Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [1]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q168 V166
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 208
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Going through these profiles, I had a glimpse of what it means when said that "HBS selection process is really tough".
A whole lot of bright minds and you can't just accept all of them.
Wow! Great job guys, I'm proud of you all and I hope you all make it through.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Nvm

Originally posted by gmatpercher on 18 Jun 2018, 15:45.
Last edited by gmatpercher on 29 Aug 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
JohnAHD wrote:
Hello guys! I would love your input:

- 27 Male, Venezuelan-Syrian. First generation college student.
- GMAT: 740 (Should I retake? I got 760 twice before the actual test :( )
- GPA: 3.85/5 Industrial Engineering in top engineering school in Venezuela ( :thumbdown: i know, due to a combination of vocational, political and family obstacles), earned a fellowship to exchange for a year in France.
Graduate Diplomas on Marketing ("approved" - not scored)
Diploma on Financial Management (3.8)
WE:
1)2y9mo (at matriculation) in Market Strategy roles in Top 3 global Risk Consulting and Broking company. [over]worked 4 roles at the same time, 2 promotions; led and managed projects of large impact, and intl exposure. (Venezuela)
2)1y1mo in P&G in Market Strategy and Planning as mostly full-time intern (used the time during which my school was on strike due to socio-political instability), awarded a 5/5 score. Rejected offer in R&D (only available post) due to vocational objectives. (Venezuela)
3)6mo internship in Client Strategy at French multinational in its headquarters (Paris)
EC and awards:
- 1yr Job at an NGO (after office, weekdays) for human rights and international activism regarding Venezuela´s situation. Part of the team who organized the largest unofficial referendum in history.
- 3yrs attended,+ 2 years led my schools team for Harvard´s Model UN in Boston. The two years I led it, we obtained large delegation awards, positioning my team above even Ivy Leagues and schools with more experience, resources and recognition.
- Volunteered in the rural indigenous area of Venezuela for diagnosis and solution of health and nutrition problems of these communities (2w)
- Languages: Spanish, English, French, Arab.
- Other (less relevant): Placed 41/9000+ and 47/6000+ honor roll for admission tests in college; University and municipality recognition for international representation of the country, participated in two other leadership conferences, nominated for best subject final essay by teacher. Traveled to 25 countries and twice as many cities abroad
Goal: Transition into strategy consulting to apply the macro business perspective I´ve been wanting to develop. Long term: Rebuild my country from the private sector as a regional corporate leader/entrepreneur.

Do you think I´ve got a shot? Planning to apply in round 1 this year.

Hi John AHD! I do think you have a shot. HBS evaluates candidates holistically, and you have a lot of compelling elements in your profile that make you an attractive candidate. Unique perspectives are important to Harvard, as is a habit of leadership and I think you provide both. Regarding your GPA, yes, it's on the low side, but use the optional mini-essay/short answer (the one that says "Additional Information") to explain the circumstances in a brief, matter-of-fact way and they'll understand. Your GMAT will also help reassure them; a 740 is a good score. I don't think you need to retake it, but it depends on whether you feel like you left some points on the table last time (it sounds like you might). Normally, improvements in score once you've posted a 730+ are really difficult to do, so don't beat yourself up if you decide to retake the test and don't manage to score higher. It might be worth a shot, however, because a higher score might also help you with MBB recruiting - they do look closely at GMATs and GPAs when screening resumes, so a 760 could give you an extra edge for getting interviews and help again to counter a low GPA (though again, I think if the screener is aware of the situation you faced, they'd overlook that).

Of course, you'll need to execute well on all the elements of the application. Take the time to dig deep and reflect on your motivations before tackling it. Even the short answers should be considered "mini essays" so don't just dash them off quickly. There's only one main essay, so make it count. The question asks for something that is actually quite specific - what more should they know about you? This is a personal answer that will vary depending on the candidate, but consider what the rest of your application is saying and then use the essay to add the piece that's missing. That's a bit hard to discuss in this kind of forum, but if you want to chat a bit more in depth about this or ask more specific questions about your profile or strategy, you can book a free consultation with one of us at mbaMission via our web site. Happy to help if I can.

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 208
Send PM
Kudos
JohnAHD wrote:

- GMAT: 740 (Should I retake? I got 760 twice before the actual test :( )
- GPA: 3.85/5 Industrial Engineering in top engineering school in Venezuela ( :thumbdown: i know, due to a combination of vocational, political and family obstacles), earned a fellowship to exchange for a year in France.
WE:
1)2y9mo (at matriculation) in Market Strategy roles in Top 3 global Risk Consulting and Broking company. [over]worked 4 roles at the same time, 2 promotions; led and managed projects of large impact, and intl exposure. (Venezuela)
2)1y1mo in P&G in Market Strategy and Planning as mostly full-time intern (used the time during which my school was on strike due to socio-political instability), awarded a 5/5 score. Rejected offer in R&D (only available post) due to vocational objectives. (Venezuela)
3)6mo internship in Client Strategy at French multinational in its headquarters (Paris)
EC and awards:
- 1yr Job at an NGO (after office, weekdays) for human rights and international activism regarding Venezuela´s situation. Part of the team who organized the largest unofficial referendum in history.
- 3yrs attended,+ 2 years led my schools team for Harvard´s Model UN in Boston. The two years I led it, we obtained large delegation awards, positioning my team above even Ivy Leagues and schools with more experience, resources and recognition.
- Volunteered in the rural indigenous area of Venezuela for diagnosis and solution of health and nutrition problems of these communities (2w)
- Other (less relevant): Placed 41/9000+ and 47/6000+ honor roll for admission tests in college; University and municipality recognition for international representation of the country, participated in two other leadership conferences, nominated for best subject final essay by teacher. Traveled to 25 countries and twice as many cities abroad
Goal: Transition into strategy consulting to apply the macro business perspective I´ve been wanting to develop. Long term: Rebuild my country from the private sector as a regional corporate leader/entrepreneur.

Incredible profile, I think you should give it a go.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello,

Would really love your input. I am really focused in going to Harvard/Stanford/Wharton. Please advise regarding my chances here. Please suggest other schools might be more practical if HSW are a reach.

Undergrad- The Ohio State University
GPA - 3.3
Major- Double Major - Finance/Accounting
Minor- Economics
Age- 26
WE- 4.5 years

Jobs held-
1 year Big 4 Valuation (Ernst & Young)
6 months Duff & Phelps Valuation (New York)
3 years Investment Banking- M&A in Tech and Media (New York)
Current Job- Manager in Corporate FP&A- M&A Special Projects team. (This is an elite team at the firm where I have significant responsibility impacting major decisions of the firm)

GMAT- 770
CFA- Taking Level 1 in December. Level 2 next year.

Volunteer & EC-
Founder & President of a top business organization at The Ohio State University (Won the Outstanding New Student Organization award in 2013)
One of the Advisers in a Finance Scholars organization, a renowned club that helps students learn finance
Big Brother (Big Brother Big Sister)

Please advise
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sugarii wrote:
Hi all, a bit late to the party, please rate my chances. I took the GRE but would it be valuable to consider GMAT as well?

Background and nationality: Female, 26, Asian Canadian
Undergrad Information: 3.7 GPA, Top Canadian Business Undergrad
GRE: 334 (166V/168Q)
Work experience and leadership: Corporate strategy manager in large publicly traded manufacturing company, running strategy development for aerospace and energy industries. Formerly Canadian venture capital, boutique management consulting. Also ran a tech startup that ultimately failed. Not sure how to position the various, disparate experiences, any advice welcome.
Post MBA goals: MBB consulting to start, then tech strategy ideally.
Community/others: Director at a charity at an education foundation to support girls in tech. I rock climb, box, HIIT.

Hi Sugarii, you have a great profile, so Harvard is definitely worth a shot (and no you don't need to take the GMAT with your solid GRE scores; HBS is fine with the GRE). I believe we've already talked in a consultation, so I won't repeat those details here. I'll just say for the benefit of anyone else reading that the open-ended HBS essay offers an opportunity to unite seemingly disparate experiences along a particular theme or journey. What's important is that you reflect and demonstrate what you've learned from those experiences that will take you where you're going next.

Good luck with your application and let me know if I can be of any further help!

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatpercher wrote:
Background: 26 year old white American
Education: 3.56 at a top 20 American University with a semester spent abroad in London
GMAT: 720 with a skew towards verbal
Work Experience: After college I worked 2 years with a leading market research firm doing research and evaluation on new product launches for CPG companies. I then made a shift and spent two years doing brand marketing at a top food company with budget management and P&L exposure.
Community: Volunteer at a local children's hospital once a week

Hi, gmatpercher! Thanks for posting. As mentioned elsewhere, the admissions committee will evaluate your profile holistically. You have some elements that will definitely get you a closer look. I'm especially interested in your brand marketing experience with P&L exposure; that's a great thing to have pre-MBA, and not necessarily heavily represented in the applicant pool these days. I think the key things to demonstrate will be impact and leadership along with your experience (which hopefully will be backed up by strong recommendations). Take the time to dig deep and reflect on who you are and where you're going, too; reflection is important.

I do, however, think it's a safe bet to round out your target list with some additional schools beyond Harvard, though. Around 70% of HBS's application pool is qualified enough to be admitted; the committee often has to make tough choices. As for which schools to add, that depends on you! What's your goal post-MBA? Will you be going back to a brand management role of some kind? You want to apply to schools that will help get you where you're going, but do make a list that includes programs along a range of selectivity. Your list should include a reach or two, a few where you're comfortably "within range" and a couple of safety schools.

Please book a consultation with one of us at mbaMission.com if you'd like to discuss your specific circumstances in more detail, ask questions, or chat about some great schools you might add to your list. We'd be happy to help if we can!

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

Originally posted by mbaMissionJA on 28 Jun 2018, 22:14.
Last edited by mbaMissionJA on 29 Jun 2018, 06:32, edited 2 times in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Avi2017 wrote:
Hello,

Would really love your input. I am really focused in going to Harvard/Stanford/Wharton. Please advise regarding my chances here. Please suggest other schools might be more practical if HSW are a reach.

Undergrad- The Ohio State University
GPA - 3.3
Major- Double Major - Finance/Accounting
Minor- Economics
Age- 26
WE- 4.5 years

Jobs held-
1 year Big 4 Valuation (Ernst & Young)
6 months Duff & Phelps Valuation (New York)
3 years Investment Banking- M&A in Tech and Media (New York)
Current Job- Manager in Corporate FP&A- M&A Special Projects team. (This is an elite team at the firm where I have significant responsibility impacting major decisions of the firm)

GMAT- 770
CFA- Taking Level 1 in December. Level 2 next year.

Volunteer & EC-
Founder & President of a top business organization at The Ohio State University (Won the Outstanding New Student Organization award in 2013)
One of the Advisers in a Finance Scholars organization, a renowned club that helps students learn finance
Big Brother (Big Brother Big Sister)

Please advise

Hi, Avi2017. You have some strong elements in your profile - your GMAT is high and if you pass the CFA Level One, that will certainly reassure the admissions committee that you can handle the coursework even though your GPA is a bit low for your target schools. With your work experience, make sure that you are demonstrating impact and leadership in your roles, not just responsibilities. Recommendations will also be key in helping you set yourself apart.

Other than that, are any of your EC's from a more recent timeframe, or are they all from college? If from college only, try to add some new activities ASAP, preferably ones that you might be able to connect to things you've done before. This will help demonstrate a continuing interest and commitment to something that covers a longer timeframe than otherwise might be shown in joining something new.

Without more detail, it's hard to predict your chances, but generally, H/S are reaches for everyone, so make sure to round out your list with other schools (and ones beyond Wharton!)
Which ones to add will depend upon your goals. What are you hoping to do post-MBA? Do you have particular skills that you're looking to build? Do you have any preferences for geography, size and teaching method? It's hard to build a list without more information. Feel free to book a free consultation on the mbaMission web site! We'd be happy to go more in depth with you.

Hope this is helpful!
Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi

Need Profile evaluation for Harvard Sept 2019 intake

Background
Indian, Male, 35

Education - B Tech Mechanical Engg from IIT Kanpur with GPA 7.5 (on a scale of 10)

Work Ex -
Never worked as a Mechanical Engineer.
Got selected for the leading FMCG Sales Company in a post MBA role (without a formal MBA)
Was sent to IIM Bangalore for an Executive Management prog from the company.
grew business in Northern India (inluding Himalayan States of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal) and was awarded highest growing sales manager

took a sabbatical after 4 years to prepare for the Indian Administrative Services and got through with an under top 50 All India Rank
Worked extensively in rural and under developed areas (districts) of an Indian state.
Initiated a lot of projects in government schools and coached many tribal and rural students to reach to IIT.
Headed some large government organizations in CEO/MD/Director role
Presently heading an Examination Conducting body which conducts Computer based examinations for more than 3 million students annually

Extra - professional -
public speaker. Have won numerous inter school, inter college debates including one at the IAS academy
Have spoken for TEDx (the talk has 15k views on YouTube)
Have taught in an NGO School for 4 years during IIT days
Still go for motivational lectures and career counselling sessions to school children

Passionate about working in the area of Education Management especially for school children

Very limited International Exposure - worked for 4 weeks in Shanghai (China) for the FMCG firm doing market research for a dodorants brand, Trained at an Administration School in Singapore for 2 weeks, Spouse worked as a post doc researcher in Germany for 2 years so have stayed in Germany for long durations (8 weeks in total) on holidays. Have traveled around europe but mostly as a tourist. However, have picked up a lot of ideas of governance from European countries and tried implementing in the Indian State government

Originally posted by CMT on 06 Jul 2018, 12:11.
Last edited by CMT on 11 Jul 2018, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
JohnAHD wrote:

@JohnAHD :shocked

This is very interesting and highly diverse, this is a goldmine from the standpoint of an adcom member :)

- GMAT: 740 (Should I retake? I got 760 twice before the actual test )

If you're striving for round one at this point I would most definitely put all of your energy towards the recommendations the application in the essays. 740 is strong and it's definitely adequate and competitive for someone with your profile

- GPA: 3.85/5 Industrial Engineering in top engineering school in Venezuela ( i know, due to a combination of vocational, political and family obstacles), earned a fellowship to exchange for a year in France.

Très intéressant Où ça École Polytechnique ?

I'm not exactly sure but I would not allow this to discourage you. Take a look at the GPA calculator tool on WES.org,,
Your GPA on a 4.0 scale might come out better than you think

WE:
1)2y9mo (at matriculation) in Market Strategy roles in Top 3 global Risk Consulting and Broking company. worked 4 roles at the same time, 2 promotions; led and managed projects of large impact, and intl exposure. (Venezuela)

EC and awards:

WOW! I stopped putting comments in there because this is all completely awesome. I think you have a terrific shot here all the way around in terms of your professional experience...your goals....your international exposure; altogether you're exactly what HBS is looking for in terms of their global citizen thrust of late.

However I would definitely not be overconfident given that it is HBS so make sure that you do the application well all the way around.

I would really urge you to also apply to GSB if that interests you and to the Wharton Lauder program - you are an ideal candidate for that. Its well suited to your goals.

Definitely get in touch if you're looking for someone to work with you on your application, would love to have a chat.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
JohnAHD wrote:

I would really urge you to also apply to GSB if that interests you and to the Wharton Lauder program - you are an ideal candidate for that. Its well suited to your goals.

Definitely get in touch if you're looking for someone to work with you on your application, would love to have a chat. [/b]

Hello! Thank you so much for your input! And now that you mention it, I´m full on in my school research, speaking with mbas and mba candidates and I´ve fallen in love with other schools, incñuding GSB and Wharton (still evaluating Lauder). I´ll make sure to keep hard at it so I end up applying to the schools in which I actually want to study -and live!-.
En fait c´était à l´UTC, à Compiegne. Une belle ville :ok
I decided I´ll focus on my apps and keep my GMAT score as is, thanks for the advice.
I´m worried about my not so stellar undergrad transcript, specially with the most demanding schools. I work on compensating for that and hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
My main concern is my low GPA and jumpy career history (circling around the sales/PR/marketing drain, and switching industries from toys to SaaS (tech), before settling in Sales/SaaS 3-4 years ago). I've accomplished a lot at the companies I've worked for, received 5 promotions and held leadership roles for the last 3 years, but it's still not very impressive IMHO. It also took me yearsssss to graduate from my ALB, simply because of so many health and financial issues -- I had to keep taking time off.

During undergrad, I was seriously ill, once homeless, and worked full-time while studying, so I'm hoping this will shine a brighter light on my dim academics and inconsistent profile. I want my themes to be 1. failing, and then picking myself back up again to show tenacity, and 2. overcoming obstacles, and now wanting to start my own company to make the world a better place. I also persisted despite all the constant obstacles, and now I've graduated with a 3.2 GPA, 730 GMAT, have received 5 promotions, hold a leadership role, and I'm founding my own company while living abroad.

Academics:
- 3.29 GPA, social sciences
- 730 GMAT (RETAKING aiming for a 780)
- Completing HBX CORe (Harvard business 'prep' course) soon with a goal of an A (4.0) average
- Undergrad was at Harvard Extension School

Work Experience:
- American, 3 years of international experience (Germany - working language proficiency)
- 8 years of professional experience, 4 years in people management/leadership roles
- Managed 15 people at maximum, now managing around 5 people (switched companies, and now growing the team from 0 to 5)
- 5 promotions, from intern >associate > senior associate > team lead > senior manager > head of sales
- Starting my own company, in the very early stages

Life Background:
- Aged 30
- Experienced a life-threatening illness and homeless during undergrad - hence the low GPA
- Also worked full-time during all of undergrad, taking classes at night
- Decent amount of volunteering experience
- "Theme" of my application is overcoming hardship/life threatening illness/and homelessness, and now wanting to start my own company and make the world a better place
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
JohnAHD wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
JohnAHD wrote:

Definitely get in touch if you're looking for someone to work with you on your application, would love to have a chat. [/b]

Hello! Thank you so much for your input! And now that you mention it, I´m full on in my school research, speaking with mbas and mba candidates and I´ve fallen in love with other schools, incñuding GSB and Wharton (still evaluating Lauder). I´ll make sure to keep hard at it so I end up applying to the schools in which I actually want to study -and live!-.
En fait c´était à l´UTC, à Compiegne. Une belle ville :ok
I decided I´ll focus on my apps and keep my GMAT score as is, thanks for the advice.
I´m worried about my not so stellar undergrad transcript, specially with the most demanding schools. I work on compensating for that and hope for the best.

JohnAHD - would encourage you to place your focus more on the program than the location. Here's my 2 cents:
https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/02/09/mba-program-location-unimportant/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hey there, I am currently a sophomore (2 yrs more until graduation) and am looking forward to getting enrolled in the Harvard 2+2 program. I would be grateful if you could evaluate my profile and suggest me actions I should take in order to enhance my chances. Thanks!

Race: Indian

University: top engineering college ( selection rate less than 1 percent with 1.5 million candidates)
GPA: 8/10
Stream: Chemical Engineering

Internships: business advisor and marketing strategist for a medium scale social organisation that offers support to grass root level entrepreneurs.

Foreign exchange: attended a top design school in USA as a summer exchange student. (only 3 undergrad students selected)

Leadership roles:

Founder and coordinator of the E cell of the institute.
Founder and organizer of an event focused on giving young innovators a platform to show case their work, helping them get more exposure from several organisations and incubation centres. Theme being social innovation.
Core marketing member for the technical fest of the institute
Sponsorship associate for the cultural fest of the institute
Founding member of the competitive automobile building club
Organiser tedx and MUN

Projects: a product design projects,where in the product was to be commercially viable, and a system design project focused on evaluation of the current system in place and improving the same.

Some other relevant information:

I am a passionate traveller and have travelled across several States of India to survey the state of the small scale industries present the areas.

The whole journey inspired me to work toward making a social innovation to help those who are exploited, and plan to work on it in the near future.

I have a strong story to tell, as many things I am currently doing have a strong reason behind them, that very well align into a story.
I'm positive that I would be able to get a gmat score of more than 720 (based on practice tests).

What are my chances of getting into Harvard 2+2 based on my current profile?
Which are the areas where you would suggest I should work on?
And what would be the ideal GMAT score to aim for?

Thanks alot!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V168
GPA: 3.94
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Profile evaluation appreciated!

Basics
Male, 24, White (Ukrainian, Jewish Immigrant —> American Citizen)

Undergrad
Hunter College (Macaulay Honors Program) in City University of New York (CUNY)
Major: Computer Science, Minor: Political Science
GPA: 3.94, GRE: V - 168, Q - 170, AW - 5.5

Awards
- College Valedictorian
- Hertog Scholar
- Goldsmith Scholar

Experience
- Software Engineer at Bloomberg for 3 years (full-time)
- Adjunct Lecturer of CS at Hunter College (part-time in evenings after Bloomberg)
- iOS Developer Intern at Foursquare (full-time summer internship)

Extracurriculars
- hackNY Fellow 2015 and Mentor 2016 & 2017 (Social good + tech organization)
- Moot Court Team Co-founder at Hunter College

Miscellaneous
- Stanford Summer Session Student (GPA: 4.0)
- Technology-based research in (1) Geography lab and (2) Computer Vision/Robotics lab
- Tech projects including MORPG game (college Capstone), un-“filter bubbled” news app (Facebook Journalism Project winner)

Recommenders
- Team Lead at Bloomberg (MBA & MS)
- Assistant Professor of CS at USF (MBA & MS)
- CS Chair at Hunter College (MS only)

Post MBA/MS Goals (Note: I am applying to MBA and MS in CS dual or joint degree programs)
- Globalizing volunteerism across disciplines through a design-thinking, civic-tech based startup
- CTO or Team Lead at self-founded or early stage startup, or Google X
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Do you get joy out of putting people down? That's honestly kinda sad

730 on my gmat first try without studying, 780 shouldn't be too hard. thankfully, I don't waste my time putting folks down, so it frees up lots of time for learning ;)

"aiming for a 780"?
stop kidding yourself bud- if that's how it worked everyone would have a 780

you're a little old for harvard, i highly doubt you'd make it in. sorry[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Hi,

I'd like a profile evaluation and more importantly suggestions for area for improvement.

- 25, Asian male
Undergrad: 3.6 GPA in Engineering at a top non-Ivy (UChicago, Duke, etc.)
GMAT: 750 (48 Q/44 V, 8/8 IR, 6/6 AWA)
Work: Started off as a consultant at a technology company and moved towards software engineering and currently at a fintech start-up, took about 6 months off in-between to build my own start-up and am actively working on products/projects (dream is to go into VC/entrepreneurship)
Extracurriculars: fitness (weightlifting, marathon training), was president of fraternity in college, tutoring/teaching
-Goal: Learn about finance and develop my network => to build products that interest me and are good for the world
Targets: M7 (not worth IMO for the high tuition cost and opportunity cost else)

Thank you so much!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  53   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts