Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi venus77,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. I think you have an excellent profile. Indeed, you have a lower than average GPA, which can be countered with a higher than average GMAT. As to your profile, it is imperative that you are introspective in your essays. I'm not sure I get your personal story in your descriptions below - what drives you personally to do what you do?
I hope this helps.

If you would like to continue the conversation live (by phone), feel free to reach out for a free 30-minute consultation. Click here to coordinate.

Good luck!

venus77 wrote:
Would really appreciate an objective review of my profile. I realize I don't have a strong showing of quantitative experience based on my undergraduate majors and work experience, but am hoping that with a 700+ GMAT score, I can be competitive at some of the top schools.

I'm actively applying to Harvard Business School, Yale SOM, MIT Sloan, UW Foster, Georgetown McDonough, and potentially Wharton. Looking to whittle down my list based on what's possible and potentially add a safety school (or 2). I'm applying in the second round because I still need to take the GMAT. Essays are 95% completed. I'm also receiving recommendations from my direct supervisor (Head of Communications) and either one of my company's co-founders (depending on the school). They both work with me daily, have seen me in action, and attended HBS.

Background and nationality: 27 years old, Caucasian American

Undergrad Information: Political Science & Communications double major at UC Berkeley; 3.32 GPA; studied for a semester in Prague and received a 3.53 GPA (not calculated as part of total GPA)

GMAT: Planning to take in November. I know I need above a 730 to make up for low GPA

Work experience and leadership: I have about 5.5 years of post-college work experience. Directly out of college, I started working at a major Public Relations firm, working with top technology and consumer brands including Microsoft, GameStop, and Siemens. In three years, I was promoted three times and regularly received company awards as a result of my performance. For the past 2.5 years, I have worked for a unicorn startup in Silicon Valley as part of a two-person team managing global Public Relations. I report directly to the Head of Communications and work directly with the COO and CEO (both co-founders) and now manage a new member of our team. This year, my boss and I were awarded the most prestigious Public Relations award for "Best In-House Team". Outside of work, I am on the board of a local women's voting group and serve as a public affairs delegate for a statewide women's organization, working directly with state legislators in support of legislation that helps women and children.

Community and others: I spend a lot of time giving back to the community, both within and outside of the women's organizations in which I'm a participant. As part of a program to help students from underprivileged areas in San Francisco, I tutor a 7th grade student in all subject areas. I've been working with her weekly for two years and previously worked with another student for two years, ultimately helping her get into her top choice high school.

Post MBA goals: Post-MBA, I'd like to assume a management role at a startup, ideally in operations. In my current role, I work with all members of our management and executive teams and have seen first-hand what goes into operations and management. I'd like to learn more of those skills while getting my MBA and apply them directly to a role at a rapidly growing company. Long-term, I'd like to start my own company, likely in the consumer space.

Personal brand: I'm a driven and focused female manager at a unicorn startup and am looking to grow my management skills via an MBA.

Personal narrative: I've been integral in the success of my company, raising brand awareness significantly and helping to mitigate risks via crisis communications efforts. My peers would describe me as very calm under pressure and I'm known at my company for being someone who can always get the job done efficiently and effectively. I'm a storyteller by day and an active participant in women's groups by night, working hard to ensure that women leaders are represented in business, the community, and in politics. I'm eager to pursue an MBA in order to build the management and operations skills that I have not yet mastered, with the ultimate goal of one day starting my own company.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello All,
I was hoping to hear some opinions about my situation. I just took the GRE yesterday and did not do well on the Quant; 149. I knew going in, the quant was going to be a weakness but I do not believe that I am bad at math. However, during the study process, I realized my overreliance on rote memory of formulas and computational math skills. Unfortunately, this was the foundation of the math skills I built in high school (ca. 2005), which was the last time I actually studied math. I studied for about 2 months primarily with Magoosh, some Manhattan Prep, and ETS Powerprep mock tests. I didn't even study for Verbal, just spent all that time "re-learning" the math basics and GRE test format.

My dilemma is what steps I should take next since I had originally planned to submit in Round 1 if my scores were good. Of course, I am not happy with my quant score but I had received some interesting advice before. I was told to still submit as long as I was near the profile range. The low-end of the GRE quant range last year was 151, so I am only two points away. My gut tells me to re-take but I understand the odd advice I received, it might have been because of my background. Supposedly my background could differentiate me from other candidates so maybe offset my less than average test-taking abilities?

Background:
- Black American male
- 31 years old
- The theme of my essay is global perspective and my experience traveling the world (especially as a black man)

Work:
- 8 years enlisted (so was not an officer) in the US Military as an intelligence analyst and electronic warfare operator
- Led small special operations and tactical intelligence teams
- Promoted ahead of my peers
- 1 year as a contractor for an unmanned aerial surveillance detachment in Afghanistan
- 3 combat deployments to Iraq. 1 combat deployment to Afghanistan

Academic:
- Completed my undergrad in The Netherlands
- GPA 7.027 on the 10 scale
- GRE: 159V, 149Q
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi,

I scored 690 (Q49, V34) in Gmat. Brief profile is shared below:

Sarthak Doshi (M, 23)

Education
CA (2016) (All India RANK 45 in IPCC)
CFA Level 3 cleared (2017)
Bcom Mumbai University (Distance learning)-72%

Work Exp:
2016-current Indo Thai Securities Ltd (it is listed on NSE BSE) - into broking and Wealth management where I am personally managing around $20mn in equity and debt. I manage two divisions there the retail Broking and Mutual funds.

2015-2016 Nomura Equity Research (Europe and India) - full time industrial trainee - played an important role in initiating Media sector in India.

2014-2015 SGCO and Co - full time article trainee in internal audit- Handeled several listed clients all by myself

2013-2014 Hari bhakti and co - full time article trainee Risk Advisory--client Deutsche Bank

I know the score is not the best. Do I stand any chance in any top 10 colleges Harvard, Wharton, Insead, Booth, Stanford, Kellogg etc
I wanted to know how is my profile and should I appear for Gmat again?
I also wish to get scholarship so would second attempt reduce my chances in any way?
Does applying in second deadline reduce chances of getting selected?

Thanks a lot in advance for help.

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="">www.eddeglobal.com</a><!-- w -->
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey!

EddeGlobal here.

Your profile is definitely interesting and your background is a bit different from other applicants from India, so that is definitely a plus.

The CA and CFA designations don't hurt either. The only thing you might want to think about is deciding whether you want to wait for a year or two before applying. That would give you a chance to add some more experience. That said, applying this year doesn't hurt. Even if you don't get into your target schools this year you can re-apply next year.

Business schools are increasingly open to students re-applying provided they can justify how their profile has improved in the meantime. Plus re-applying shows your commitment to the school.

In short, you're on your way to a good b-school, whether this year or next.

If you want a more detailed discussion on your profile, feel free to find us on google or linkedin and we'd be happy to help.

All the best,
The EddeGlobal Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Just curious what y'all think about my odds for applying for the 2+2 program. Currently I am graduating from arguably the top Petroleum Engineering program in December with a 3.9 GPA (Texas public university). I have had internships at a small boutique investment bank as well as one of the major oil and gas companies and have a full time job offer doing Reservoir Engineering. I have community service on my resume and ran a charity even during my time at university.

I have taken the GMAT before and got a 680 which was much lower than my GMAT practice test scores which were typically around 700-720. I am going to retake it hope to score around a 730-750 after studying for a few months.

Do y'all think I have a good chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hello, I would be grateful if someone could give me an opinion on my 2+2 application below.

School: HBS, (I do not feel Stanford, should I try tho?)

- 23 years old, African male
- 720 GMAT - expected (from mock test results)
- 3.7 GPA ( hoping to get a 4.0 for major GPA) - from low-tier school in Europe - delayed graduation due to depression - thoroughly explained in the essay and supported by recommenders
- Got admitted to study a Masters degree in Public policy from a top 20 school in Europe; n.1 in the country
- Current ECs include:
Mentor for youths that are depressed or rejected at an association, using my experience gave talks & advice about failure & depression and how to overcome it,
Member of the LGBT community where I give talks about mental and sexual health,
Charity fundraiser for an association in an African country

- Started 2 startups during my first year at uni, one I sold to a family friend and the other failed;
- interned in finance, in investment management
- working now on another startup before starting my masters next semester

- pre-mba goals: working in development banking and consulting & entrepreneurship
- Post MBA short-term goals: entrepreneurship in healthcare/pharmaceuticals sector in Africa
- Post MBA long-term goals: Building startup incubators in Africa
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi jimmybananas,

Thank you for sharing such a great profile. I think you can add a great perspective to Harvard's cohort. I do recommend work hard on getting a 730 + GMAT score especially since your undergraduate degree is not from a top-tier program (they cannot see your performance in the Master's program if you haven't taken any classes yet (feel free to correct me if I misunderstood your notes)). How is your public policy master's degree related to your post-MBA goals? You will need to make the connection between your undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as your career aspirations. Be sure to be introspective in the admissions material, especially essays, as they will be the differentiating factors.

Happy to continue the conversation with a free 30-minute consultation. If interested, click here to coordinate.

Good luck!

jimmybananas wrote:
Hello, I would be grateful if someone could give me an opinion on my 2+2 application below.

School: HBS, (I do not feel Stanford, should I try tho?)

- 23 years old, African male
- 720 GMAT - expected (from mock test results)
- 3.7 GPA ( hoping to get a 4.0 for major GPA) - from low-tier school in Europe - delayed graduation due to depression - thoroughly explained in the essay and supported by recommenders
- Got admitted to study a Masters degree in Public policy from a top 20 school in Europe; n.1 in the country
- Current ECs include:
Mentor for youths that are depressed or rejected at an association, using my experience gave talks & advice about failure & depression and how to overcome it,
Member of the LGBT community where I give talks about mental and sexual health,
Charity fundraiser for an association in an African country

- Started 2 startups during my first year at uni, one I sold to a family friend and the other failed;
- interned in finance, in investment management
- working now on another startup before starting my masters next semester

- pre-mba goals: working in development banking and consulting & entrepreneurship
- Post MBA short-term goals: entrepreneurship in healthcare/pharmaceuticals sector in Africa
- Post MBA long-term goals: Building startup incubators in Africa
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Background and nationality:
American Caucasian
Undergrad Information:
Double major in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mathematics with two minors in Nuclear and Aerospace Engineering 3.78/4 GPA at a public school in VA
GMAT: 164/167 on GRE
Work experience and leadership:
48 months in the army starting as a Platoon leader all the way to the BN S4 (Logistics Officer). I have led teams from 43 to 3 personnel in high intensity environments. I led redeployment from the Baltics and was in charge of coordinating and executing million dollar contract. Creating lasting impact through the establishment of procedures for moving equipment throughout the Baltics for follow on units.
Community and others : Vice president of Marathon club at College. Volunteered with children whose parents were deployed and ate breakfast with them.
Post MBA goals: Manage a team that creates effeciences and improves the overall supply chain management of a Company. Staring out at an operational level and eventually I fluencing strategic level decisions.

Anything else? Have international experiences through a deployment this past year. Can speak French and some Arabic.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Jack Ryan, is that you? :)
Stephenm0518 wrote:
Background and nationality:
American Caucasian
Undergrad Information:
Double major in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mathematics with two minors in Nuclear and Aerospace Engineering 3.78/4 GPA at a public school in VA
GMAT: 164/167 on GRE
Work experience and leadership:
48 months in the army starting as a Platoon leader all the way to the BN S4 (Logistics Officer). I have led teams from 43 to 3 personnel in high intensity environments. I led redeployment from the Baltics and was in charge of coordinating and executing million dollar contract. Creating lasting impact through the establishment of procedures for moving equipment throughout the Baltics for follow on units.
Community and others : Vice president of Marathon club at College. Volunteered with children whose parents were deployed and ate breakfast with them.
Post MBA goals: Manage a team that creates effeciences and improves the overall supply chain management of a Company. Staring out at an operational level and eventually I fluencing strategic level decisions.

Anything else? Have international experiences through a deployment this past year. Can speak French and some Arabic.

Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Thanks in advance for reviewing my profile. Shall look forward to objective advice in terms of starting the application

Background and nationality: Indian , Gender: F

Undergrad Information : B-Tech from West Bengal University of Technology (9.02/10) Electronics & Communication

Graduation and Masters: MBA from Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (3.7/4.33) Top 5 in Batch

GMAT: 720

Work experience and leadership : Tata Group Leadership Program ( TAS) with experience in functional areas of sales & marketing, strategy across industries like FMCG, lifestyle retail and education. Previous to my MBA have worked in IT consulting for 1.5 years. Total Work Experience (4 years)
Professional achievement: Set up the customer experience program for the largest lifestyle retailing company in India, driving growth in repeat business by 25% and leading the organization to win multiple National and International accolades for leading the curve in service design and customer experience ( Mostly notable being listed as a global case study in KPMG's customer experience thought paper, being recognized by industry bodies like NASSCOM and being a finalist at International Cx Awards 2018 )

Community and others : 3 months of immersive work in tribal education based out of a remote village in India
Trained in Indian classical music and have won multiple debates at intra and inter college competitions

Post MBA goals: General Management/ Consulting

Anything else?
I am working in a very niche domain of customer experience and service design in a highly acclaimed leadership program in India, the Tata Administrative Services, As part of Tata Group Leadership Program participant I have had cross-functional experience in Sales, Marketing and Strategy functions in FMCG, Retail and developmental sectors. Previous to this, I have earned a masters degree in Business Management from IIM Kozhikode, one of the most premier institutions in India.

My motivation for a second MBA is a global exposure and more importantly the experience of attending Harvard University.

I have had a fairly meritorious academic record, moderate exposure to diverse extra-curricular activities like Indian Classical music, debates, news article writing, swimming and a continuous track record of shouldering leadership responsibilities at school, college and at work along with a decent exposure to social development project having spent 3 months in a remote village in Jharkhand district of India in setting up Tata Trusts foray into tribal education in the area.

At the personal front I had lost my dad as a child of 10 years and the emotional, financial and social trauma of trying to make ends meet with my brave but severely ailing mother, has made me stronger as a person.

I am broadly aware about the stellar profiles which compete for a seat in HBS and am really eager to polish my application to be able to make the cut.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Jukta89,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. I like what I read, and would love to learn more about your history. From what I see, I would urge you to consider retaking the GMAT if you think you can increase your overall score by 10-20 points. Aside from that, I strongly recommend you build a strategy to telling your story to the HBS adcom. Telling your story (personal history, work experience, community engagement, motivations) in a genuine way is pivotal. You must also convey why a second MBA makes sense and why you require it to progress in your chosen field. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Jukta89 wrote:
Thanks in advance for reviewing my profile. Shall look forward to objective advice in terms of starting the application

Background and nationality: Indian , Gender: F

Undergrad Information : B-Tech from West Bengal University of Technology (9.02/10) Electronics & Communication

Graduation and Masters: MBA from Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (3.7/4.33) Top 5 in Batch

GMAT: 720

Work experience and leadership : Tata Group Leadership Program ( TAS) with experience in functional areas of sales & marketing, strategy across industries like FMCG, lifestyle retail and education. Previous to my MBA have worked in IT consulting for 1.5 years. Total Work Experience (4 years)
Professional achievement: Set up the customer experience program for the largest lifestyle retailing company in India, driving growth in repeat business by 25% and leading the organization to win multiple National and International accolades for leading the curve in service design and customer experience ( Mostly notable being listed as a global case study in KPMG's customer experience thought paper, being recognized by industry bodies like NASSCOM and being a finalist at International Cx Awards 2018 )

Community and others : 3 months of immersive work in tribal education based out of a remote village in India
Trained in Indian classical music and have won multiple debates at intra and inter college competitions

Post MBA goals: General Management/ Consulting

Anything else?
I am working in a very niche domain of customer experience and service design in a highly acclaimed leadership program in India, the Tata Administrative Services, As part of Tata Group Leadership Program participant I have had cross-functional experience in Sales, Marketing and Strategy functions in FMCG, Retail and developmental sectors. Previous to this, I have earned a masters degree in Business Management from IIM Kozhikode, one of the most premier institutions in India.

My motivation for a second MBA is a global exposure and more importantly the experience of attending Harvard University.

I have had a fairly meritorious academic record, moderate exposure to diverse extra-curricular activities like Indian Classical music, debates, news article writing, swimming and a continuous track record of shouldering leadership responsibilities at school, college and at work along with a decent exposure to social development project having spent 3 months in a remote village in Jharkhand district of India in setting up Tata Trusts foray into tribal education in the area.

At the personal front I had lost my dad as a child of 10 years and the emotional, financial and social trauma of trying to make ends meet with my brave but severely ailing mother, has made me stronger as a person.

I am broadly aware about the stellar profiles which compete for a seat in HBS and am really eager to polish my application to be able to make the cut.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I am a Male chemical engineer of indian origin (UK national) looking to see if you guys can guide me with my odds at Harvard/Stanford/Sloan. I have lived in around 7 countries including all countries within UK.

GMAT - 730 (can retake to get 750+ if needed as I only did 4 week of prep).

Undergraduate - Top 20 world (Russel Group in UK) - Bachelors of Chemical Engineering - First Class (Think its 4 in GPA).

Postgraduate - Top 100 world Red Brick Russel Group in UK/top 3-5 for Chem Eng in UK - MSc Chemical Engineering - Merit (missed out distinction by 1%) - not sure what the GPA is.

Work Experience - 3 years at Tata Steel across UK/Netherlands/France. Worked as engineer and strategy consultant with promotion in year 2 to engineering manager position that usually takes normal graduates atleast 10 years of experience.

I know TATA has close links with HBS due to a donation by Ratan Tata - Harvard AMP and Tata Steel alumni.

I have heard that international GPAs matter less due to only USA GPAs affecting the rankings and that steel industry is a unique one in business school. I know being indian engineer is not ideal but looking to see what you guys think and was wondering if my engineering background and GMAT will offset my merit in postgraduate :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi multirealman,

Thank you for your post. Overall you have a great profile. As you pointed out, you fall under the "Indian Engineer" applicant pool. Because of that, I recommend you retake the GMAT and try and score higher. As I mentioned in my previous post, H/S/M look for more than just high quantitative score; they look to admit those who are well rounded (qualitative perspective). I recommend you address your values, your motivators, and your aspirations in your essays to each school. Of course, you will also need to state why is it that you require an MBA and why from each school (obviously extensive research is necessary to address the latter component). I hope this helps.

Good luck!

multirealman wrote:
Hello,

I am a Male chemical engineer of indian origin (UK national) looking to see if you guys can guide me with my odds at Harvard/Stanford/Sloan. I have lived in around 7 countries including all countries within UK.

GMAT - 730 (can retake to get 750+ if needed as I only did 4 week of prep).

Undergraduate - Top 20 world (Russel Group in UK) - Bachelors of Chemical Engineering - First Class (Think its 4 in GPA).

Postgraduate - Top 100 world Red Brick Russel Group in UK/top 3-5 for Chem Eng in UK - MSc Chemical Engineering - Merit (missed out distinction by 1%) - not sure what the GPA is.

Work Experience - 3 years at Tata Steel across UK/Netherlands/France. Worked as engineer and strategy consultant with promotion in year 2 to engineering manager position that usually takes normal graduates atleast 10 years of experience.

I know TATA has close links with HBS due to a donation by Ratan Tata - Harvard AMP and Tata Steel alumni.

I have heard that international GPAs matter less due to only USA GPAs affecting the rankings and that steel industry is a unique one in business school. I know being indian engineer is not ideal but looking to see what you guys think and was wondering if my engineering background and GMAT will offset my merit in postgraduate :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Did fairly poor in undergrad. While in college, was a caretaker to an ailing single parent battling cancer who unfortunately did end up passing away. The death of my parent really did impact me emotionally and physically and as a result my grades suffered.

Nationality
African American (Black)

Academic
B.A. in Humanities Top 25 Liberal Arts College
Cumulative GPA - 2.7

GMAT

Work Experience
Summer Marketing Intern at well-known consumer media company (think Disney, HBO, Spotify)
Associate Product Manager at high-growth, stealth start-up (think ZocDoc, Lyft, Airbnb) for 1.5 years
Associate Product Marketing Manager at top consumer tech company (think Google or Facebook) for 2.0 years (at time of matriculation)

Extracurriculars
Very involved in diversity and inclusion initiatives across all experiences. Leadership roles also abundant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.45
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
Hi there ,
Request you to help evaluate my profile for Harvard intake .

- Nationality : indian.

Work Experience : 11 years.

Industry : Retail.

Bach. Degree : from National Institute of Fashion Technology , India.
GPA : 3.35.

GMAT : Yet to take the exam , targeting Oct '18 end.

Professional Experience :
1. Job 1 ( 18 Months ) : started with India's then biggest retailer as management trainee mainly into product and vendor management for Women's western wear. Key takeaways were Industry experience and vendor management .

2. Job 2 ( 17 months ) : Started Working with a global Sportswear brand as Asst. Product Buyer , got introduced to dynamics of an international brand environment , used my previous learning to improve Product and processes for the brand.

3.Job 3 ( 36 Months ) : Started working as Manager - Merchandising for a Global Fashion retailer, which had just entered the Indian market space then , spearheading the merchandising and product department . With previous exposure of International brand dynamics , was able to set a up the merchandising dept from scratch to multiple retail stores in India.

4. Job 4 ( 60 Months ) : Joined the current biggest retailer in India started working with yet another international and Global sportswear brand. Currently heading their Merchandising/ product / sales Departments . Have seen through the brand journey from 2 points of sale to 60 points of sale and big ECOM portfolio considering the current ECOM boom in India. The job gave the much required International exposure considering multiple trips to Brand headquarters based in France and working with the French Brand team for almost 5 years now.

Extra Curricular :
Have won multiple awards in School time for various GK Quiz.
Have also been involved in various activities like choreographing a complete Fashion show during college festivals.
Unfortunately , No Volunteer work as of now.

PLs let me know .

Thanks
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi FusciaCricket,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry about your parent's passing.

I would like to learn more about professional background and career aspirations to adequately review your profile. As you pointed out, your undergraduate GPA is low. I do recommend you talk about that experience either in your personal statement or as an addendum to the application.

Good luck!

FusciaCricket wrote:
Did fairly poor in undergrad. While in college, was a caretaker to an ailing single parent battling cancer who unfortunately did end up passing away. The death of my parent really did impact me emotionally and physically and as a result my grades suffered.

Nationality
African American (Black)

Academic
B.A. in Humanities Top 25 Liberal Arts College
Cumulative GPA - 2.7

GMAT

Work Experience
Summer Marketing Intern at well-known consumer media company (think Disney, HBO, Spotify)
Associate Product Manager at high-growth, stealth start-up (think ZocDoc, Lyft, Airbnb) for 1.5 years
Associate Product Marketing Manager at top consumer tech company (think Google or Facebook) for 2.0 years (at time of matriculation)

Extracurriculars
Very involved in diversity and inclusion initiatives across all experiences. Leadership roles also abundant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I am applying to harvard in the next few months (R2). please let me know what you guys think!

Background and nationality: Singaporean Male, age 29 (will be 30 when I join the MBA)
Undergrad Information: Singapore Management University (majored in Quantitative Finance, GPA 3.0, my class only had 30 people out of the 2k+ that were in my school, so the average GPA was between 2.9-3.1)

GMAT: 650

Work experience and leadership (total 4 years now, will be 5 by the time i join):
1) worked as an algo-trader at a tier 1 investment bank in singapore
2) currently working at a mexican startup (in mexico), where i'm head of all securitizations and strategic planning. have raised USD 90 mm so far for the company (making us the most well funded startup in mexico). led one of the first asset purchase programs in Latin American history between an international bank and a start up. work constantly with top tier VCs for funding + day to day operations. only finance person in the company that programs

Community and others:
- spent 2 years in the singapore army (was a 1st lieutenant in the army). ran local and overseas missions, had a platoon of 50 men under me.
- am a semi-professional standup comedian. have performed in 3 different countries. have opened for several top comedians in mexico. one of the few to do standup in both spanish and english

Post MBA goals
- want to shift to consulting/IBD. relates closely with my current job of solving problems/helping w funding. with the MBA, I'd want to scale these responsibilities.

Anything else?
I'm trilingual. English, Hindi and Spanish all at professional working capacity/native fluency
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  53   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts