Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1065 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
650 is a pretty decent score. Good job!

You should do some research on Fuqua - check the average GMAT scores Now I also realize that GMAT is only one part of the puzzle and defenitely the only BLACK and WHITE part of the application. Consider your other parts of the application - experience, uniqueness of your profile, community service.. there are a lot of aspects that the Adcoms look at.
May be you should start the application/essays and if you realize that a 700+ GMAT is absolutely essential, got for the third try. FYI, I have read several stories of ppl with 640-680 GMAT getting admitted to Tuck, Wharton...

Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good score :-D All the best buddy!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats [#permalink]
Well congrats from a fellow Bostonian :) even though you are not pleased with your Verbal score overall it is a a very decent score. At any rate I will be taking the exam at the Pearson Center in Boston in exactly three weeks. Even though I need 550 to make it to the evening program that i am applying to i am still kind of nervous, I would really appreciate it if you can share yor experience abt the Boston testing Center and more importantly the actual exam itself... looks like the Quant difficulty is the same as GMATPrep is that true... also are the first few questions really crazy hard? since they are the important ones should we be spending more time on them but then what abt timing. Finally how did you deal with test anxiety, any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Very good score,

All the best for further .. :king
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have gotten so much out of this forum, I’d like to provide my insights on the test with the hope that it could help someone else.

Salama-
I had a very pleasant experience at the Boston testing center. The people were very nice. The testing room was smaller than I expected, and the proctor (?) can easily see everyone at all times, should you need new pen or erasable boards. PM me if you have any additional questions.

All-
Do bring earplugs if you get distracted easily, people walk in and out of the testing room throughout your test.
Do test your pen before you even sit down to start the exam
Do NOT worry too much about the erasable notebook/markers. I actually liked the laminated grid paper, although I can certainly see how faulty pens and messy writers could have potential issue with the supplies. I made a point to get a new notebook b/w the quant and verbal section just to be safe.

Like I said before, there were really no surprises in terms of content or difficulty on the exam, except of course the SC portion. I think the best way to prepare for SC is not to practice quantity, but quality. It is far more important to understand sentence structure (duh) and grammar rules than to blow through tons of practice questions, somewhat grasping the concept of what “looks wrongâ€
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
buckkitty thats a good score...and depending on your profile you may (or may not) need to take the test again. If you can, post your profile here and others can make suggestions. However, considering your verbal score in practice tests, I do see room for improvement in case you take it again! All the best and keep us posted with your progress ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
All-
I am including my profile, all thoughts and opinions are welcome, in light of my recent GMAT score of 650, what do you think about my chances at the following schools (and/or others) - Georgetown, UNC, Duke, UVA?

28 y/o female (29 at matriculation)

Undergrad:
University of Delaware, Finance major
GPA 3.04 Major GPA (in Business classes) 3.3
My GPA was an abysmal 2.5 freshman year, due to some family issues and frankly, immaturity. I consistently raised my grades throughout the 4 years and made Deans List a number of times.

Work Experience:
2.5 years at a large financial services company in an analyst position, for a fixed income custody role.
1.5 years at a financial services/Rating Agency institution in a highly quantitative fixed income modeling role. I was laid off from this position after the company sold off the guts of our division. The lay-off was group-wide.
Currently a little over 1 yr at a software company that does risk management in the banking industry, in a product manager role, primarily focusing on providing risk solutions and market direction for our product.

Extracurrics
I am involved in the local Habitat for Humanity chapter in a committee role. I have actively been involed in the org and am in a leadership position on an ongoing project.
Marathon runner and triathlete- I have completed 7 marathons and now have the triathlon bug as well :wink:
Was a Big Sister mentor for 2 years in school based mentoring program for inner city children.
I belong to a large professional women's organization in Boston which is a part of the larger parent org of National Association of Female Executives. I am on the social committee.

I'm still working on my long term goals. Of importance to me in school selection include a program strong in finance, general management and international exposure is also a bonus.

Your thoughts are welcome!!! THANKS!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey buckkitty,
First of all, this is a very good score... I know you were aiming higher, but anywhere in the 80s percentile and above is a very good score.
Although it seems like you are not too happy with the score, I would like to echo what a lot of people have already said and you might already know : GMAT scores aren't the whole package. I don't know a lot about the schools you are applying to but keep that point in mind. Looking at your profile you have shown consistent improvement in performance throughout. That stands out as an asset. That by itself is a key strong point on you app. And looking at all your other credentials related to extra-currics/mentorship programs and the long distance make a very strong package for any school. GMAT isn't the last word on someone's credentials!
Keep the spirits up and look at it logically than emotionally. Thats my 2 cents.

Good luck with the apps.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score. Good background I think too. Congrats :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts