Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [4]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi all - Just wanted to say I will be available for questions on this forum once Kellogg releases its application. Since it has confirmed its Round 1 deadline of September 19, I'm hoping the full application will be available soon and we can see if they decided to change either of their essays, as Wharton and CBS have this year.

I will have advice on the video essay component of the application as well, assuming they keep that in. (I think they will...)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Why is this thread so quiet?

Gnpth, Here are essay topics for this year. You can add them to the first post.

Required Essays

Essay 1: Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip & inspire brave leaders who create lasting value. Tell us about a time you have demonstrated leadership and created lasting value. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)

Essay 2: Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)

Essay for Dual-degree Applicants: For applicants to the MMM or JD-MBA dual degree programs, please explain why that program is right for you. (250 words)

Essay for Re-applicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)

Optional Essay: If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)

Essay Analysis by: mbaMission | Accepted
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
My two cents are that the biggest mistakes I see people make with these essays are:

1) For #1: They forget to address the final question about challenges and learnings. I personally think at least 1/3 up to 1/2 of the response should be dedicated to that question and the rest the setup of the situation and what you did to meet the challenges and create lasting value.

2) For #2: People don't realize this is secretly partially a "career essay" and a "Why Kellogg" essay. You can either use one example to first talk about specific ways you've grown in the past, or summarize the ways you've grown across your career to date with mini-examples from different projects/experiences. Then you need to transition to what you want to do going forward in your career and SPECIFICALLY how Kellogg will help you achieve those goals. You need to say the precise ways you'll grow from taking, say, Class X, or being a part of Club Y, etc.

But remember you'll also be addressing your career goals and Why Kellogg in the video essays if my memory serves, so you won't want to repeat the EXACT same thing you said in Essay #2.

Hope this helps and best of luck to all!

Narenn wrote:
Why is this thread so quiet?

Gnpth, Here are essay topics for this year. You can add them to the first post.

Required Essays

Essay 1: Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip & inspire brave leaders who create lasting value. Tell us about a time you have demonstrated leadership and created lasting value. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)

Essay 2: Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)

Essay for Dual-degree Applicants: For applicants to the MMM or JD-MBA dual degree programs, please explain why that program is right for you. (250 words)

Essay for Re-applicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)

Optional Essay: If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)

Essay Analysis by: mbaMission | Accepted
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Thanks, Narenn for posting essay questions.

To all the folks applying to Kellogg, we will have current student chat to discuss the application process and their application journey.

We will keep you guys posted about the dates and timings for these chats.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Hello,

I apologize for my ignorance but when the date says "On-Campus Interviews Must be Scheduled by", are are these the applicant initiated interviews or these are interview invites sent by Admissions committee?

Thank you!
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Everyone applying for Kellogg does an interview. They do not "invite" anyone to interview. So if you are going to travel to campus for an interview you must ensure you've scheduled it in their system by the date they state.

Otherwise you indicate what city you're in and they will match you with a local alum. If they can't do that they will either waive the interview requirement or do a Skype interview with you.

Hope that helps!

abstruze wrote:
Hello,

I apologize for my ignorance but when the date says "On-Campus Interviews Must be Scheduled by", are are these the applicant initiated interviews or these are interview invites sent by Admissions committee?

Thank you!
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Baldwin and I am the Associate Director at the Kellogg School of Management. I’m posting here to let everyone know about an exciting new initative designed to connect prospective students with our admissions officers via social media.

For the next week, we will be fielding your questions about the Kellogg admissions process via our Instagram channel (@KelloggSchool)! Simply send us a DM with your question, and then check back in early August when we’ll be sharing videos of the admissions officers answering your questions!

Example questions could include:
    Is there on aspect of the application that is more important than another?
    Can candidates apply to more than one program at a time?
    Is there a difference between applying in Round 1 vs Round 2?

Please Note: No information about the people who ask questions will be shared with the Admissions department, we'll simply be passing along questions for the Admissions team to answer. Asking a question will have no impact an admission decision, positively or negatively. Kellogg will not view the Instagram content of anyone who asks a question, nor would we be able to if your account is set to private. We are only accepting questions via Instagram direct message at this time.

Here is a link to our Instagram: https://kell.gg/kelloggschool

Thank you,
Matt Baldwin, Associate Director of Social Media at Kellogg School of Management
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V164
Send PM
Thanks for posting the thread. I was wondering also if people would be posting about Kellogg's 1YR program here as well, though I'm aware relatively fewer people will be interested in that program. Thanks for any information anyone has about that particular topic.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
matayo wrote:
Thanks for posting the thread. I was wondering also if people would be posting about Kellogg's 1YR program here as well, though I'm aware relatively fewer people will be interested in that program. Thanks for any information anyone has about that particular topic.

You can start a new thread for 1yr folks if you want. We had a separate 1yr thread last year and it got good engagement from applicants.

PM me if you need any help.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Welcome to GMATClub, Matt! It's great to see admissions team interacting with prospective Kellogg applicants through this platform.

MattBaldwin wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Baldwin and I am the Associate Director at the Kellogg School of Management. I’m posting here to let everyone know about an exciting new initative designed to connect prospective students with our admissions officers via social media.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
matayo wrote:

You can start a new thread for 1yr folks if you want. We had a separate 1yr thread last year and it got good engagement from applicants.

PM me if you need any help.

I don't have many questions about it right now, but do you know if it's more competitive than the 2YR program? Someone else said that to me, because the class is smaller and the prospect of only paying half the tuition is appealing to more people.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
matayo wrote:
Do you know if it's more competitive than the 2YR program? Someone else said that to me, because the class is smaller and the prospect of only paying half the tuition is appealing to more people.

It could be true but we can't say for sure unless we get the stats of these two programs. I advise you to start a new discussion thread for 1 yr so that you can discuss topics such as this as well as other app related things with your fellow applicants.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
matayo wrote:
Do you know if it's more competitive than the 2YR program? Someone else said that to me, because the class is smaller and the prospect of only paying half the tuition is appealing to more people.

It could be true but we can't say for sure unless we get the stats of these two programs. I advise you to start a new discussion thread for 1 yr so that you can discuss topics such as this as well as other app related things with your fellow applicants.

Thanks, will do that
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
anyone applying to the evening & weekend mba?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thursday, July 26: Live Chat with Kellogg Alum

Hi Everyone, This Thursday we have a live chat with ENGRTOMBA2018, at 8:30am Pacific time (4:30pm British time, 9pm Indian time) in our chat room. ENGRTOMBA2018 recently graduated from Kellogg and currently works at Amazon. We hope all of you will participate in this chat. It's an excellent opportunity to ask your questions about Kellogg, its application process, and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

July 26, 2018 | Thursday | 8:30 AM PDT (4:30 PM BST; 9 PM IST)

Place:

Main Chat Room

There are admit chat sessions planned for other schools as well. Check out the complete chat calendar here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/inviting-all ... l#p2092718
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:

Hi Everyone, This Thursday we have a live chat with ENGRTOMBA2018, at 8:30am Pacific time (4:30pm British time, 9pm Indian time) in our chat room. ENGRTOMBA2018 recently graduated from Kellogg and currently works at Amazon. We hope all of you will participate in this chat. It's an excellent opportunity to ask your questions about Kellogg, its application process, and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

Place:

Main Chat Room

There are admit chat sessions planned for other schools as well. Check out the complete chat calendar here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/inviting-all ... l#p2092718

thank you for the update
do people who are participating in the live chats for the first time need to go through additional sign ups?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
No. Just head over to the Chat room at the specified time.
yamato wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Date and Time:

Place:

Main Chat Room

thank you for the update
do people who are participating in the live chats for the first time need to go through additional sign ups?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts