Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Software Issue [#permalink]
GMATbuster92 wrote:
i think it should start working soon, these kind of incidents are common after their site through a change .

Hmm I've tried to log in a few times since then but seemingly it hasn't worked. I guess ill try again in a few days
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nshah3 wrote:
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.

I'm new to the software as I've only downloaded it today. I've resorted to using the online software for now. I have yet to recieve an update and I'm not sure where i would find one either.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh man. This is annoying.

I do t think we have had a week without some gmat prep or mba.com issues since May. I have been tracking these issues but there have been so many that I lost count.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
nshah3 wrote:
hey guys - do you know if there is any update on this? Been seeing this message for a few hours now.

The online version of the software works, but I don't think any of the work you do on the browser version carries onto the offline software.

Thanks.
I'm able to log in, so that problem seems to have been resolved for now. As for your other question, there is no "sync" between the online and offline versions. They don't even have the same format (the online version uses the current format, whereas the offline version uses the older format).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
nshah3 wrote:

Thanks.
I'm able to log in, so that problem seems to have been resolved for now. As for your other question, there is no "sync" between the online and offline versions. They don't even have the same format (the online version uses the current format, whereas the offline version uses the older format).

Still unable to log on. I'm considering using the online version, but none of the activation codes for the exam packs I purchased last year are being accepted on the online platform. This is frustrating ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
nshah3 wrote:
AjiteshArun wrote:
nshah3 wrote:

Thanks.

Still unable to log on. I'm considering using the online version, but none of the activation codes for the exam packs I purchased last year are being accepted on the online platform. This is frustrating ...

Hi nshah3

Is there an offline version for the NEW format? i read there is only an online version for the NEW format.

Nonetheless the online is not working for me, anybody have a clue, why this could be?

Thanks,
GyM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey GyM,

I don't believe there is an offline GMATPrep version for the new format .. also my bad here because I actually wasn't aware the exam format changed in april until doing some more digging yesterday lol.

From what I read, it seems the online version will be the only one being updated by GMATPrep and the offline software will not be updated for the new format.

Now, my main worry is having to shovel out more money for study materials I had already purchased prior to the format change. I previously bought Question Packs and Exam Packs 3-6 in June 2017, but the activation codes are not valid for the online version.

Really hoping GMAC can provide new activation codes or some sort of account credit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
Hey nshah3

Its alright bud!, i can understand. Ignorance is bliss! lol

I really hope that they will give you new activation codes, or else its a gonna cause a nice lil hole in your pocket. Well, its not that bad though, if you are not in a rush to take the GMAT, i don't mind sharing my code with you, once i am done. I suppose that is okay to do.

Cheers,
GyM

PS - the GMAC site is working & i can access the tests online, albeit on IE, GMAC has no love for Chrome.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMATPrep Software Issue [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nshah3 wrote:
Hey GyM,

I don't believe there is an offline GMATPrep version for the new format .. also my bad here because I actually wasn't aware the exam format changed in april until doing some more digging yesterday lol.

From what I read, it seems the online version will be the only one being updated by GMATPrep and the offline software will not be updated for the new format.

Now, my main worry is having to shovel out more money for study materials I had already purchased prior to the format change. I previously bought Question Packs and Exam Packs 3-6 in June 2017, but the activation codes are not valid for the online version.

Really hoping GMAC can provide new activation codes or some sort of account credit

GMAC did offer to upgrade activation codes purchased after October 2017, but not before. There is no transition plan, credit, or any kind of option for those who have purchased the offline EP's and QP's prior to Oct 2017. Even those who have purchased the products after October, the exchange period is over (it was over in May).

Also, note that the new online platform is only providing access to Exams and Questions for 1 year and a limited number of test reset options....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyM - I appreciate the offer, but I'll splash the cash this time around. After all, it is very well an investment in myself.

bb - thanks for the info! Hopefully, this time around I can conquer GMAT within 1 year timeframe :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Have my GMAT exam exactly after a week. I am getting the same error as people have posted above,"unable to connect to the servers". Any idea how can I take a GMAT prep mock or should I wait for some time and maybe try tomorrow?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm having the same problem. I installed GMATPrep on a new computer last Sunday, but I have not been able to log on to it. It keeps popping out "We are having problems connecting the GMAC servers to process your registration. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet connection is working fine. The OS on my computer is Windows 10.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Krannert wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I installed GMATPrep on a new computer last Sunday, but I have not been able to log on to it. It keeps popping out "We are having problems connecting the GMAC servers to process your registration. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet connection is working fine. The OS on my computer is Windows 10.
It's a problem with their servers. Try taking the tests online. These are based on the new format, so they will be more like the current GMAT exam.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22043 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
As you can see on this thread, you are one of many test-takers experiencing issues with the GMAC website. Did you reach out to the folks at GMAC to alert them to the issue? Are things working for you now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
As you can see on this thread, you are one of many test-takers experiencing issues with the GMAC website. Did you reach out to the folks at GMAC to alert them to the issue? Are things working for you now?

No the programme is still not working for me
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I'm having the same problem over here. I've sent some emails during the week, but received no return. This is really annoying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
ipzamoner wrote:
I'm having the same problem over here. I've sent some emails during the week, but received no return. This is really annoying.

Hi ipzamoner,

Meanwhile, you can try giving the test online as mentioned in the above posts. Online tests are working just fine.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2