Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:30 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Need advice [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Haas & MIT are both great schools for entrepreneurship but given how tough your demographic is (and the fact that it's one that tends to have 740+ GMAT scores at these top schools) they are both going to be more in the reach category. Schools like HBS & Stanford are obviously strong in these areas as well but I think they would really be a stretch - more difficult to get into than Haas or MIT. UT Austin would definitely be one to seriously consider. They are very strong when it comes to entrepreneurship and you'd have a good shot at it. Ross would be a bit of a stretch but less difficult to get into than MIT or Haas. USC would be one to consider as well.

I will say that entrepreneurship is one of the toughest goals when it comes to applying to b-school. You'll need to have a well thought out idea (what unmet need do you plan to address?) & be able to convince the adcom that you can go up against the big players (who will have more resources than you) and succeed. It is also a very common goal, whereas operations is not - so it may be worth giving some thought to a possible operations goal instead!

If you'd like some help thinking through it definitely reach out to us & Claudia can set you up with a free consultation with one of our MBA consultants. You can reach her at claudia@admissionado.com. The goals are a critical piece since your argument for why MBA/why xyz school rests on them!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Oxford "21
Send PM
Re: Need advice [#permalink]
Hi All,

It would be great if someone could evaluate my profile.

I am a 26 year old Indian female with computer science engineering background with exposure in various sectors (education,public health and technology)

I am looking for admissions in ISB, IMD, IE, Asian MBA Colleges and also integrated MPA-MBA programs.

GMAT

Quantitative - 49 -75 percentile
Verbal-35- 76 percentile
AWA-5/6
IR-2/8

Overall Gmat score-690

Work experience

[*]Engineering graduate from Cochin University( CUSAT) specialized in Computer Science.
[*]Total of 5 years of work experience of technology in Banking and Finance domain from Tata Consulting Services(TCS), technology consulting in Public Health in an international health policy consulting company and Fellowship in Teach for India
[*]Presently working as a Fellow with Teach for India in an underprivileged low in come school as a service to society and understanding grass root level problems of society

Work experience in TCS
[*]Client Servicing
[*]Service Delivery
[*]Stake Holder Management
[*]Vendor Management
[*]Quality Analysis
[*]Business Analysis

Work experience in public health
[*]Worked closely with a national government body of India for an initial assessment study of an online integrated data centric system. Undertook quantitative and qualitative assessments for the same.

[*]Currently working as a Teach for India fellow in an underprivileged low income school. Took initiative of many technology driven projects to assess impact of education in technology.

Request to kindly evaluate my profile

Posted from my mobile device
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts