Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey guys. I need some help.

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.
I am wondering which one to choose.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.81
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
hiren2011 wrote:

I am admitted to other similar school - rankings, costs and industry presence - similar.

So, can you please tell me, in your opinion, why Tepper is a good choice or not? That is, what are it's strengths and weaknesses?

Have you attended any of the admitted student events?

It's hard to answer this question without really knowing about your specific goals, but if you're looking at Consulting, Finance or Tech, Tepper is a very competitive program, and is looked upon favorably by industry recruiters.

If you truly believe that all your options are pretty equal in outcomes, then go with the program that embodies a culture that closely aligns with you. You are the only person who can answer this, and I would suggest reaching out to alumni of each of these programs, gauging their responsiveness, and trying to spend some time with other admitted students.

The great thing about Tepper is that it is a small program, and provides for an intimate experience (I'm sure you know this already). Although its not on the coast, you'll find that most students end up there in any case, and have a high quality of life while students in Pittsburgh.

Again, if you believe that all these programs are pretty similar in your scoring rubric, then go with the program that makes you excited, makes you feel empowered and would make you feel like a proud graduate.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
PPTOMBA wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:

Have you attended any of the admitted student events?

It's hard to answer this question without really knowing about your specific goals, but if you're looking at Consulting, Finance or Tech, Tepper is a very competitive program, and is looked upon favorably by industry recruiters.

If you truly believe that all your options are pretty equal in outcomes, then go with the program that embodies a culture that closely aligns with you. You are the only person who can answer this, and I would suggest reaching out to alumni of each of these programs, gauging their responsiveness, and trying to spend some time with other admitted students.

The great thing about Tepper is that it is a small program, and provides for an intimate experience (I'm sure you know this already). Although its not on the coast, you'll find that most students end up there in any case, and have a high quality of life while students in Pittsburgh.

Again, if you believe that all these programs are pretty similar in your scoring rubric, then go with the program that makes you excited, makes you feel empowered and would make you feel like a proud graduate.

No I haven't attended any admitted weekend - can't as my project requires travel for long period of time at once on remote sites.
I totally understand where you are coming from and that 'fit' factor, gut feelings of connection should be most important in this case. And that is exactly why I put out this post.
Before, I go with my gut feelings, I just want to ensure that I am not missing any 'objective' point or others' experiences that can help me decide.
That is why I want to know what are the strengths and weaknesses of the school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Dear Admitted candidates,
Can you please share when is the basecamp for class commencing in Fall 2018 scheduled from?

When are you planning to travel to Pittsburgh?

I'm on waitlist and I'm hoping that it should converted to an admit. Can you please share what is the process once you get the admit. I've heard there's a separate portal with information for admitted students. Do we have to complete any coursework before joining the class?

For Indian candidates, how long does it take to get the I20 from the day of receiving the admit.

Regards
Kunal

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [2]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
MBA18to20 wrote:
Dear Admitted candidates,
Can you please share when is the basecamp for class commencing in Fall 2018 scheduled from?
-> Basecamp starting from August 6th

When are you planning to travel to Pittsburgh?
-> Most of the students will reach by August 1st-2nd

I'm on waitlist and I'm hoping that it should converted to an admit.
-> All the best man

Can you please share what is the process once you get the admit. I've heard there's a separate portal with information for admitted students. Do we have to complete any coursework before joining the class?
-> No course work is required. Some of the students have to join Quant class but that depends. Don't worry much about it.
Yes there is separate portal for Tepper students. You will get details once you get an admit :)

For Indian candidates, how long does it take to get the I20 from the day of receiving the admit.
-> You have to send your financial documents to univ .. once univ receives the documents the wait starts.... Right now turnout time is around 2- 3 weeks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Nikkb for reply.

Can you please share how much financial support do we have to show for getting the I20 document?
I know it's typically 01 year fee, but I wanted to know what is the first year fees for the class of MBA2020.

Thanks again.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBA18to20 wrote:

Can you please share how much financial support do we have to show for getting the I20 document?
I know it's typically 01 year fee, but I wanted to know what is the first year fees for the class of MBA2020.

Thanks again.

In the document they required before issuing I20, they ask to provide proof of funds to cover 1st year's expense. That amounts to almost $ 93k.
If you have a sponsor, they would want to know how you are going to fun 2nd year too. They say, total expenses are over $ 185 k.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
MBA18to20 wrote:

Thanks again.

In the document they required before issuing I20, they ask to provide proof of funds to cover 1st year's expense. That amounts to almost $ 93k.
If you have a sponsor, they would want to know how you are going to fun 2nd year too. They say, total expenses are over $ 185 k.

Thanks Hiren!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone get off the waitlist?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
rajeshthakkar wrote:

Hey rajeshthakkar ,

Nope, still waiting since R1. :-(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
rajeshthakkar wrote:

Anupama got into Mccombs and waitlisted for tepper... got converted during R3 results i think...

But i am not aware of her gmatclub id...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikkb wrote:
rajeshthakkar wrote:

Anupama got into Mccombs and waitlisted for tepper... got converted during R3 results i think...

But i am not aware of her gmatclub id...

Thanks for sharing the information!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
rajeshthakkar wrote:

Hey rajeshthakkar ,

Nope, still waiting since R1. :-(

I received an update last night. It's better luck next time!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Top Contributor
hiren2011 wrote:
MBA18to20 wrote:

Thanks again.

Please make sure correct tuition is quoted : https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba ... model.html

Aggregated cost of Tuition is $132,000 (2 years)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congratulations to all the admitted students!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Tepper Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Tepper Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Tepper Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Tepper Forum to dive into all things related to Tepper's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts