Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
I did, I am italian, based in the UK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
May we know your AO pls?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AO is AN
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
ClearAdmit Livewire saw the first ding from India. Dings are rolling out :/
Did anyone from India got invited yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nothing yet, looks like its over now. Good luck to all those who received the emails!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
another ding for an Indian with 740 gmat
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatinsead2018 wrote:
Yes very demoralizing that Indians seem to have to have a 760 and a 4.0, on top of the seller application, to get into a top business school these days. Sorry things didn't go your way.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Design (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Just received interview invitation.. Indian based in India
Send PM
Expert Reply
vish4u wrote:
Just received interview invitation.. Indian based in India
vish4u congrats. Can we get a bit about your profile and stats?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Oxford"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Sales (Health Care)
Send PM
I also was not selected for the next round. German with 680 GMAT score, (run out of time in the quant section), IR 7, 120 Toefl score, GPA 4.0, MSc in Genetics, PhD in Immunology. My work experience comprise 6 years (including PhD) as a researcher at the Max Planck Society (world leading research institute) and almost 3 years as sales and scientific support manager in the healthcare industry. As such I am quite successful. My three references (one by an academic co-worker, two by industry supervisors) also gave me glowing reviews.
Alas, I was a bit disappointed by the generic reply letter, since I would have liked to know whether e.g. my essays, or previous career was the reason for rejection. Nevertheless, it is INSEAD's loss in the end, not mine, since there are other business programs showing interest ;). I am not interested in going into consulting later on, but want to continue my career in the healthcare industry. In this sector INSEAD is known, but does not command the same respect as it might do in other industries, since most leadership personnel also hold a PhD or MD degree.

Originally posted by PhileasFogg on 13 Jun 2018, 22:54.
Last edited by PhileasFogg on 14 Jun 2018, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
PhileasFogg wrote:
I also was not selected for the next round. German with 680 GMAT score, (run out of time in the quant section), IR 7, 120 Toefl score, GPA 4.0, MSc in Genetics, PhD in Immunology. My work experience comprise 6 years (including PhD) as a researcher at the Max Planck Society (world leading research institute) and almost 3 years as sales and scientific support manager in the healthcare industry. As such I am quite successful. My three references (one by an academic co-worker, two by industry supervisors) also gave me glowing reviews.
Alas, I was a bit disappointed by the generic reply letter, since I would hace liked to know whether e.g. my essays, or previous career was the reason for rejection. Nevertheless, it is INSEAD's loss in the end, not mine, since there are other business programs showing interest ;). I am not interested in going into consulting later on, but want to continue my career in the healthcare industry. In this sector INSEAD is known, but does not command the same respect as it might do in other industries, since most leadership personnel also hold a PhD or MD degree.

Ah schade. Don't be disheartened Phileas. INSEAD's healthcare placement is pretty dismal, so like you mentioned, its their loss not yours.

May I know what other programs you applied to?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hi All,

Needed your help with the following:
- Does scholarship essays the admission chances negatively/positively?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
gmatinsead2018 wrote:
Yes very demoralizing that Indians seem to have to have a 760 and a 4.0, on top of the seller application, to get into a top business school these days. Sorry things didn't go your way.

:| :sad:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I don't understand why they ask you to fill out scholarship applications before you know if you've been admitted.

So you're invited to the interview and at the same time you get scholarship application requests.

So what if you spend 10 hours on the scholarship application, but rejected afterwards? I understand once you have an interview you're pretty much in, but there's still the possibility of being rejected
Send PM
Expert Reply
michaellee518 wrote:
I don't understand why they ask you to fill out scholarship applications before you know if you've been admitted.

So you're invited to the interview and at the same time you get scholarship application requests.

So what if you spend 10 hours on the scholarship application, but rejected afterwards? I understand once you have an interview you're pretty much in, but there's still the possibility of being rejected
ravi1608 and michaellee518
No bearing on admissions.
There is a big wall between these... and scholarships are only reviewed after admit decisions. Even though they ask you to complete forms so they can make decisions on scholarship ASAP upon admit
so they can make a compelling offer sooner, for the highly sought after candidates. Fill them out and prep for your interviews. Its not a shoe-in so do prepare.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 3
Send PM
Is anybody talking about R3 yet ><
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach

Hi! I've been following your posts constantly in the last 2 months through my INSEAD application process. Firstly, I'd like to thank you for posting so regularly and helping out applicants like me!

I applied to INSEAD in R3 and would appreciate your feedback on whether my profile stands a chance to be selected for the next round of interviews. Also, could you throw some light on possibilities of scholarships if selected in R3? Thank you!

My profile:

- GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38) [1st Attempt at GMAT - 650 (Q48, V31)]
- Undergrad GPA: 4.0
- Chartered Accountant with an All India Rank 15 out of 50,000 students [99% percentile]
- Nationality: Indian
- WE: 7 years
- International Experience: 18 months in Japan for work, visited over 10 countries for travel / work.
- WE Details: 2.5 years as a Financier (long term debt), 3 years at a Fortune 500 company as Business Finance partner (India & Japan), 1.5 years at a Non-Profit that works with Startups and helps them grow their business (Lead - Acceleration Program)
- Recommenders: Current manager (Indian), previous manager (Finnish, Director at a $1bn company), 3rd recommender (Founder of an NGO in India with 850 employees)
- Post MBA plan: To join a VC firm or a family office and invest in early stage start-ups.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts