Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Tuck '21 (WL)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2427 [0]
Given Kudos: 1131
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 415 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: My journey from 700 to 720 to 760 [#permalink]
sudarshan22 wrote:

rb2727 wrote:
Round 3 - Journey of 720 (Q48,V41) | Total preparation time - 25 days

This must be a typo though.

And all the best for your applications.
:thumbup:

Thanks sudarshan22.
Yes. That was a typo. Thanks for correcting me. Edited in the original post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hi rb2727,

Congratulations for the high score and the persistent effort. Wish you all the very best to get into your first choice school.

Can you please let me know of e-gmat, whether it will be useful for a person who scores currently V25.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Congratulations on a great score and for believing in yourself despite reaching 700 in first attempt.

I had 2 questions for you:

1. On Quant I scored 48. I have gotten a copy of Manhattan Advanced Quant for my re-take. I noticed you used it in your re-take also. Do you feel it was useful in pushing your score to 50? Did you also use gmatclub tests? How much time do you think would be good for Manhattan Advanced Quant as it is quite dense?

2. On verbal I scored 34 and aim to go past 40. I have subscribed for the e-gmat verbal course. Given that you also used e-gmat for your retake, did you go through all the concept and application files or selectively as I feel they would require considerable time if you decide to go through every file without skipping anything.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CrackkkGMAT wrote:
Hi rb2727,

Congratulations for the high score and the persistent effort. Wish you all the very best to get into your first choice school.

Can you please let me know of e-gmat, whether it will be useful for a person who scores currently V25.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device

If you have time to go through the entire SC + CR course from e-GMAT, then I feel it can easily improve your score. It will provide you with the basics needed to crack GMAT problems.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

If you have time to go through the entire SC + CR course from e-GMAT, then I feel it can easily improve your score. It will provide you with the basics needed to crack GMAT problems.[/quote]

Thank you very much.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jasukhera wrote:
Congratulations on a great score and for believing in yourself despite reaching 700 in first attempt.

I had 2 questions for you:

1. On Quant I scored 48. I have gotten a copy of Manhattan Advanced Quant for my re-take. I noticed you used it in your re-take also. Do you feel it was useful in pushing your score to 50? Did you also use gmatclub tests? How much time do you think would be good for Manhattan Advanced Quant as it is quite dense?

2. On verbal I scored 34 and aim to go past 40. I have subscribed for the e-gmat verbal course. Given that you also used e-gmat for your retake, did you go through all the concept and application files or selectively as I feel they would require considerable time if you decide to go through every file without skipping anything.

Thank you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Given Kudos: 1283
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Send PM
This is an awesome story rb2727. Well done for not settling for anything less than you desired. Did you time yourself when solving problems from Manhattan's advanced quant book? I also have the book but I was told Manhattan over prepares one for quant so trying to decide on how to approach it.

All the best with your applications.

Cheers!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1988 [1]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Kudos
rb2727 wrote:
Hi,

Since I took and learnt a lot from this forum, I feel I should rightfully write my own debrief of a journey from 700 to 720 to 760.

Round 1 - Journey of 700 (Q49, V36) | Total preparation time - 1.5 months
I started my preparation that GMAT should not be that tough for an IIT grad. Quant should be a cakewalk while Verbal will be a bit difficult, however, with time that hurdle can be captured as well. So I started with Manhattan SC guide, along with basic revision of math concepts. I solved the OG along with Verbal and Quant review. Re-solved the OG Verbal 7 days before the exam. I started giving me mocks and used to get a score of around 680-700. Thus, I already went for my exam with not a lot of hope. Sadly, the result was 700. The main issue - my strategy of solving verbal questions was incorrect.

Round 2 - Journey of 720 (Q48,V41) | Total preparation time - 2.5 months
After my round 1, I decided that I need to give it again with more focus on verbal. To do this, I went through the below resources:
- CR Bible (Good book)
- e-GMAT Verbal course (I would highly recommend it if you want to do good in verbal and are at a stage that you are unable to cross the V40 bar)

This time, I did not pay a lot of attention to Quant. Focused on verbal, and somehow messed it up in Quant.
My mocks were coming in the range of 740-750. So I was quite confident when I walked into the exam centre. I was really happy with my verbal score. However, I knew I could do a lot better in Quant. I left the exam centre with a heavy heart.

Round 3 - Journey of 760 (Q50,V41) | Total preparation time - 25 days
I took my own sweet time to decide if I want to do the test again. Wasted around 10 days doing that. Then I started focusing on my quant again. I did the entire Manhattan advanced quant. Then on 1 weekend, I revised all my verbal concepts and strategies from e-GMAT. I used Scholaranium effectively. I gave one mock and got a score of 750. However, since some of the questions were repeat, I thought of it as an inflated score. So I decided to not give any more mocks. Exam day, I was super happy to see my score. My Quant and Verbal had gone really well, and the score reflected that.

My only suggestion to all - Be persistent if you haven’t achieved your target score and feel that you can do a lot better.

Hi
Congrats on such a great score on the Gmat.
Few would have attempted again after getting a 720. It really shows your patience and perseverance.
All the best for your applications.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2102 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Congratulations and thanks for the motivation and guidance.

Just a two simple questions? Were you working while preparing for GMAT? If yes, How was your study plan during weekdays and weekends?

How many mocks did you give? and Gap between two mocks?

All the very best for your admissions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CAMANISHPARMAR wrote:
Congratulations and thanks for the motivation and guidance.

Just a two simple questions? Were you working while preparing for GMAT? If yes, How was your study plan during weekdays and weekends?

How many mocks did you give? and Gap between two mocks?

All the very best for your admissions.

Hey, thanks.

Yes, I was working full time while preparing for GMAT.
For my first attempt, I was putting around 2 hours on a weekday and 6 hours on a weekend. I even took a leave from work for 10 days before the exam to give my mocks. But I guess it was the strategy to study which was flawed.
In both my second and third attempts, I was studying for around 2 - 3 hours on a weekday and 7-8 hours on the weekend. I did not take any leaves before the exam, except half days when I had to give the mocks.
My frequency of taking the mocks was around every 2 days. In my first attempt, I gave 8 mocks (6 Manhattan + 2 free GMATPrep). In my second attempt, I gave 6 mocks (6 GMATPrep). In the thir attempt I just gave one mock and decided not to give any further mocks since the score was inflated.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts