Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 243
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Hatakekakashi wrote:
voldy wrote:
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?

It's safe to send the LOR by the deadline. Do it asap. If there's a delay don't extend it beyond a day

Thank you for the response. The thing is I didn't know Kelley takes 2 days to send submission link to the recommender. I added my supervisor's email around 5 hours ago and he hasn't received anything as yet.
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
voldy wrote:
Can I send my recommendation after the R1 deadline is over? If yes, how long after?

Once you have uploaded your supporting documents and your application is complete, submit your application using the final tab in the eApp. You will be prompted to pay the $75 application fee by credit card. Remember, you must take the GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants) before submitting your application. Your recommendation should also be submitted by the deadline.

Point 8

https://kelley.iu.edu/programs/full-tim ... ine.cshtml
VP
VP
Send PM
voldy wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
voldy wrote:

It's safe to send the LOR by the deadline. Do it asap. If there's a delay don't extend it beyond a day

Thank you for the response. The thing is I didn't know Kelley takes 2 days to send submission link to the recommender. I added my supervisor's email around 5 hours ago and he hasn't received anything as yet.

I remember schools accept LOR for a day but sorry for the incorrect response. Have your recommender fill the LOR asap as it is mentioned on the website. Write a mail to the admissions team in case there is a delay
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I mailed the university asking about submitting the recommendation after the deadline and they said that it is fine.
VP
VP
Send PM
Naman5772 wrote:
I mailed the university asking about submitting the recommendation after the deadline and they said that it is fine.

Thanks for the update Naman.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Naman5772 wrote:

Yes, they replied on my email too. :)
VP
VP
Send PM
voldy wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Naman5772 wrote:

Yes, they replied on my email too. :)

That's great
VP
VP
Send PM
Looking at the data from Decision tracker last year,

About 85 applicants in the Early round
40 were Invited to Interview
25 Admitted

so 50% interview and 60% conversion

Hope this gets better this year
VP
VP
Send PM
Has anybody got the call for interview over mail?

Regards,
HK
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Kudos
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

Slow down dude, It just started. I believe you will receive a call soon. I wish you success in your application. :)

What career aspiration do you target through Kelley?
VP
VP
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

Slow down dude, It just started. I believe you will receive a call soon. I wish you success in your application. :)

What career aspiration do you target through Kelley?

Hey,

Thank you for those very kind words. I wish you the same.

Looking at the thread of last year, Kelley invited students on 21st Oct 2017 for interviews and I was just wondering if that's the case this year and I was just checking it out :D

I aspire to get into consulting through Kelley, if not Marketing. I wouldn't mind any of the either. How about you?

Regards,
HK
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Hey,

Thank you for those very kind words. I wish you the same.

Looking at the thread of last year, Kelley invited students on 21st Oct 2017 for interviews and I was just wondering if that's the case this year and I was just checking it out :D

I aspire to get into consulting through Kelley, if not Marketing. I wouldn't mind any of the either. How about you?

Regards,
HK

I target my supply chain capabilities blended with more business depth.

While you will enjoy and learning marketing in Kelley (as I attended a class with Prof. Rockney Walters while visiting the school), you will find hard to penetrate for internationals or rare to be employed as it is related to domestic culture. The consulting field is famous in Kelley in 2nd tier like Deloitte, Accenture, PWC....etc. Very handful make it to MBB.
VP
VP
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:

While you will enjoy and learning marketing in Kelley (as I attended a class with Prof. Rockney Walters while visiting the school), you will find hard to penetrate for internationals or rare to be employed as it is related to domestic culture. The consulting field is famous in Kelley in 2nd tier like Deloitte, Accenture, PWC....etc. Very handful make it to MBB.

That's very interesting to know. I had my own frozen food distribution company { a stint as a startup and supply chain reminds me of that }

I plan to not get into pure-play firms such as MBB simply because I feel that there may be more opportunities at other companies offering consulting one of their service as they are involved with other activities as well. (might not be true) I want to work at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture or CapGemini/ Oc&C where there is more focus on strategy consulting.

Regards,
HK
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

That's very interesting to know. I had my own frozen food distribution company { a stint as a startup and supply chain reminds me of that }

I plan to not get into pure-play firms such as MBB simply because I feel that there may be more opportunities at other companies offering consulting one of their service as they are involved with other activities as well. (might not be true) I want to work at Deloitte, PwC, Accenture or CapGemini/ Oc&C where there is more focus on strategy consulting.

Regards,
HK

This is what you call it 'clear strategy', in that you need what you want. I will PM you with good stuff to prepare for consulting from now if you like.

Do not neglect maybe good opportunities in Distribution and Retail sector. The midwest is famous of it too. I have an alumnus of last intake who works now for Cummins In Memphis.
VP
VP
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

Regards,
HK

This is what you call it 'clear strategy', in that you need what you want. I will PM you with good stuff to prepare for consulting from now if you like.

Do not neglect maybe good opportunities in Distribution and Retail sector. The midwest is famous of it too. I have an alumnus of last intake who works now for Cummins In Memphis.

Very kind of you. Please do so :) I look forward to your PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Regards,
HK

Hey,

I got my request for an interview sent to me today. Hopefully it's all going well for you too and you'll get yours soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [3]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Just received interview invite
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Can you guys share your profiles ahsanashfaq28 ChuckieWildfire

Thanks
Nikhil
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts