Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V56
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Re: Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
What do you think about this? It may have already been discussed but I could not find any thread relating to this.

https://mystanfordmsxexperience.wordpress.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
jackjones wrote:
What do you think about this? It may have already been discussed but I could not find any thread relating to this.

I agree with the overall sentiment of the blog that MSx is not a great option if you intend to find a job after it. Programs like SFMBA and MSx are ideal for people who are going to launch their own startup, inherit a company, go back to their previous employer with a promotion, or get in to Venture Capital.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Agreed. The only good thing about Msx is the Bay Area and California. In this blog there is nothing good about MSx. Obviously I need to be sceptical a little bit and question the motivations of the author. I might choose MSx over MIT only because of the Bay Area. I absolutely love California.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I have applied to R1. Will wait to hear. Retook the GMAT in time to apply. Had a 640 in 2016, got a 630 in Aug 2018, and then a 710 before i applied.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
I've read all the posts in this blog. It seems to me that this person came into the program with a very different expectation, which explains his negative experience. I've talked to quite a number of Stanford MSx alum and all of them spoke very highly about the program. I know someone in the class of 2019 and she said she's really enjoying the program.

I submitted my application for R1 last month. Looking forward to next week when Stanford GSB starts releasing interview invites.

jackjones wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Msx20 wrote:
I've read all the posts in this blog. It seems to me that this person came into the program with a very different expectation, which explains his negative experience. I've talked to quite a number of Stanford MSx alum and all of them spoke very highly about the program. I know someone in the class of 2019 and she said she's really enjoying the program.

I submitted my application for R1 last month. Looking forward to next week when Stanford GSB starts releasing interview invites.

jackjones wrote:

Are you also applying to MIT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
No, I only applied to MSx

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
any interview calls yet!
They sent a mail saying it starts 15th Oct. invites!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
All the best to R1 guys. Quite anxious to see the first post on invitation to interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Good luck, guys!

Kudos
I need to know a very important question about Stanford MBA admission criteria. Is work experience mandatory for getting admission in Stanford? I've a personal business. Can I show my personal business instead of work experience? Thanks ___
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Kudos
AsadAbu wrote:
I need to know a very important question about Stanford MBA admission criteria. Is work experience mandatory for getting admission in Stanford? I've a personal business. Can I show my personal business instead of work experience? Thanks ___

This is not an official answer but I believe even personal business can be mentioned under work experience because you're working there too.

As for the work experience being mandatory, no B School that I have come across has said that work experience is mandatory. They always use the word preferred and provide you with the average of their current class.

Hope that helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
AsadAbu wrote:

You can find all details on work experience here. It mentions that work experience isn’t necessary for MBA.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... experience

Kudos
zipzapzoom wrote:
AsadAbu wrote:

You can find all details on work experience here. It mentions that work experience isn’t necessary for MBA.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... experience

Thanks for the link.
MsInvBanker wrote:
AsadAbu wrote:

This is not an official answer but I believe even personal business can be mentioned under work experience because you're working there too.

Which one is more prioritized (regarding getting admission in b-school) between Work experience and Personal business, you think?
Thanks___
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Kudos
AsadAbu wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
AsadAbu wrote:

Which one is more prioritized (regarding getting admission in b-school) between Work experience and Personal business, you think?
Thanks___

AsadAbu , you have to move your query to the right thread. One that is reserved for MBA applicants. This one is for MSX applicants.

MV23
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Has anyone got an invite yet? Looks like it’s going to be a long wait. I attended the admission webinar last week and the Associate Director said the number of applications this year went up.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts