Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30776 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Re: Which verbal prep? 3rd GMAT attempt didn't go so well [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi hanamana,

I am sorry that your scores were not in line with your expectations. I see that you are looking at multiple courses that will help you reach your target score. Below are the considerations that I think you should keep in mind while selecting a course:

How should you choose a prep course?

While reviewing the courses you must look at the following factors:
    1. Will the course work for you? Look at the free trial resources of various courses out there and evaluate their teaching methodologies. Choose the one which suits your needs.
    2. Is the course proven to deliver success to students like you? – Look at the reviews of courses out there and see what others have to say and then decide.

Some Success Stories of students who showed considerable improvement in Verbal to reach their target score

Arjun improved from 610 (Q48 V26) to 730 (Q49 V41) with the Verbal Online course. Click here to view his video interview.
    Nishant improved from a V27 to V41. Click here to read his amazing success story.
    Rhea improved from a V32 (620)to V41 (760) in 40 days. Click here to watch her inspiring video interview. Click here to read her de-brief.
    • Learn how Martina improved from 620 to 730 in just 3 weeks.(V31 to V46 ). Click here to watch her interview.
    Nihal improved from a V25 (630) to V41 (760). Click here to read his debrief.

EXPERIENCE THE e-GMAT FREE TRIAL

I’m sharing some direct links of free trial material with you which can help you evaluate our course better. More of them (25 video lessons and 380+ practice questions) are available on your free trial dashboard.
    • Learn to identify "Verb-ed" forms that don’t act as verbs - Play Video Lesson
    • Learn to understand the "Main Point" or purpose of a RC Paragraph - Play Video Lesson

Attend Free SC Webinar this weekend

We are conducting a free SC webinar this weekend which focuses on how meaning and logic can help you tackle every SC question. Register here to reserve your spot.

Hope this helps! If you have any specific queries regarding e-GMAT, please write to us at support@e-gmat.com. We will be happy to answer.

Regards,
Aditee
Manager
Manager
Send PM
egmat wrote:
Hi hanamana,

I am sorry that your scores were not in line with your expectations. I see that you are looking at multiple courses that will help you reach your target score. Below are the considerations that I think you should keep in mind while selecting a course:

How should you choose a prep course?

While reviewing the courses you must look at the following factors:
    1. Will the course work for you? Look at the free trial resources of various courses out there and evaluate their teaching methodologies. Choose the one which suits your needs.
    2. Is the course proven to deliver success to students like you? – Look at the reviews of courses out there and see what others have to say and then decide.

Some Success Stories of students who showed considerable improvement in Verbal to reach their target score

Arjun improved from 610 (Q48 V26) to 730 (Q49 V41) with the Verbal Online course. Click here to view his video interview.
    Nishant improved from a V27 to V41. Click here to read his amazing success story.
    Rhea improved from a V32 (620)to V41 (760) in 40 days. Click here to watch her inspiring video interview. Click here to read her de-brief.
    • Learn how Martina improved from 620 to 730 in just 3 weeks.(V31 to V46 ). Click here to watch her interview.
    Nihal improved from a V25 (630) to V41 (760). Click here to read his debrief.

EXPERIENCE THE e-GMAT FREE TRIAL

I’m sharing some direct links of free trial material with you which can help you evaluate our course better. More of them (25 video lessons and 380+ practice questions) are available on your free trial dashboard.
    • Learn to identify "Verb-ed" forms that don’t act as verbs - Play Video Lesson
    • Learn to understand the "Main Point" or purpose of a RC Paragraph - Play Video Lesson

Attend Free SC Webinar this weekend

We are conducting a free SC webinar this weekend which focuses on how meaning and logic can help you tackle every SC question. Register here to reserve your spot.

Hope this helps! If you have any specific queries regarding e-GMAT, please write to us at support@e-gmat.com. We will be happy to answer.

Regards,
Aditee

Hi Aditee,

Thank you :) I just signed up for a free trial and see if I like it or not!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hanamana,

It's certainly possible that you might perform better overall if you begin your Exam with the Verbal section instead of the Quant section. If you truly are dealing with significant fatigue 'issues' on Test Day though, then we have to take a closer look at the lead-up to Test Day and Test Day itself:

1) What did you do in the 3 days before your GMAT?
2) How did you sleep the night before your Test?
3) How long was the travel time to the Test Center from your home? What time was your Test appointment?
4) Were there any distractions at the facility or during the Test?
5) What did you do during the two 8-minute breaks?
6) Did you finish any sections early?
7) Did you have to rush to finish any sections (and guess on questions just to finish on time)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37297 posts