Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Requesting Profile Assessment [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi rohitnair13,
I agree with the previous poster that it's tough to evaluate without a GMAT and a 700+ score is ideal. That is great you have team lead experience. 9 years experience is a little on the high end for most US programs, but many programs in the UK tend to attract more experienced candidates, so that should be a good fit for that reason too.

Whether you opt for MFin or MBA depends mostly on your post-degree goals and how much you see yourself continuing to specialize/advance in finance vs. broadening outside finance. Both will open up opportunities, one will just be a bit narrower in scope. Once you narrow your target schools, you can find out more about their top employers and functions that graduates are working. Time and cost may be a factor too, I'm not sure though since we mostly specialize in MBA programs.

Best of luck!
Kate

rohitnair13 wrote:
Hi,

Request a frank evaluation of my profile.

Age – 32

GMAT – yet to take (expect 680-710)

Education –

Masters in Management Studies - 65.1%
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) - 70.3% (final year)
Class XII 83.3%
Class X 85%

Work experience:
- 9 years : 6 years in Credit Rating and 1.5 years in Risk Dept of Financial Institution
- Team Lead roles for the last 3 years in both credit rating agency as well in current profile

Plans:
I am mainly looking at schools in the UK, as my wife has a separate degree which is very much in demand there, and we plan to move there. I already have a masters degree in management, from University of Mumbai; but really want to refresh / enhance my profile before I apply for UK jobs.

I am looking at schools / courses that will help me manage this transition, and I would want to have a stronger foundation for UK-based roles. Am considering MFin / MBA courses as of now.

Any advice / guidance would be appreciated!
Moderator:
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
1452 posts