Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Geneva private tutoring [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi bpegenaute,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, all of your CAT score results (going back 8 months) - and your Official Score (in March) show that you essentially performed the same each time (about 570 +/- a few points). Those types of similar outcomes - over such a long period of time - imply that you have gotten 'stuck' at this particular score level.

With an August 23rd Test Date, you have about 5 weeks of study time remaining. Raising a 590 to a 670+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study (and possibly longer if you truly are stuck at this level) - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. You might have to consider pushing back your Test Date and application plans though.

1) What would be the next application deadline for the Program that you're interested in after September 1st?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi bpegenaute,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, all of your CAT score results (going back 8 months) - and your Official Score (in March) show that you essentially performed the same each time (about 570 +/- a few points). Those types of similar outcomes - over such a long period of time - imply that you have gotten 'stuck' at this particular score level.

With an August 23rd Test Date, you have about 5 weeks of study time remaining. Raising a 590 to a 670+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study (and possibly longer if you truly are stuck at this level) - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. You might have to consider pushing back your Test Date and application plans though.

1) What would be the next application deadline for the Program that you're interested in after September 1st?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Dear Rich,

Once again thank you for your message

I understand what you say and I appreciate very much your inputs, as of now a couple of weeks now I am fully committed to studying GMAT, with no other full-time requirements I can easily pull work-day schedule study sessions (with breaks every 1h30/2h00).

Due to a series of circumstances there is no later application date for me, either I get the score now and start business school in January 2019, either I get back to full-time employment and swap my masters to an EMBA version in or around 2020.

I am pretty confident that with 1-2-1 guided study focused on my main weaknesses in both verbal and quant I can make it to 670+, or at least I would have give it a fair try with all the possible ressources around me. I am not saying it will be easy, but I am ready to go for it, whatever it takes.

Thanks,
GMAT Club Bot