Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:54 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
cognrats chirag!!!!!!

awesome score man.. 97% is just too good!!!

have fun now!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Chirag,

Can you shed some light on your practice scores....

and any other tips :)

Party time man!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:band
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Chirag,

:cool :cool :cool :yikes This is a great score. :cool :cool :cool :yikes

BUT IF YOU TAKE THIS THING AGAIN WITH A 97%TH PERCENTILE, YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND, ARE INSANE. :lol:

Seriously...

The difference between 730 and 750, that is a 97% vs 99% percentiles have, effectively, no tangible difference whatsoever on your application. No school is going to NOT accept you because you scored in the top 3%, but not in the top 2%.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is just great news...from a fellow gmat clubber ... you nicked it :2gunfire:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !!!! Great score .. well done !!! All the best with your applications .... :band
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was waiting for the good news also today!!! My sincere congratulations and don't waste your time on this test any longer... it doesn't worth it!!!

btw, how long did you study for and did you work on the challenges? I am also interested in your verbal scores before any studying.

good luck!!!

party time :beer
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is awsome. Great going dude. After all the hardwork paid off.

Party time. :beer :done
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great job dude! Congraats! :band

I would echo the same statement: Top 1% and top 3% should not make a any difference for adcoms.

Good luck for your apps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Chirag,

:cool :cool :cool :yikes This is a great score. :cool :cool :cool :yikes

BUT IF YOU TAKE THIS THING AGAIN WITH A 97%TH PERCENTILE, YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND, ARE INSANE. :lol:

Seriously...

The difference between 730 and 750, that is a 97% vs 99% percentiles have, effectively, no tangible difference whatsoever on your application. No school is going to NOT accept you because you scored in the top 3%, but not in the top 2%.

Yep I know 730 and 750 does not make much difference and I am really not worried about it.

Though, 750 was the milestone I wanted to surpass, specifically to compensate for my undergrad education from not very well known Indian Engineering College.

Will brief about my preparations tomorrow!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulations ! pretty good score.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Re: 730(50Q, 39V) [(97%) Q(95%), V(89%)] [#permalink]
***** Party Time ********

[quote="chiragr"]Ended my run with 730 (97%) (50Q(95%), 39V(89%)).

State of Mind as of now!
Don’t know what to think and feel. Yesterday I was thinking that I should score either less than 700 so I can reappear or score 750+ so I can comfortably compete in Indian Tech pool. And guess what ended up getting 730, Average of 700 and 750 :) ;

Though, no complain as such.
=> Good part is score is balanced, but bed part is quant is only 95, specifically because there is no quantifiable improvement from where I started.
=> Good part is I MAY not take exam again, but if so, bad part is I will be never elite 99% group. Though knowing that GMAT has +-30 variance in score is comforting.

Overall, (thanks)^n to GMATClub and all of you. Without this site, I have no doubt that my bad-dream of getting less 700 may have been realized 

Test Experience:

AWA
Started well, argument was causal and also was using analogy so capitalize on both of the flaws. For analysis of issue, wrote pathetic essay, had lot of ideas but could not capitalize.

Learning: Do not ignore AWA section. If you write only 4 essays before real exam as I did you will be in trouble. It would be excellent idea just to go through all topics once so you have some points to ponder in exam.

Took break and sooth myself before starting quant. In break, somehow did not exactly notice clock--fortunately was back to the station just in time.

Quant:

Quant seemed easy, but after quickly solving four questions, became bit concern and started double checking even easy ones. By the 15th question I was legging around 3 min, and than onwards was forced out of my comfort zone. Finished the exam with 30 sec. to spare and with expectation that target-51 is missed. Though was not really concerned because, I was confident that in any case score will not be bellow 50.

Overall questions covered whole spectrum, though none of the questions were really difficult. Actually, some were extremely trivial such as
For set theory, given A,B,C and AB, BC, CD and ABC find A+B+C
X^2>Y^2 what is X if Y is 4 (DS)
How many ways you can select 4 items from group of 10

While none of the questions felt extremely tricky, I had to guess two of questions in DS after doing initial analysis due to time pressure. One was related to reminder and other was rate.

(Note: These are not exact questions but similar, not to violate NDA)

Learning:
Time management is the most crucial part. However good you are in quant, once you are in pressure you will make silly mistakes and that’s what test takers want. I knew it but still fall for the trap.

Took again full break, this time notice clock and came back to station 30 sec before.

Verbal:
Misery started from second question! Took three min to solve and still was not sure about answer. By the 5th question was 3 min behind and after finishing first RC--9th question-- was around 5 min. Tried to content myself, but everything learnt was evaporated and basic instinct took over. By question 15, I kind of gave up on timing and tried to concentrate on exam but it did not work. As the time pressure was growing my comprehension was going down. Around Q-20 I started rushing--31 min and 21 questions to go, started answering CR, my strongest point, without reading all choices, not only was skipping choices but was not reading whole choice. In SC started using “sounds rightâ€
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Chiragr!!!

Good luck with your apps!!

:cool
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Chiragr,

Your score is just great ..

All the best for you ..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Congratulations :good
Great score, wish you all the best for applications :-D

Try to stick around to advice others :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Another sucess story and great score.

congrats...

goodluck for all your application and admisions process...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
@ chirag [#permalink]
congrats for a great score..

i am gonna give my gmat after 10 days..

1) can u please tell something about the new scratch paper and marker ..can u give me an example of something that is available in the indian market ( sounds silly but i have a tendency to write a lot during rc )

2) GMATprep tests do not indicate the number of lines in RC and the number of questions with each passage is it on the REAL exam as well..u do not know how many question each RC passage has.

3) can u give me an idea of ur mock scores coz i doing pretty bad i have 10 days to go and not much is happening at my end...hoping for your help..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Many Congratulations........ :musband
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder