Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Beginner looking for online quant course [#permalink]
Kudos
I benefited a lot from Target Test Prep.

They have a free 5 day trial, you might want to try that out to see if it works for you.
Personally, I really like their curriculum as well as the user interface.

Best regards & good luck with your prep,
Chris
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi maddy12,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Shri15kumar wrote:
maddy12 wrote:
Hi,

I am a GMAT beginner. I recently started studying for GMAT but haven't taken practice test yet. I am also a non-native speaker.
I am looking for online course - preferably with tutor or live course that will help me prepare for Quant section of GMAT. I am weak in math and very much out of practice.
Please suggest.

I am leaning towards e-gmat verbal for Verbal section after going through many posts here. Also, planning to follow the 3 month study plan that was in sticky notes.

Thanks in advance.

Hello maddy12,

Welcome to the Forum!

First of all, there are many tutors available on the forum and as well as Prep companies. about using the study material I would recommend to strictly prefer the OG as it is the only material close to the actual Questions. for Maths practice you can prefer Manhattan and Egmat is good for learning verbal!

All the Best! do Well.
Give Kudos! Thank you!

Thanks for reply. Do you have suggestion for tutors on GMAT club? I think I need a dedicated support and guidance to improve my score significantly.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32897 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
maddy12 wrote:
Hi,

I am a GMAT beginner. I recently started studying for GMAT but haven't taken practice test yet. I am also a non-native speaker.
I am looking for online course - preferably with tutor or live course that will help me prepare for Quant section of GMAT. I am weak in math and very much out of practice.
Please suggest.

I am leaning towards e-gmat verbal for Verbal section after going through many posts here. Also, planning to follow the 3 month study plan that was in sticky notes.

Thanks in advance.

Best Quant Online Courses

1. Target Test Prep
2. Math Revolution

If Cost matters a lot then

1. GMAT PrepNOW is also a good option for math, i watched the videos of GMAT Prep Now and they are excelent.

Good Luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
maddy12 wrote:
Hi,

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Hi maddy12,

You can try out the Math revolution course as it is phenomenal and covers the entire syllabus really well. Plus it has great reviews on GMATCLUB. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice.

Hope this helps. All the best.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
maddy12 wrote:
Hi,

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

This may be a starting place: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/prep ... -in-a-day/
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi maddy12,

Well, I can’t disagree with Arro44 and SajjadAhmad :). In all seriousness, since you are looking for quant help, TTP would be an awesome resource for you. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club.

Below are some key reasons why GMAT students have found success with Target Test Prep.

-- We meticulously created TTP questions to properly emulate the questions on the actual GMAT. TTP questions are extremely similar in form and function to the questions you’ll see on test day.

-- We offer more than 3,000 realistic practice GMAT Quant questions, each with a crystal clear, clean, actionable solution. We know that when you are preparing for the GMAT, proper practice makes perfect.

-- We teach every concept, strategy, tool, and technique that you need to crush your competition and earn a top GMAT Quant score. When you study with TTP, you leave nothing to chance.

-- We provide you with a personalized, smart, strategic plan of study to follow, whatever your starting point and score goal. You’ll always know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.

-- We wrote the TTP course with the goal of making GMAT math come to life and making GMAT math mastery attainable for all students.

-- We ensure that you are truly learning every lesson and retaining what you learn. Each major topic is supported by realistic practice questions that underscore what has been discussed.

-- We actively engage you in learning with more than 800 instructor-led videos that teach the high-value skills necessary for achieving a high score.

-- We offer comprehensive analytics that allow you to quickly locate areas in which you’re weak, so that you can turn those weak areas into strong ones.

-- We designed the TTP course to utilize best practices in teaching and learning and implement many of the most important discoveries in learning theory and cognitive neuroscience, helping you to prepare more efficiently and maximize your outcome.

If you would like to discuss Target Test Prep further, feel free to reach out to me directly.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 385 [0]
Given Kudos: 2380
Send PM
I found Math Revolution was not good for beginners. The videos seemed to be begin with extremely difficult questions and then finish with extremely easy questions often enough (it's not because I improved markedly in a 10 min video).
The videos also seemed to spend time on simple things while skipping over some difficult points.

I completed many of the videos and had to ask others and research material to understand what happened in videos. Maybe if you're already solid it helps to get you over the line, but it is likely not best at getting you up close to that line
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16594 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi maddy12,

Math Revolution offers many great materials for beginners. You can build your math basics by watching our “Math Review” videos (5 hours). We also have over 2,700 questions available through our site. All lectures are categorized based on subject matter, so you can begin with any subject that you wish to improve on. Also our questions are always up-to-date. Don’t waste your time learning outdated approaches to GMAT math. We continually refresh our math questions based on the types of questions appearing in current GMAT exams.

We also offer question explanations for the GMAT Official Guide dating back to 2015. This means that you can learn to approach the OG questions by using our revolutionary approaches like the Variable Approach and the IVY Approach.

Check out our free trial pack and free video lessons on our site at mathrevolution.com See if our materials work for you! While there, don’t forget to try our free diagnostic test!!

Please let us know if you have further questions.
You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach,
Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot