Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 367
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 367
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30781 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Re: GMAT exam preparation plan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi ravalks,

I don’t think taking GMAT now and applying after 4 years is going to be a problem in your case.
A recent GMAT score gives a good idea to B-schools about your academic readiness before entering the MBA program . Since you have a very good CGPA, schools will not have to worry about this in your case. Good CGPA and a higher than average GMAT score (730+, even if its 3-4 years old) will prove to the admission committees that you are more than ready and capable of handling the MBA course load.

So, you can surely take advantage of the time at hand now and get an amazing GMAT score. This gives you more time to focus on work and building your profile for the next 3-4 years. Also, you will have far more time now than you would few years down the line with added responsibilities at work. Also, in a few years from now you would be out of touch with studies and would have to put in more time and effort in cracking these competitive exams.

Here are a few success stories of BITSians like you who aced GMAT. Btw our co-founder, Payal Tondon, and one of our experts, Krishna are from BITS too.
- Learn how Dhananjay, a BITSian, managed to score a 760 (Q50 V42) on GMAT. Click here to watch his amazing success story. Click here to read his GMATClub debrief.
- Vinayak, another BITSian, improved from an already good score of 700 to 750 because 700 was simply not enough for him! Click here to read his GMATClub debrief.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Aditee
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ravalks,

Working to 'lock up' a high GMAT Score now - years before you'll actually need it - is a smart move. At this point, it's important to take that initial practice CAT Exam soon, so that we can get a sense of your current skills, strengths and weaknesses. Once you have those results, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32862 [1]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
ravalks wrote:
Hello Sir,

I have a specific question for GMAT preparations.
I want to do an MBA after 3 to 4 years from top 30 global B schools. I joined Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd 2 weeks ago as an Assistant Manager i.e. I'm fresher now. I have enough time to prepare for GMAT now but if I give GMAT now will any negative imapct on applying after 4 years for business schools?

I'm BITS PILANI ME Manufacturing Systems Engineering student with a CGPA of 8.83

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

You should better focus on a solid study plan with sound strategy. Here is a study plan for you

Best Books

For Concept Learning

Manhattan Quant Guides
Manhattan Verbal Guides
For CR: The Powerscore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
For RC: Aristotle RC Grail

For Practice

The Official Guide for GMAT 2015-18
The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2015-18
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2015-18

Best Courses (Budget)

1. Empower GMAT
2. Math Revolution (Only Math)
3. E-GMAT (Only Verbal)

You can start with Quant or Verbal which suits you. If you have started with Quant then Start with the Arithmetic but if started with verbal then start first with Sentence correction. One month for learning Quant concepts and one month for practicing question and same practice for Verbal. During you Practicing question don't forget to make an error log to track your weak areas after practice. Once you know your weak areas revise your Concepts related to those areas and do some more Practice. 6-8 CATs are enough for practice the real tests. Make your Stamina for sitting 3 hours in the test and don't study more than 2 hours in one sit and 4 hours per day

Top CATs for Practice

1. Official GMAC CATs
2. Manhattan CATs
3. Kaplan CATs
4. GMAT Club Quant CATs

Good Luck
GMAT Club Bot