Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ross '23 (A$)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey jomregan! I remember responding to your post on the board for Darden so I won't repeat all of that here other than to re-emphasize that getting your GMAT up will be even more important for Booth (where the average is about 10 points higher). Other suggestion is to check out all the resources Booth offers on entrepreneurship via the Polsky Center and lab based courses -- I'm told that entrepreneurship is now the top concentration for Booth students, so you should find a lot of interest there.

Good luck!
Kate

jomregan wrote:
Hi All, I am looking for a profile evaluation, below is a little bit about me. Please note that I do not plan on applying to an MBA program for a couple of years (2-3).

Background/Demographic: 22 year old male from US
GMAT: 700 (47-Q & 40-V)
Undergrad: Indiana University - Kelley School of Business. Major: Economic Consulting, GPA: 3.84
Experience: Just started working at Deloitte Consulting in project controller practice. Previously was a volunteer at the commodities futures trading commission
Extracurriculars: member of Phi Chi Theta Business Fraternity during undergrad, main community involvement has been with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Also, my main hobby is Jiu Jitsu. I have won a few local tournaments in Chicago, and help teach classes twice a week.
Other: International experience includes studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark
MBA goals: I aspire to start my own business, and hope that an MBA program will broaden my network as well as develop my leadership skill set.

Thanks!
Johnny
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 208
Send PM
Re: Booth Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Wow!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Nvm

Originally posted by gmatpercher on 18 Jun 2018, 15:46.
Last edited by gmatpercher on 29 Aug 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Kudos
Background/Demographic: Indian, 31, Female
Undergrad: Computer Engineer, 3.5/5 CGPA
Experience: 8 years (~4 years in US) working with clients on major projects in Derivatives, Credit Acquisitions, Credit Risk Modelling, Asset Management. Past Clients include world's largest Options Exchange, major Credit card company (think Visa, MasterCard, Discover), worked with 3 major Credit Bureaus in US for launching new Credit Risk Model for a client. Leading cross-geographical teams and recognized by Client for major product implementations.
Extracurriculars: organizing and winning major oratory competitions, Vice Chairperson for IEEE college chapter, working with kids in Chicago Public School and recording books for blind students. Active in Chicago-centric Instagram ecosystem with a profile highlighting Chicago.
GMAT – 650 - This was a trial attempt with hardly 2 weeks of prep. I'm planning to reappear again, should get 700+
Post MBA – short term (continue in Technology sector changing the job function to Program Management/Consulting); long term (build socially sustainable organization for supporting education of women & children from marginal societies)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hello apdt

Past scores look decent, and if you scored 650 with just 2 weeks of prep, you should aim for a 720+ and your profile will look strong holistically.
I say this because your work ex looks good, though it will help if you can showcase your career progress, key achievements and real business impact (not just technical) in these 8 years.
US experience will certainly be helpful (and will bring the much needed diversity missing in most Indian/IT profiles). Utilize your extracurricular too by displaying long term & serious involvement along with the positive impact you have had on your life/life of others.
Lastly, Career goals look organic. Need to bring out why an MBA is needed at this stage of your life (and why is it an absolute necessity).
To conclude with the exception of GMAT, your profile looks decent on stats (quantitative info given). Success will of course depend on how well you tie it up with 'qualitative' info (concealed in your post) in your written application.
Booth will look at Acads+Quality of Work Ex+Diversity+Career Goals & Fit to evaluate your candidature (You can read more here). If you can get a spike in 3 out of these 4 elements then you stand a chance. As mentioned, your Career Goals & Work Ex potentially can have a spike (depends on your essays finally). But Diversity & GMAT lack the spike. If you score above 720, you get a spike there and stand a fighting chance.
Should you feel the need to discuss your profile in detail, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

apdt wrote:
Background/Demographic: Indian, 31, Female
Undergrad: Computer Engineer, 3.5/5 CGPA
Experience: 8 years (~4 years in US) working with clients on major projects in Derivatives, Credit Acquisitions, Credit Risk Modelling, Asset Management. Past Clients include world's largest Options Exchange, major Credit card company (think Visa, MasterCard, Discover), worked with 3 major Credit Bureaus in US for launching new Credit Risk Model for a client. Leading cross-geographical teams and recognized by Client for major product implementations.
Extracurriculars: organizing and winning major oratory competitions, Vice Chairperson for IEEE college chapter, working with kids in Chicago Public School and recording books for blind students. Active in Chicago-centric Instagram ecosystem with a profile highlighting Chicago.
GMAT – 650 - This was a trial attempt with hardly 2 weeks of prep. I'm planning to reappear again, should get 700+
Post MBA – short term (continue in Technology sector changing the job function to Program Management/Consulting); long term (build socially sustainable organization for supporting education of women & children from marginal societies)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Thank you Varun,

Here are the details that you have pointed out have bee missing in my initial post.

Academic Potential: As I have mentioned, I am aiming for a 750+ (I have checked that the average at Booth is 723).

Quality of Work Experience: My job is a very people oriented job as I am a Corporate Banker in the front office (Relationship Management). it includes dealing with corporate clients with the focus on increasing asset base of the portfolio and minimizing infection through regular reviewing of the said portfolio. At the same time, focusing on industry developments that may affect customers’ needs for banking facilities and to enhance utilization of the respective facilities.

Post MBA Goals: Short term --> To advance further in my role as a Corporate Banker
Long Term --> 5 Years --> Lead a Corporate Banking Team in one region + Work as a mentor for students who want to pursue a career in finance or more specifically in Corporate Banking
10 Years --> Lead the Regional Corporate Banking Team + Teach Finance course(s) at a local university + Work as a mentor for students who want to pursue a career in finance or more specifically in Corporate Banking

Diversity: As I have mentioned before, I am a 28 year old Pakistani woman. Have been active as a Rotaractor for 4 years during my undergrad along with being the financial advisor for the SZABIST Social Sciences Society for academic year 2011 - 2012 as I was on the finance team of the SZABIST Student Council for the academic year. After that, worked as a volunteer for the education society of my community and led the female wing for one year as well. Also, attended a Young Leaders' Conference in 2011. This is an annual conference that can be attended by individuals between the ages of 18 and 25). As for hobbies, I write stories, I read, and I paint/draw.

Anything else that I should add here about myself?

Thank you.

oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello HinaTabassum

To assess chances for the likes of Booth, it would help to understand your key achievements at work and the business impact that you have had.
Booth will assess your candidature on Academic Potential, Quality of Work Ex, Post MBA Goals & Fit, Diversity
You will need a spike in most of the above to stand a good chance.
Coming to the first part, if you are aiming for a 750+ you get a spike in Academic Potential.
Even in diversity you might be able to score a bit, looking at your ethnicity, but bring out your differentiating factors such as extracurricular activities. Showcase how your peers will benefit from your presence.
Where work ex is concerned, you have mentioned the role/years but that is a quantitative measure of your work. What have you achieved? How have you positively impacted your business?
Lastly, the most important piece of the puzzle is missing- post MBA goals. What is your career plan and how will an MBA from Booth help? Is there a fit?
It will help assess your chances better with a holistic view of answers to these questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
Quora
LinkedIn
info@mbakarma.com

HinaTabassum wrote:
Hi,

This could turn out to be a disappointment but I am giving it a go anyway.

- 28 year Pakistani woman

- Got a BBA from Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology. Studied on scholarship for all four of the undergrad years. I ahve a CGPA of 3.4 and my major was Finance. Graduated in 2013

- Was a Rotaractor back in my university days and once even went for a Polio drive

- Was part of various other societies back in my university days

- Started my first job in 2013. The first six months were training and then was posted in Corporate Banking front office. Previously was a Relationship Associate. Now I am an Assistant Relationship Manager.

- For one year, headed the female wing of my community's education society

- Handled Finance for Young Women Writer's Forum for more than half a year

- Plan to sit the GMAT exam in November so that I can apply in Round 2 for B Schools. I am aiming for a 750 at least.

Anything else that I should mention here?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hello HinaTabassum

Thanks for the detailed answer. Please see my replies in-line in Green.
Let me know if you have further questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

HinaTabassum wrote:
Thank you Varun,

Here are the details that you have pointed out have bee missing in my initial post.

Academic Potential: As I have mentioned, I am aiming for a 750+ (I have checked that the average at Booth is 723).
750+ will surely help. But consider this as your passport- it is needed but will not guarantee an entry :-) You could read more on the anatomy of a successful profile here

Quality of Work Experience: My job is a very people oriented job as I am a Corporate Banker in the front office (Relationship Management). it includes dealing with corporate clients with the focus on increasing asset base of the portfolio and minimizing infection through regular reviewing of the said portfolio. At the same time, focusing on industry developments that may affect customers’ needs for banking facilities and to enhance utilization of the respective facilities.
Your work is interesting and since you are involved in the business side of things (rather than technical) you should use that to your advantage. You've very well explained your role, but the lkes of Booth would want to know how has your career progress been? What are your key achievements? (PS- Awards & Promotions are not achievements. They are results. How have you impacted the business of your organization positively?

Post MBA Goals: Short term --> To advance further in my role as a Corporate Banker
Long Term --> 5 Years --> Lead a Corporate Banking Team in one region + Work as a mentor for students who want to pursue a career in finance or more specifically in Corporate Banking
10 Years --> Lead the Regional Corporate Banking Team + Teach Finance course(s) at a local university + Work as a mentor for students who want to pursue a career in finance or more specifically in Corporate Banking
It is good to know that you have given your goals a thought and have broken it down into long term and short term. However, and I ask this since you are already in corporate banking, why can't you progress on this path without an MBA. Why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach your destination? Especially why an MBA from Booth? You don't need to give me an answer necessarily, but compelling answers to these will be required to ensure an admit. Your could add to your research by reading this article

Diversity: As I have mentioned before, I am a 28 year old Pakistani woman. Have been active as a Rotaractor for 4 years during my undergrad along with being the financial advisor for the SZABIST Social Sciences Society for academic year 2011 - 2012 as I was on the finance team of the SZABIST Student Council for the academic year. After that, worked as a volunteer for the education society of my community and led the female wing for one year as well. Also, attended a Young Leaders' Conference in 2011. This is an annual conference that can be attended by individuals between the ages of 18 and 25). As for hobbies, I write stories, I read, and I paint/draw.
Diversity comes from- Industry, Geography, Role, Achievements and Extracurricular. So your geography/ethnicity (as mentioned earlier too) will add some brownie points. Other activities look good on paper, but more than a laundry list a good extracurricular is something that showcases Long Term & Serious Involvement, a positive impact on your life and/or the life of others. In short for anything that your are involved in bring out how has it made you a better person/professional/candidate.

Anything else that I should add here about myself?
Booth (like all top B School) is interested to know you as a person and not stats. Your profile will be evaluated holistically on Acads+Quality of Work+CareerGoals+Diversity+Fit with Booth. You have touched upon all these factors (except maybe Fit with Booth). The final outcome will depend on how well you tie all this up in your written applications to bring out yourself as a person.
Should you feel the need to discuss this further, give me a holler.

Thank you.

oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello HinaTabassum

To assess chances for the likes of Booth, it would help to understand your key achievements at work and the business impact that you have had.
Booth will assess your candidature on Academic Potential, Quality of Work Ex, Post MBA Goals & Fit, Diversity
You will need a spike in most of the above to stand a good chance.
Coming to the first part, if you are aiming for a 750+ you get a spike in Academic Potential.
Even in diversity you might be able to score a bit, looking at your ethnicity, but bring out your differentiating factors such as extracurricular activities. Showcase how your peers will benefit from your presence.
Where work ex is concerned, you have mentioned the role/years but that is a quantitative measure of your work. What have you achieved? How have you positively impacted your business?
Lastly, the most important piece of the puzzle is missing- post MBA goals. What is your career plan and how will an MBA from Booth help? Is there a fit?
It will help assess your chances better with a holistic view of answers to these questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
Quora
LinkedIn
info@mbakarma.com

HinaTabassum wrote:
Hi,

This could turn out to be a disappointment but I am giving it a go anyway.

- 28 year Pakistani woman

- Got a BBA from Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology. Studied on scholarship for all four of the undergrad years. I ahve a CGPA of 3.4 and my major was Finance. Graduated in 2013

- Was a Rotaractor back in my university days and once even went for a Polio drive

- Was part of various other societies back in my university days

- Started my first job in 2013. The first six months were training and then was posted in Corporate Banking front office. Previously was a Relationship Associate. Now I am an Assistant Relationship Manager.

- For one year, headed the female wing of my community's education society

- Handled Finance for Young Women Writer's Forum for more than half a year

- Plan to sit the GMAT exam in November so that I can apply in Round 2 for B Schools. I am aiming for a 750 at least.

Anything else that I should mention here?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jomregan wrote:
Hi All, I am looking for a profile evaluation, below is a little bit about me. Please note that I do not plan on applying to an MBA program for a couple of years (2-3).

Background/Demographic: 22 year old male from US
GMAT: 700 (47-Q & 40-V)
Undergrad: Indiana University - Kelley School of Business. Major: Economic Consulting, GPA: 3.84
Experience: Just started working at Deloitte Consulting in project controller practice. Previously was a volunteer at the commodities futures trading commission
Extracurriculars: member of Phi Chi Theta Business Fraternity during undergrad, main community involvement has been with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Also, my main hobby is Jiu Jitsu. I have won a few local tournaments in Chicago, and help teach classes twice a week.
Other: International experience includes studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark
MBA goals: I aspire to start my own business, and hope that an MBA program will broaden my network as well as develop my leadership skill set.

Thanks!
Johnny

Hello Johnny, nice profile. Since you still have some time and intend to work for a while, I'll advice that you consider augmenting your GMAT score.
700 is great but with a higher GMAT score you can improve your chances of getting into just about any business school since you already have a strong profile.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone I'm hoping to get an honest MBA evaluation profile

Nationality: Russia
GMAT: currently studying, aiming for 700+
Undergrad: Law, top 20 school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
Master's degree: LLM from USC school of law (USA)
Current work ex: 5 Year
1. worked in a big law firm
2. Now, The head of the legal department
Extra Curriculars:
Co-founder of the first American football team, in which played as a linebacker
Short term goal: switch my career to I-banking and focus on M&A

Thank you guys in advance. I am looking forward to getting your feedbacks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Romikus121 wrote:

Extra Curriculars:

Hi Romikus121

It will help to indicate your preferred Business Schools, as the standards and requirements for each school varies.

Hi All, I am looking for a profile evaluation, below is a little bit about me. I am planning to go for 2021 Class.

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730
Undergrad: B.Tech in Computer Science from NIT
Undergraduate GPA: 4
Masters: MTech In Information Security from NIT
Masters GPA: 4
Current work ex: 2 Years (3 by matriculation)
Work: I work in DELL as a Software Engineer. I have been working on Decision Science projects to determine business strategies.

Extra Curriculars:
have played Badminton till National Level (2009).
have been a state level marathon runner.
Have been a part of Rotaract, which is a youth wing of rotary, for past 5 years. As a club member, I was responsible for teaching kids basic math and making them understand the importance of sanitation and clean drinking water. I, personally, worked to educated women on domestic violence.
Strong advocates against domestic violence.

MBA goals:I aspire to gain more exposure and be competent enough to bridge the gap between technical teams and business so that both the parties can perform better towards a unified goal. I also aspire to expand my network so as to be able to help and inspire women not only around me but also everywhere to be able to deal with domestic violence and patriarchy.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Hello MRaut

Any good B-School will evaluate your profile holistically based on admission factors mentioned here.
1. Acads- Past scores look good and GMAT is decent too (not stellar as Indians are generally expected to score high)- but it ticks the box.
2. Quality of Work Ex- More than role & industry, you should mention the career progression and key achievements. Especially since your work ex is on the lower side in terms of years, you will be expected to show higher level of maturity and business impact on your organization.
3. Diversity- Indian. IT. That is bad news for diversity (being truthful here). However, diversity comes in many forms- extracurricular being one. The activities mentioned look interesting. If you can showcase the real stories behind them and show a positive impact on your life or life of others, these activities can add brownie points to your profile.
4. Career Goals- By far the most critical piece of the admissions puzzle. I understand you need an MBA to add business skills to your existing technical ones. However, a B-School will expect you to be a little more specific here. What sort of roles are you targeting? Why is an MBA an absolute necessity to your long term/short term goals. More specifically in your case- Why MBA now and not a couple of years later after having gained some more experience? Your could supplement your research on career goals here
All said and done you will need a 'spike' on 3 out of the above mentioned 4 factors. I see a spike in Acads an 'maybe' in Diversity (that is a big maybe, since you already belong to an over-represented pool of applicants and will face a lot of competition/comparison internally).
If you can get another spike in Work Ex (accomplishments) and Career Goals (more researched, focused and fit for the schools) you might stand a fighting chance.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

MRaut wrote:
Hi All, I am looking for a profile evaluation, below is a little bit about me. I am planning to go for 2021 Class.

Work: I work in DELL as a Software Engineer. I have been working on Decision Science projects to determine business strategies.

Extra Curriculars:
Have been a part of Rotaract, which is a youth wing of rotary, for past 5 years. As a club member, I was responsible for teaching kids basic math and making them understand the importance of sanitation and clean drinking water. I, personally, worked to educated women on domestic violence.

MBA goals:I aspire to gain more exposure and be competent enough to bridge the gap between technical teams and business so that both the parties can perform better towards a unified goal. I also aspire to expand my network so as to be able to help and inspire women not only around me but also everywhere to be able to deal with domestic violence and patriarchy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MrJglass wrote:
Romikus121 wrote:

Extra Curriculars:

Hi Romikus121

It will help to indicate your preferred Business Schools, as the standards and requirements for each school varies.

Booth, Duke, NYU, Cornell, Columbia, Yale, Wharton.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
MRaut,

Great to hear from you - you have some interesting aspects to your profile: Good academic background. Good GMAT (though as an Indian applicant, you will need a higher score to target top 10 schools). Decent EC's as well.

The caveat here is that you seem to be on the lower side of the experience curve. While that is not a disadvantage in and by itself, it will only mean that you need some solid leadership stories in your background in order to be considered favorably for admission - this year.

Feel free to set up a profile evaluation with us using the link below, and we can chat more.

Best,
Karthik

MRaut wrote:

Extra Curriculars:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Romikus,

On paper you have an interesting profile. If you are able to get a 730+, you should be able to target a top 10 program. I'm assuming you have a fair number of leadership stories in your background. I'm also assuming your past work is related to your interest in M&A. If either or both of these are not true, then you might have to target a few lower ranked schools.

Regards,
Karthik

Romikus121 wrote:

Extra Curriculars:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile.
Have written the GMAT once in June 2018.
My GMAT score:740 (Q50 V40 AWA 4 IR3)

Academics:
Graduation in Civil Engineering. GPA of 7.96/10
10th : 92.4 %
12th: 81.2%

I am 25 years male from India.
I am working in State bank of India (Ranked 277 in Fortune 500, Ranked 55 in list of banks in terms of asset size) as Deputy Manager in area of Commercial lending, documentary credit and foreign exchange. I am currently handling credit exposure portfolio of approx Rs. 250 Crs (USD 38 Million) for the bank. Besides I also have exposure in the field of Rural developmental banking and have worked in Rural-Semi Urban areas in India particularly dealing in agricultural credit and developmental schemes.
I have 3.5 years working experience with SBI (my only employer) and in this period I have got one promotion and consistently been rated AAA(highest) in my annual appraisals.
I have worked on lending in various sectors like manufacturing (papers industry, textile industry, food processing industry etc) as well as trading sectors. Along with this I handle entire Foreign Exchange business of Category B branch (Highest level in standalone level) in FOREX.
I have also completed 6 certifications from NISM_SEBI in field of Currency derivatives, equity derivatives, interest derivatives, Investment adviser, Security markets as well as 5 different certifications from IIBF pertaining to commercial lending, AML_KYC, Documentary Credit, Foreign Exchange, SME etc.
I am currently undergoing Certification in commercial credit from Moody's Analytics which is slated to be completed by end of July 2018.
I Will be appearing CFA Level 1 in december 2018.

In graduation college I was treasurer of college technical body and was active member of college NGO (which dealt in providing free education to children belonging to poor community around college campus).

What are the chances for Round 1 this year considering finance will be my main concentraion?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Kishlay
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kishlaykirty,

Overall you have a solid profile, especially on the work experience side (with promotion, top performance, and cross-sector experience) and academically too with CFA and a great GMAT and strong GPA. Schools will consider which school you attended too, so if not a top school in India, then that may have an impact. GMAT of 740 is above Booth's average, though not much above the typical score of most Indian applicants to Booth. So since you just took it, you could give it one more shot and see if you can get 750 or higher. That would help at very top schools in the US like Booth.

Obviously there is a lot Booth can offer you from a finance perspective, but through the essays, you also need to show what you offer Booth! To that end, have you had any international exposure? Are you involved in any community activities now? What are you passionate about outside of work? You need to show you will contribute something "extra" to Booth beyond just a successful career and academics.

Hope this helps!
Kate

kishlaykirty wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile.
Have written the GMAT once in June 2018.
My GMAT score:740 (Q50 V40 AWA 4 IR3)

Academics:
Graduation in Civil Engineering. GPA of 7.96/10
10th : 92.4 %
12th: 81.2%

I am 25 years male from India.
I am working in State bank of India (Ranked 277 in Fortune 500, Ranked 55 in list of banks in terms of asset size) as Deputy Manager in area of Commercial lending, documentary credit and foreign exchange. I am currently handling credit exposure portfolio of approx Rs. 250 Crs (USD 38 Million) for the bank. Besides I also have exposure in the field of Rural developmental banking and have worked in Rural-Semi Urban areas in India particularly dealing in agricultural credit and developmental schemes.
I have 3.5 years working experience with SBI (my only employer) and in this period I have got one promotion and consistently been rated AAA(highest) in my annual appraisals.
I have worked on lending in various sectors like manufacturing (papers industry, textile industry, food processing industry etc) as well as trading sectors. Along with this I handle entire Foreign Exchange business of Category B branch (Highest level in standalone level) in FOREX.
I have also completed 6 certifications from NISM_SEBI in field of Currency derivatives, equity derivatives, interest derivatives, Investment adviser, Security markets as well as 5 different certifications from IIBF pertaining to commercial lending, AML_KYC, Documentary Credit, Foreign Exchange, SME etc.
I am currently undergoing Certification in commercial credit from Moody's Analytics which is slated to be completed by end of July 2018.
I Will be appearing CFA Level 1 in december 2018.

In graduation college I was treasurer of college technical body and was active member of college NGO (which dealt in providing free education to children belonging to poor community around college campus).

What are the chances for Round 1 this year considering finance will be my main concentraion?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Kishlay
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts