Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.45
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

I am an Indian Female 30, 6 years experience in mainly IT within various sectors ( Automotive, Printing, Telekom) in Europe.

Education - Bachelors ->Normal university ( 69%), Masters -> European leading university in software engineering (CGPA - 3.7+), Publication in a top scientific journal.

Experience - Business Analyst- Development, and design of system architecture of a whole new automotive product and a face lift for a previous one.
Software Engineer ( Also conducted pre-sales, development, project management for 3 big customers in Germany),
Data engineering - Telecommunications industry

GMAT yet to take (last attempt 680) : Aiming 720 atleast

Community and others(most recent ones): Campaign face for educating women in IT within Europe ( taught programming for women in various workshops), Acting as accountability partner in a club providing career counselling for mothers, Designed and developed a product prototype to enable digital services for blind customers in printing sector.

Post-MBA goals: Getting into strategy/Innovation to see the other side of product apart from development. Long term - Entrepreneur in the hospitality sector.
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello berliner18

The 'stats' of your profile are decent, if you attain that target GMAT.
Further success will depend on how well you bring out the 'qualitative' side as well.
Focus on all the admission factors mentioned here and tie it in with a compelling need of an MBA (read here) in your written application.
For HEC, it will help to showcase an international outlook as well (don't confuse it with international experience).

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

berliner18 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian Female 30, 6 years experience in mainly IT within various sectors ( Automotive, Printing, Telekom) in Europe.

Education - Bachelors ->Normal university ( 69%), Masters -> European leading university in software engineering (CGPA - 3.7+), Publication in a top scientific journal.

Experience - Business Analyst- Development, and design of system architecture of a whole new automotive product and a face lift for a previous one.
Software Engineer ( Also conducted pre-sales, development, project management for 3 big customers in Germany),
Data engineering - Telecommunications industry

GMAT yet to take (last attempt 680) : Aiming 720 atleast

Community and others(most recent ones): Campaign face for educating women in IT within Europe ( taught programming for women in various workshops), Acting as accountability partner in a club providing career counselling for mothers, Designed and developed a product prototype to enable digital services for blind customers in printing sector.

Post-MBA goals: Getting into strategy/Innovation to see the other side of product apart from development. Long term - Entrepreneur in the hospitality sector.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Send PM
berliner18 wrote:
Hi,

<<snip>>

A few thoughts on your profile berliner18:

1. The work profile and especially the BA roles sounds good - assuming that means a lot more business than tech alone. The post-MBA plan however needs more granularity. Read here.
  2. The higher score will definitely help. So will the ECs - HEC and European programs especially value such efforts.
  3. The GMAT will be very useful. You have not mentioned any brands you have been associated with - this will be important to understand and judge the relative importance of your work.

Overall, play your cards right and things should definitely be very interesting for you.

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: ESADE '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
Send PM
Hello everyone ..
Greetings for the day!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile for MBA programme at HEC Paris !

25 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.2 CGPA / 10
(Automobile Engineering, SRM University)

Work Experience - 36months & continuing..
Working in Hyundai Motors India R&D Center

Languages : English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Korean (basics)

Achievements in Hyundai :
3 Patents (applied in US, SouthKorea, India & China)
Best innovation award
Inter company sports badminton winner
Selected for Technical Paper Presentation at Hyundai Motors Korea (I was the only one selected from entire department)
Presented a Paper at FISITA World Automotive Congress

Achievements in University :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship(among top 10 in entire department)
Was part of “National champion” formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance.

International Exposure :
I interact and work with Koreans on daily basis.
Presented a Technical Paper and handled two projects for a duration of 3 weeks in South Korea.
Participated in a formula student event in Germany. Duration : 2weeks

Extra curricular :
I play piano and participated in various cultural events at Hyundai
I read lots of business books
I like working on social issues during my free time and presented several papers with innovative solutions.

I will be taking my Gmat on 1st week of November and I am aiming for 710+

Should I apply for Sept’19 intake or wait for little more and apply in the 1st round of Jan’20 intake?

Looking forward for the valuable feedback !
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Eeshangeel

The contours of your profile look pretty solid for HEC.
Past acads, expected GMAT, international exposure, all work in your favor. You may want to read here to know what factors to highlight in your written application.
Not sure what your career goals are though- they will play a vital part in your written application and assessing your final fit at HEC. You can read here to add to your research on career goals.
Since you will be taking the GMAT in Nov, you will be applying in the later rounds. Applying for Jan 20 intake might be better as you will be applying to R1 mostly (please check the dates) and applying earlier is always better considering the large pool of applicants you belong to.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Eeshangeel wrote:
Hello everyone ..
Greetings for the day!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile for MBA programme at HEC Paris !

25 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.2 CGPA / 10
(Automobile Engineering, SRM University)

Work Experience - 36months & continuing..
Working in Hyundai Motors India R&D Center

Languages : English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Korean (basics)

Achievements in Hyundai :
3 Patents (applied in US, SouthKorea, India & China)
Best innovation award
Inter company sports badminton winner
Selected for Technical Paper Presentation at Hyundai Motors Korea (I was the only one selected from entire department)
Presented a Paper at FISITA World Automotive Congress

Achievements in University :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship(among top 10 in entire department)
Was part of “National champion” formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance.

International Exposure :
I interact and work with Koreans on daily basis.
Presented a Technical Paper and handled two projects for a duration of 3 weeks in South Korea.
Participated in a formula student event in Germany. Duration : 2weeks

Extra curricular :
I play piano and participated in various cultural events at Hyundai
I read lots of business books
I like working on social issues during my free time and presented several papers with innovative solutions.

I will be taking my Gmat on 1st week of November and I am aiming for 710+

Should I apply for Sept’19 intake or wait for little more and apply in the 1st round of Jan’20 intake?

Looking forward for the valuable feedback !
Thank you

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you very much for taking time and providing me with your valuable feedback.

My experience is just 3years as of now (4 years by the time I join). Will it be a downside while reviewing my application ?
I saw the avg experience at HEC is 6 years !

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Eeshangeel

Should not be a deal breaker as such. Be prepared to show more maturity and a career progress that is quicker than that of your peers.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Eeshangeel wrote:
Thank you very much for taking time and providing me with your valuable feedback.

My experience is just 3years as of now (4 years by the time I join). Will it be a downside while reviewing my application ?

Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Eeshangeel,
Your profile looks rich. You have a chance at much higher ranked schools, especially those wherein your post MBA employment could be better. Any particular reason you want to apply to HEC?

Posted from my mobile device
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Eeshangeel wrote:

Eeshangeel,
Your profile looks rich. You have a chance at much higher ranked schools, especially those wherein your post MBA employment could be better. Any particular reason you want to apply to HEC?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
Eeshangeel wrote:

Eeshangeel,

Thanks for your opinion !
Can you please suggest me some schools? (with better post mba employment)

I have chosen HEC because i have read it is a very reputed B school in Europe, has good employment record post mba and i felt for my profile I have possibility of getting scholarship. And also France has 2 years stay back option for Indians.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1034 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Send PM
Hello, please help to evaluate my profile:
Nationality: Vietnamese
Major: Economics
GMAT: aiming at 700+
IELTS: 7.5
WE: 11 months in PwC as a Tax Consultant, 10 month in Samsung Electronics and 10 month in Australian company

Social activity: no outstanding activity, only 2 times participated in MUN Malaysia

I am aiming to apply for HEC and ESSEC in September 2019 intake, so I am looking forward to hearing your feedbacks.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Skyline393 on 04 Oct 2018, 12:28.
Last edited by Skyline393 on 17 Dec 2018, 22:40, edited 2 times in total.
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Skyline393,

thank you for your post.

We're going to need a bit more detail in order to assess your profile.

(a) Which positions did you hold at Samsung and that Australian company?

(b) Do you have any international experience? Are you living (or have lived) outside of Vietnam?

(c) What are your career goals?

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Alex
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1034 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Send PM
Hello thanks for your response.

1. My position is Senior planning staff (Samsung), Data Analyst at Australian company

2. I just only live in Vietnam

3. My career goal is to work at consulting firm inside Europe (France/ Netherland/ Switzerland/Germany...)

I aim to apply Master of International Finance in HEC and Master of finance in ESSEC

Thank you.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.25
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM