Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Re: Columbia Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, a prep course is a good idea! I highly recommend ManhattanPrep.

mba2018pls wrote:
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there, and thanks for writing! You're right that demonstrating your quantitative proficiency will be important - since you've taken the GRE a few times, I do think focusing on your applications and taking an online or in-person course is the way to go. I would recommend statistics, calculus, microecon, or accounting (in this order, depending on which you haven't taken already). Alternatively, I recommend the online course UC Berkeley Math For Management, as it is quantitiatively focused in nature and offers exposure to a number of fundamentals underpinning MBA courses: https://extension.berkeley.edu/search/pu ... seId=41492

Since you already work in media and entertainment, you'll want to make a strong case for why you want to leave the industry to get an MBA - be clear about the skills/experiences you need for your next step in your career.

Hope that helps a bit! :-) If you want to discuss further, you can sign up for a free 30-min consultation with me here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

mba2018pls wrote:
Hi All!

I am considering applying ED and wanted to know how my profile holds up:

I am an African American female and graduated from a top 10 university in 2015. Majored in Politics Science with an economics minor.

GPA: 3.4

GRE Exam Results:
158 V / 156 Q
160 V / 154 Q
160 V / 151 Q - (I'll probably only send the first two)

WE:
3 years in media/entertainment
-For two years, I worked at one of the top three (i.e ABC/CBS/NBC) media companies in research and strategy. I was promoted after 1 year.
-Within the last year, I worked at a major talent agency (i.e CAA/WME/ICM/UTA) in talent department as an agent assistant. I now work at a production company headed by a showrunner with two series on air. I am tasked with reading scripts (to see if it might be something my boss wants to develop) and understanding the current content landscape as well as developing a company strategy. It has a start uppy feel
-In addition, I am the executive director of a local scholarship fund (in charge of reading materials and selecting scholarship recipients)
-For two years, while working in media, I was a researcher for the head of entrepreneurship/econ development for a city that experienced bankruptcy in 2015 (sorry for the vague language. trying to remain somewhat anonymous on here).

Post MBA:
I want to work in the entertainment in strategy/business development.

What are my chances? I would like to raise my math score but am unsure if I want to retake the test again when I need to focus on my applications. I was thinking of doing that online math course to show that I have mathematical ability.

Thank you! I am thinking about retaking the GRE and this time, I will use a prep course. I have never used one before. Would this be a smart idea? The course is 6 weeks and I would retake in time for ED deadline.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Columbia Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
It may be a bit early for this, as I am planning to apply via early admissions for the August 2020 entry, and so still need to take the GMAT a few times and round out my profile, but would love feedback. (Also: is there an advantage to applying really, really early—like, as soon as early admissions opens?)

Demographics: U.S. citizen, white male. Would be freshly 26 if entering August 2020.

Education:
[*] BA in Economics and German from a top-five public U.S. university
[*] 3.5 GPA (technically 3.487...) and honors thesis/departmental honors in German

Scores:
[*] Just took my first full-length practice GMAT:
[*] Overall: 700
[*] Verbal: 43
[*] Quantitative: 43
[*] IR: 3 (Ouch)

I think I should be able to improve this a good bit after some preparation and several real GMATs. I am generally good at standardized tests. So... let's call it a 720.

Work Experience:
[*] I am just finishing a two-year rotation program out of undergrad in finance/project management with a large industrial multinational, doing mostly process improvement and data analytics related to financial controlling for heavy industry.
[*] Now returning to one of those rotations to spearhead an initiative to introduce better data analysis (Tableau, Alteryx, etc.) related to factory controlling (absorption, improving pricing, etc.).

If I entered in August 2020, I would have a little over four years of work experience upon entry (around 2.75 upon applying). One of my college internships was in Germany, but not sure that is relevant anymore. Manufacturing isn't hugely represented in the Columbia stats I can find, but hoping maybe that can set me apart (and that the international angle will help).

Involvement:
[*] As I have been moving around every six months since college, I haven't had much of a chance to really lay down roots and do much related to extracurricular. I was involved with some political groups, the German major, and my college paper in undergrad (again, not sure if relevant anymore). I think before I apply, I will get involved in an LGBT chamber of commerce and try to find something service-related.

Goals:
[*] Having seen different businesses in the conglomerate and worked on improvement initiatives, my first pick would be traditional management consulting gigs after MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q164 V164
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Background: Applying in Fall 2018 for Fall 2019 start date.
Race/nationality: White, US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: University of Pittsburgh, Accounting/Finance
Undergrad GPA: 3.85

GMAT Score: 760 Total, 49Q, 44V, AWA 6, IR 8

Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work experience upon submission of applications in Fall 2018 (4 upon planned matriculation) in Big 4 Public Accounting, Audit. I have completed a rotation in the TAS practice at my firm (specifically due diligence) and will be transferring full-time next Spring (I think this is a big selling point and shows growth in my career as the rotations are very selective in my office/firm).

Community and Others:
Volunteer dog-walker at local animal rescue shelters, helping to prepare and lead a booth at the upcoming Made in America festival in Philly.
Volunteer at LLS, organized multiple charity events and an office-wide team for a stair climb event.
President of Beta Alpha Psi during undergrad.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant during undergrad
Recipient of scholarship awarded to "Top Achieving Academic Student" during undergrad.
IM Leagues

Certifications: Licensed CPA

Post-Grad Goal of MBA: To secure a position with a BB Investment Bank (specifically M&A/Core IB division), with the ultimate goal of transitioning to Corporate Development for a F100-F500 Company in consumer products. I want to consolidate companies in the industry to create a company that creates innovative products which make a difference in the day-to-day lives of consumers.

Additional: I think my WE/Demographic will lead to an uphill battle but my stats are strong and I think my extra-curriculars are solid. My recs should also be quite strong. I am applying for E

Originally posted by EricSayres on 26 Jul 2018, 10:30.
Last edited by EricSayres on 18 Aug 2018, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
Background and nationality: Indian Male

Undergrad : Manipal University,India ; GPA 6.6/10 - Civil Engineering

Work Ex : 42 months total

A. 13 months as Product Manager in an small e-commerce B2C startup that also has a B2B side.
Key highlight: worked on digitization of airport for the leading airport operator in South-east Asia. The project is to improve revenue opportunities for the airport operators.
B. 26 months in various roles at mid-size e-commerce B2C startup.
Key highlight: Joined in a very junior role but got two promotions within a year and was made the Associate Product Manager (junior-level management) in the team. Have experience of leading a small team and building a small software product from the scratch.
C. 3 months of sales internship in a small e-commerce B2C startup
Key highlight: Was on the field for 3 months talking to the mom & pop stores in Mumbai enabling them to fight the fight with the big e-commerce companies.

Post-MBA goals:
1. Leading business vertical in tech firms such as Google, Amazon or Microsoft
2. Long term: Get into teaching

Key issues with my profile:
1. Completed engineering degree in 5 years instead of 4.
2. Was unemployed for a year after passing from college
3. No extra-curricular whatsoever
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello blackfish

Columbia and the likes will look at your profile holistically on all the admission factors mentioned here
While your work ex shows potential, it will help understand what sort of GMAT score are you expecting.
Your past acads are on the lower side and completing engineering in 5 years, 1 year employment will further negatively impact. So target a high GMAT of 740+ at least. It will not really compensate for these weaknesses (only your story in the essays can do that).
Coming to extracurricular- you need not have anything formal, what do you do outside work in your free time? If you can showcase a productive activity that helps you grow personally/professionally, then it may help.
Coming to the last part career goals- firstly, be more specific- what sort of business role are you looking at. Plus if your long term goal is academics (say 10 years) then how does an MBA and this business role fit in? These are not the right stepping stones to move into academics. The narrative will look weak and is the most critical element of your application. You could read more on career goals here.
Based on the info, Columbia looks a stretch, but depends on what qualitative info you bring to the table.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

blackfish wrote:

A. 13 months as Product Manager in an small e-commerce B2C startup that also has a B2B side.
Key highlight: worked on digitization of airport for the leading airport operator in South-east Asia. The project is to improve revenue opportunities for the airport operators.
Key highlight: Joined in a very junior role but got two promotions within a year and was made the Associate Product Manager (junior-level management) in the team. Have experience of leading a small team and building a small software product from the scratch.
Key highlight: Was on the field for 3 months talking to the mom & pop stores in Mumbai enabling them to fight the fight with the big e-commerce companies.

Post-MBA goals:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello blackfish

Columbia and the likes will look at your profile holistically on all the admission factors mentioned here
While your work ex shows potential, it will help understand what sort of GMAT score are you expecting.
Your past acads are on the lower side and completing engineering in 5 years, 1 year employment will further negatively impact. So target a high GMAT of 740+ at least. It will not really compensate for these weaknesses (only your story in the essays can do that).
Coming to extracurricular- you need not have anything formal, what do you do outside work in your free time? If you can showcase a productive activity that helps you grow personally/professionally, then it may help.
Coming to the last part career goals- firstly, be more specific- what sort of business role are you looking at. Plus if your long term goal is academics (say 10 years) then how does an MBA and this business role fit in? These are not the right stepping stones to move into academics. The narrative will look weak and is the most critical element of your application. You could read more on career goals here.
Based on the info, Columbia looks a stretch, but depends on what qualitative info you bring to the table.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

blackfish wrote:

Post-MBA goals:

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention my GMAT score

GMAT Score: 740

Q50 / V40 / IR 6

Awaiting the AWA score

I am not actually quiet clear about the long term plan. Honestly, I would say I don't know the **** I would like to do but I do enjoy solving problems. Also, I would like to work in a role that can impact people positively. So, economic empowerment or education is where I would like to build a career.

As far as leading a business vertical in a tech giant is concerned, what I wanted to say was I would like to lead expansions geographically or in a new market. Say for example: Amazon wants to expand internationally and begin operations in Pakistan. That would satiate my need for solving problems and empowering people economically.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Do I have a chance if I only have a 680?

Originally posted by OneTimeOnly on 04 Aug 2018, 16:34.
Last edited by OneTimeOnly on 01 Dec 2018, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing. You have a well-rounded profile, with strong academics, progressive work experience, and good community involvement. I think the key to your application will be executing it with excellence, including: explaining the motivations behind your career goals, being clear why CBS is a fit for you based on its culture, location, and resources within & outside of the classroom, and communicating on your resume and applications the impact you've made within and outside of work. If you'd like to discuss your profile in greater detail, I recommend signing up for a free consultation here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

legendkillaz wrote:
Background and nationality: Asian American
Undergrad Information: 3.7 in Economics at a Public Ivy
GMAT: 740
Work experience and leadership: 2 years at Big 4 audit and 3 years at an international company doing M&A accounting transaction advisory
Community and others: 4 years of mentoring including a local leadership role Big Brother Big Sister. Started an Ecommerce business with $1m in revenue.
Post MBA goals: Management consulting short term and being a CEO of a portfolio company long term
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello,

Do I stand a realistic chance of getting in? My profile:

1.) Indian Female, 24, Muslim
2.) GMAT: 730 (q50, v39, IR-3( I know it's bad!), AWA-6.0)
3.) Undergrad: Engineering , GPA: 4.0 (according to MBA.com conversion table)
4.) Currently working at Dell Technologies, 2 years of work experience after graduating. (Will be 3 yrs before joining the school)

International work experience: YES (was one of the select few to attend the Dell Annual IT Summit at Austin and learnt a lot from the experience)

I joined my team as a software analyst but my manager seeing good management and communication skills in me, encouraged me to take up project management and thus I became a project coordinator for my team within 6 months of joining the company. I worked with my team to do anything possible to help them perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, communicating with other teams for requirements, etc. So, you might say I have managing experience as well. I was a Scrum Master for my team and I have a certification of Certified Scrum Master as well.

5.) Extra-curricular: Vocalist in college band and still sing sometimes at clubs,worked with NGOs to help educate poor muslim girls, blogging, modelling, travelling

I was also the networking lead in the IT Development Program in Dell. I have organised numerous events and led all the members(in numbers of 50-60) of the ITDP program on various occasions.

Post MBA goals: Product Marketing Manager in a company I believe in.
Long term goals: Chief Marketing officer , again in a company I believe in.

Please give an honest feedback if I have a shot at getting in. And if not, which schools do you suggest me to apply to?

Thanks a bunch!!
Tasneem
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I am a female african. Born, raised and studied in Morocco.
GMAT : 700 Q48 V36
Undergrad : "Classes préparatoires" + Engineering school
Global WE ( at matriculation) : 42 months
- 6 months : full-time volunteer ( Local ONG in my hometown)
-16 months : Finance & IT consultant ( IT leader in my country )
- 24 months : Project manager in Risk Management ( Corporate Bank)

I am applying ED and would love to know what are my chances. Do I have to start the other schools apps or wait to hear from CBS ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Hello - looking for input on my odds and whether I should ED?

Background and nationality: white (middle eastern)
Undergrad Information: top 10 public university, degree in economics
GMAT: 730
GPA: 3.35
Work experience and leadership: 3 years Oil & Gas supply chain rotational program (top 3 O&G firm), 1 year finance analyst smaller company (promotion and pay raise, so changed companies)
Community and others: led mentor programs, launched an iOS app that failed
Post MBA goals: consulting
Anything else: Should I ED??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
edited

Originally posted by Vdt on 16 Aug 2018, 11:26.
Last edited by Vdt on 22 Sep 2019, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Background:
Korean-American (born in Brooklyn)
Age 27
GMAT 710

Education:
BBA in Risk Management and Insurance from Temple University
Honors Program, Magna Cum Laude, GPA: 3.76

Work Experience: Total 5 years
Job 1 (2 years) - Global Property Underwriter at world's largest publicly traded insurance company. Analyzed and managed risk for complex multinational property portfolios.

Job 2 (3 years) - Co-Founder/CEO of energy efficiency consulting company. Started the company during my sophomore year of college and worked part-time while working at the insurance firm until it grew to the point where I decided to pursue the energy consulting full-time. Worked with property managers, building owners, etc to convert their facilities to up to 70% efficiency. Portfolio annual savings at about $1M.

Extra curriculars - After winning first place at a business pitch competition for Emerging Young Entrepreneurs, joined as an advisor/assistant director of the program focused on fostering and accelerating underrepresented minority owned businesses to work with government and corporate entities.
At the time of application, will be working in Singapore for a network organization connecting non-profit startup ventures to impact investors and government grants.
In college and throughout my insurance role, contributed to a firm that is dedicated to creating opportunities for asian-americans in leadership roles in corporations.

Post MBA Goal - further hone business strategy consulting skills to support global social enterprises in creating sustainable business models. Long-term goal: create a fund that supports social enterprises with the potential for financial returns for investors.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
christophahn wrote:
Hi everyone,

Background:
Korean-American (born in Brooklyn)
Age 27
GMAT 710

Education:
BBA in Risk Management and Insurance from Temple University
Honors Program, Magna Cum Laude, GPA: 3.76

Work Experience: Total 5 years
Job 1 (2 years) - Global Property Underwriter at world's largest publicly traded insurance company. Analyzed and managed risk for complex multinational property portfolios.

Job 2 (3 years) - Co-Founder/CEO of energy efficiency consulting company. Started the company during my sophomore year of college and worked part-time while working at the insurance firm until it grew to the point where I decided to pursue the energy consulting full-time. Worked with property managers, building owners, etc to convert their facilities to up to 70% efficiency. Portfolio annual savings at about $1M.

Extra curriculars - After winning first place at a business pitch competition for Emerging Young Entrepreneurs, joined as an advisor/assistant director of the program focused on fostering and accelerating underrepresented minority owned businesses to work with government and corporate entities.
At the time of application, will be working in Singapore for a network organization connecting non-profit startup ventures to impact investors and government grants.
In college and throughout my insurance role, contributed to a firm that is dedicated to creating opportunities for asian-americans in leadership roles in corporations.

Post MBA Goal - further hone business strategy consulting skills to support global social enterprises in creating sustainable business models. Long-term goal: create a fund that supports social enterprises with the potential for financial returns for investors.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,
Your profile is quite strong although the weakness I see is the GMAt score. Is there any chance of a retake or are you submitting with this score?
Your goals seem aligned with your role at the non-profit venture work that you are doing. You will have to make a convincing argument for why these goals make sense. Demonstrate your passion and also your understanding of how CBS can help you achieve your goals.
Very strong recommendations can help overcome a low GMAT score, so select your recommenders wisely and make sure they put in excellent recommendations for you.
VP
VP
Send PM
TasneemHoda wrote:
Hello,

Hello @TasneemHoda

Do I stand a realistic chance of getting in? My profile:

1.) Indian Female, 24, Muslim
2.) GMAT: 730 (q50, v39, IR-3( I know it's bad!), AWA-6.0)
3.) Undergrad: Engineering , GPA: 4.0 (according to MBA.com conversion table)
4.) Currently working at Dell Technologies, 2 years of work experience after graduating. (Will be 3 yrs before joining the school)

GMAT is decent (not stellar). keep in mind the Indian IT applicants are a competitive and large pool and usually the GMAT is high. While your GMAT is good and checks the box, it is not a major differentiator. Also, with just 2 years work ex (which is slightly on the lower side. Not a deal breaker, but will require you to showcase more maturity and why you are ready at this stage for an MBA) You can read here on what to highlight in your application.

International work experience: YES (was one of the select few to attend the Dell Annual IT Summit at Austin and learnt a lot from the experience)
Is this a long stint or a few days' summit? Usually a longer stint may count as an international experience. Either way, your learning from this will matter more. So bring that out in your story.

I joined my team as a software analyst but my manager seeing good management and communication skills in me, encouraged me to take up project management and thus I became a project coordinator for my team within 6 months of joining the company. I worked with my team to do anything possible to help them perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, communicating with other teams for requirements, etc. So, you might say I have managing experience as well. I was a Scrum Master for my team and I have a certification of Certified Scrum Master as well.
Decent career progress for 2 years. Showcase your achievements and impact on the business as well. This is what you will have to use to stand out.
5.) Extra-curricular: Vocalist in college band and still sing sometimes at clubs,worked with NGOs to help educate poor muslim girls, blogging, modelling, travelling
That is a decent list. Remember that school/college activities do not carry much weight unless you have done something spectacular. Also, more than a laundry list focus on showcasing the impact and contribution in these activities. You may want to be selective what you choose to tell in your essays.

I was also the networking lead in the IT Development Program in Dell. I have organised numerous events and led all the members(in numbers of 50-60) of the ITDP program on various occasions.

Post MBA goals: Product Marketing Manager in a company I believe in.
Long term goals: Chief Marketing officer , again in a company I believe in.
Tie in your past experience and transferable skills to succeed in such a transition. Also what are the exact missing gaps that an MBA from CBS will fill. Reading here might help.

Please give an honest feedback if I have a shot at getting in. And if not, which schools do you suggest me to apply to?
The outline of your profile is good, but challenge is to a) showcase readiness for MBA now b) tie goals with past skills c) fit with CBS (why CBS?)

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Thanks a bunch!!
Tasneem
VP
VP
Send PM
Vdt wrote:
Hi all - thanks in advance
Hello @Vdt

Indian female with 2 years work experience (3 by the time I join)

Company: J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (Software developer for financial software) This is too generic. Your application will require much deeper mention of your work ex- namely, Career progression, achievements, impact on business etc. With software developers making the biggest pool of applicants, how are you planning to differentiate yourself?
GMAT: 760
Undergrad GPA: 8.57/10
No comments on the GMAT and GPA- good record! Will help a lot.

International Exposure: spent final semester interning at CERN (The European Organization for Nuclear Research), Geneva.Again, like work ex, mention more around your learning and impact here. Bullet points will only take you so far.

Actively involved in various initiatives at work like the "women in tech" movement and pro-bono software development for NGOs [8 month long project].
Volunteered as an english teacher in an NGO for a year in college and then again for the past year.
Interesting activities. Stories behind these will matter more, so make sure you show depth here.

Hobbies: Writing (have a blog), guitarist
In your application, you will need to bring out qualitative strengths in all the admission factors mentioned here

Post MBA goals: Would like to move to consulting With you being on the lower side of work ex, why now? Also why consulting? What transferable skills will you get to make this a successful transition? Reading here might help

Note: I gave my gmat 2 years ago. Will that reduce its impact?Not at all.

You have a good profile in terms of academics. Coming from the large IT pool and with low work ex in terms of years, highlight achievements and maturity to stand apart from other applicants. Also the narrative around career goals needs to built more strongly.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Hi mbaMissionNishaT! MBADecoder!
Can you please evaluate my profile?

Age/ Gender/ Nationality: 26/ Male/ Indian

Education: BE Mech with a cgpa of 7.7/10 (non-IIT NIT). recently completed a 30 hr certificate course in finance.

Work Experience: 4.5 years as a mechanical engineer in a private engineering services company. was involved in R&d under a
retired IIT prof. Lead a team of 4 individuals, all of them elder to me.

Extra curriculars: Was active in plays during college. Also some sporadic volunteer activities that involved creating environmental awareness to kids in schools
through plays, organising cultural events for kids from orphanages throughout the city etc. captain of a local futsal team.

GMAT: 720

Post MBA: Corporate Finance

Short term goal is I would like to get a job as financial analyst at the Big 4s, preferably in the valuation depts. continuing and growing up the corporate ladder
would be my long term goal.

Originally posted by MikeHelios on 17 Aug 2018, 00:02.
Last edited by MikeHelios on 17 Aug 2018, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderator:
234 posts