here is my analysis of all the Top 50 schools -
https://gmatclub.com/forum/employment-a ... l#p2049955
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stonecold any chance a rejection is driving this?
Alum
Send PM
Car09 wrote:
stonecold any chance a rejection is driving this?

Hi Car09,

First off, STOP insinuating on my admit/reject/waitlist.

Incase you didn't check my earlier posts in the same topic -> I REALLY LIKE the city of Madison which is what drew me towards UW-MADISON!
Its a great program(especially with the STEM accreditation) and I hope it recovers from the blunder of its management screw-ups.

Its teaching is still the same. Its excellent professors are still the same. And off course, the fabulous city of Madison is the same. Which are all the pros. But, when you have a 57% - 85% employment rate (at graduation and 3 months post graduation respectively) AND the management votes to freaking KILL the program - You cannot say that their are NO ISSUES.

The first step towards solving any problem is recognising that there is one. They can either decide to shy away from this or tackle it heads on.

Best
Stone
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stonecold it was unfair of me to speak about your status. I just was confused on your posting in the thread negatively after having other options at different schools. Sorry about the shot, it just felt a bit like an attack on my future school. I agree there needs to be some repairing of public opinion, but would urge applicants to ask the staff and faculty the hard questions themselves. Also, get in touch with current students in their 1st and 2nd year to get a gauge of the employment cycles. The Employment report shows 69% at graduation and 87% 3 months out. Having the Arts Administration portion makes the average salary, etc be lower, though I believe having this portion of students adds great value to the program.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Can someone elaborate what is the proposed closing of FT MBA at Madison all about? Can some1 give insider perspective on this (why it was proposed etc.).. and how likely is to resurface in future?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmat.taker I'm sure the admissions office would be willing to go into the details. On the question of whether or not it will resurface, I'm under the impression that it will not resurface. I spoke with a few Advisory Board members and directors and they are committed to strengthening corporate partnerships and the UW brand and did not support the proposal in any fashion. This will take time but I'm excited for what's to come.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,
Is there any group anywhere for people who are joining Madison? Is it the case that not many people are willing to join Madison this year?

Thanks,
VB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
Send PM
VB87 wrote:
Hi,
Is there any group anywhere for people who are joining Madison? Is it the case that not many people are willing to join Madison this year?

Thanks,
VB

There is a Wisconsin MBA Facebook group. It is a full class I believe - just not much activity on this site, especially this late in the game.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
kgfball88 wrote:
VB87 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
VB

There is a Wisconsin MBA Facebook group. It is a full class I believe - just not much activity on this site, especially this late in the game.

Thanks for the reply, a link to the group would be helpful. The group that I found is a close group requiring Wisconsin edu I’d to join.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
Send PM
VB87 wrote:
kgfball88 wrote:
VB87 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
VB

Thanks for the reply, a link to the group would be helpful. The group that I found is a close group requiring Wisconsin edu I’d to join.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

If you are going to Madison, you can request to join the closed Wisconsin MBA Class of 2020 Facebook group and the moderator will approve it - I did not require a .edu email address to join.
Alum
Send PM
Car09 wrote:
stonecold it was unfair of me to speak about your status. I just was confused on your posting in the thread negatively after having other options at different schools. Sorry about the shot, it just felt a bit like an attack on my future school. I agree there needs to be some repairing of public opinion, but would urge applicants to ask the staff and faculty the hard questions themselves. Also, get in touch with current students in their 1st and 2nd year to get a gauge of the employment cycles. The Employment report shows 69% at graduation and 87% 3 months out. Having the Arts Administration portion makes the average salary, etc be lower, though I believe having this portion of students adds great value to the program.

Posted from my mobile device

Its all good my friend. I will be attending another great program.
I just love the city of Madison. Maybe I will visit it during some career trek/recruitment.

P.S -> Looking forward to meeting you at a case competition as a rival (assuming you will be representing WSB) :twisted: :twisted:

Have fun in Madison and all the best for your MBA :cool: :thumbup:

Best,
Stone
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts