Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:32 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [2]
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
ENEM wrote:
Dear bb,

My suggestion is to add a sub tag to all OG questions so that we know which OG the particular question is from...
I mean I can volunteer to add the subtags for one OG on a weekly basis...using GMATClub guide..but I need access for that I believe...it's only a suggestion...

Thank you for the suggestion. We are actively considering it and I have been actually discussing it with Bunuel this morning. (I somewhat convinced sold on it ;-)... that's as close as it ever gets) However, GMATNinja also had a similar but different idea and I need to pick his brain before fully committing to this fully. However, I am looking for some help producing the OG Guide for the verbal if you are available for 1-2 hours this week - https://gmatclub.com/forum/guide-to-the ... l#p2104147
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [1]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
bb

yes I can help with that. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 116
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I'm new here. So I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go to some forum and I have to practice questions from there, I would want to open a question and then have the 'next' button there to navigate to a new question instead of going to the forum page again and opening a new question in another tab every time. I know a lot of my fellows would prefer selecting specific questions and working on them but I'd like an easy Next button near the timer somewhere to easily move to another question once I'm done.

Thank you!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
shaanaa22 wrote:
Hi,

I'm new here. So I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go to some forum and I have to practice questions from there, I would want to open a question and then have the 'next' button there to navigate to a new question instead of going to the forum page again and opening a new question in another tab every time. I know a lot of my fellows would prefer selecting specific questions and working on them but I'd like an easy Next button near the timer somewhere to easily move to another question once I'm done.

Thank you!

Hello shaanaa22

Did you checkout GMATClub Tests ? You can try them at the following link. Also the interface for these tests very much resembles the real GMAT test.

https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/?fl=menu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hello workout,

Thank you for your response. I have the gmat club tests subscription, it is great! But I guess I'm still not at that level to dive into tests, so wanted to practice Forum Questions. :)

Cheers!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
shaanaa22 wrote:
Hello workout,

Thank you for your response. I have the gmat club tests subscription, it is great! But I guess I'm still not at that level to dive into tests, so wanted to practice Forum Questions. :)

Cheers!

Well, the cool thing with the tests is you can create quizzes, which you can customize depending on your current ability level like all Sentence correction 500-level questions etc etc. Just go to the quizzes tab and you should be able to customize.

I guess you are in initial stages of your preparation, in that case I would advise you to use quizzes to try some basic level questions. If you want to try the newest questions on the forum anyway, you can use the question directory https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ps-ques ... 27957.html

You can always try the latest questions from the forum.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
This is regarding the "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply". More often than not it happens that the both the replies are actually a reply to some user's specific query. Such replies get picked up out of the thread and posted on top.

My suggestion here is that both the kind of replies should not be picked out the thread, instead a copy be created and posted on top of thread. This way the thread will always remain intact.

And, if there there is any confusion regarding the same a seperate tag- "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply" could be put besides the " Bookmark this post" button.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
GmatDaddy wrote:
This is regarding the "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply". More often than not it happens that the both the replies are actually a reply to some user's specific query. Such replies get picked up out of the thread and posted on top.

My suggestion here is that both the kind of replies should not be picked out the thread, instead a copy be created and posted on top of thread. This way the thread will always remain intact.

And, if there there is any confusion regarding the same a seperate tag- "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply" could be put besides the " Bookmark this post" button.

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. Can you give me an example of where the thread is not intact? Thank you!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
shaanaa22 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestion. What would you define as the "next" question?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
bb wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. Can you give me an example of where the thread is not intact? Thank you!

Hello bb

I have come across many such questions.
This is the most recent example: https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-april-1997-hillary-rodham-clinton-hosted-an-all-day-white-house-140878.html#p457460
"Most Helpful Expert Reply" is out of order in the thread and if you will go through the thread, you'll see that the user has again posted a query in reply to the post("Most Helpful Expert Reply") which is present in the thread. This at times creates unnecessary confusion !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi bb,

Thank you for responding. Any random question from the forum which I could practice would be my 'Next' question. I don't want a fancy algorithm to select it for me based on complex parameters, I just want a new question to practice with easy navigation.

Hope you understood :)

Regards,
shaanaa22
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
GmatDaddy wrote:
bb wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:

Hello bb

This is the most recent example: https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-april-1997-hillary-rodham-clinton-hosted-an-all-day-white-house-140878.html#p457460
"Most Helpful Expert Reply" is out of order in the thread and if you will go through the thread, you'll see that the user has again posted a query in reply to the post("Most Helpful Expert Reply") which is present in the thread. This at times creates unnecessary confusion !

I would tag abhimahna since this is his project and he is making the decision on the placement/duplication of the posts.
Thx.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Concentration: Technology, Nonprofit
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
When trying out forum questions, we see the difficulty bar. I think that's a distraction and detracts away from how one would approach a problem. For example, if the problem says 75% difficult, one would be more careful and try not to rush through the problem.

I think the difficulty level should be hidden, and upon clicking a certain button or completing timer and answering, the details are shown.

Those are my $0.02
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
sandman13 wrote:
When trying out forum questions, we see the difficulty bar. I think that's a distraction and detracts away from how one would approach a problem. For example, if the problem says 75% difficult, one would be more careful and try not to rush through the problem.

I think the difficulty level should be hidden, and upon clicking a certain button or completing timer and answering, the details are shown.

Those are my $0.02

Hi sandman13

I think you have legitimate concern that I thought of long time. When I see the tag, especially from Buneul, I always expect a curve ball in the question based on his rating. I agree with you.

bb

I think it is worth monitoring.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
GmatDaddy wrote:
bb wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:

Hello bb

abhimahna

This is another strong vote for this confusion. Although I appreciate your intent, moving a reply from its sequence creates strain an burden to the viewer. It is get complicated in 3 -pages post. I demands follow the post through pages to know what the post was and why the poster or instructor replied with this answer. You can apply the same idea but leave the post in its place. In same time, You want to make fancy tag for 'best reply' to be noticeable.

Thanks for your effort. :thumbup:
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey GmatDaddy and Mo2men ,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will see what can be done to get this resolved.

Mo2men wrote:
sandman13 wrote:

Those are my $0.02

Hi sandman13

I think you have legitimate concern that I thought of long time. When I see the tag, especially from Buneul, I always expect a curve ball in the question based on his rating. I agree with you.

bb

I think it is worth monitoring.

Hey Mo2men and sandman13 ,

You can always hide the bar before attempting any question. Once you hide the bar for one question, our system keeps the same hidden for whichever question you open next. Same is true for our Tags system.

So, hide them once and enjoy studying! :-)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
bb

The "Premium MBA Bundle" link on top menu points to incorrect page "Should i retake GMAT".

I clicked on "Premium MBA Bundle" link on the top menu under "GMAT" option.

I have attached the screenshot for reference.
Attachments

GMATClub.jpg
GMATClub.jpg [ 225.55 KiB | Viewed 1377 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  44