Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 205
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.45
WE:Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hi,

Mannheim does not really have any application deadlines. The admission is rolling.

Usually, when the students wish to avail the Euro3000 discount on tuition fees, the application deadline is November 30 of every year. I do not think that the dates will change this year, but look out for updated information on the website in September end for clarity.

There is no formal / published information on the average GMAT score at Mannheim. Although, the website states that you should score >600 to be able to apply. I think if you score >650, then the school gives you a discount in tuition fees. You can check for details on the website.

I hope this helps.

SG

prabsahi wrote:
abhinav2892 wrote:
Hi guys ! lets start early to reach the destination on time . Kindly drop all your doubts & suggestions regarding the application process of the Mannheim Business School

All the best

When is the application deadline?Whats the average GMAT score ?
What's the scope of IT placement ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
vinusabby wrote:
Hi,

Mannheim Business School Website mentions international experience as a mandatory criteria. I don't have any international work experience as of now, but I intend to get some exposure and also learn German before joining. Any way ahead?

Hi,

Do you know how do you intend to get any exposure? Travel? Holidays? Volunteer Work? Professionally?

Also, learning German (upto A1-A2 level at the time of application) could help your application to Mannheim.

I hope this helps.

SG
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hey guys,

Any idea if Mannheim organises any events (preferably online or in India) to meet potential candidates or give information? I can't find any on it's website.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SugandhaM wrote:
Hey guys,

Any idea if Mannheim organises any events (preferably online or in India) to meet potential candidates or give information? I can't find any on it's website.

IMO,

Mannheim organises 'Open Day' at the campus (Mannheim Uni, Germany) for potential full-time MBA candidates.
You can reach out to the Admissions Team (Stefanie Klug) via the website and seek personal consultation on your profile or more information about the program if you like.

I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
ShrishT wrote:
SugandhaM wrote:
Hey guys,

IMO,

Mannheim organises 'Open Day' at the campus (Mannheim Uni, Germany) for potential full-time MBA candidates.
You can reach out to the Admissions Team (Stefanie Klug) via the website and seek personal consultation on your profile or more information about the program if you like.

I hope this helps.

That's a great suggestion. I will contact the admissions team. Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Kudos
Can someone please answer these queries:

-Is international experience mentioned in the admission criteria mandatory for all applicants? Is it essential for an applicant to have worked in a foreign country? Does working with a foreign client from home country considered as international exposure?

-Does every applicant get the opportunity to appear for the First Selection Interview and Case Study or only selected candidates? Once an applicant submits the application form and all the required documents, typically in how many days is the first round conducted?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
daxitsemlani wrote:
Can someone please answer these queries:

-Is international experience mentioned in the admission criteria mandatory for all applicants? Is it essential for an applicant to have worked in a foreign country? Does working with a foreign client from home country considered as international exposure?

-Does every applicant get the opportunity to appear for the First Selection Interview and Case Study or only selected candidates? Once an applicant submits the application form and all the required documents, typically in how many days is the first round conducted?

1. Is international experience mentioned in the admission criteria mandatory --> IMO, not really. Share your CV with details on work experience and international experience (of any kind - travel, holidays, work, liaison with international client, etc.) with Stefanie and ask her questions if you have any. She will definitely respond.

2. No. There is a shortlist at each stage. Application --> Video Submission (may be) --> Interview with Ad com --> Interview with Technical Case Study --> Final offer
Depending on when you apply and how flooded the Adcoms are with applications similar to your profile, you could hear back within a week or even in a months time.

I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone, I had 2 questions.
1. For the letters of recommendation: Would a digital signature on the recommendation letter PDF be sufficient from my recommenders?
2. Is there a specific template (font size, margin width etc.) for the motivation letter?

Any information would be very helpful. :-)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
shashankm14 wrote:
1. For the letters of recommendation: Would a digital signature on the recommendation letter PDF be sufficient from my recommenders?
2. Is there a specific template (font size, margin width etc.) for the motivation letter?

Hi,
Responses to your questions:
1. digital signature on the recommendation letter PDF --> is OKAY. One of my recommenders did the same.
2. specific template --> I do not think so there is any specific requirement. Normal margins, Font 11/12, Justified, Paragraphs

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Great! Thanks a lot for your helpful comments, ShrishT! :)

ShrishT wrote:
shashankm14 wrote:

Hi,
1. digital signature on the recommendation letter PDF --> is OKAY. One of my recommenders did the same.
2. specific template --> I do not think so there is any specific requirement. Normal margins, Font 11/12, Justified, Paragraphs

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
no stress, reach out if you need more info

shashankm14 wrote:
Great! Thanks a lot for your helpful comments, ShrishT! :)

ShrishT wrote:
shashankm14 wrote:

Hi,

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Sorry, wanted to post this here, ended up starting a new topic, newbie error :roll:

Hi All, my first post here, just gave my GMAT, starting to put together the documents to apply to my target schools for 2020 intake. Being based in Germany and wanting to continue working here, MBS is one of my top targets. Would appreciate a profile eval by some of the experienced members and also any further details on the point below will be highly appreciated:

Nationality: India
GMAT score: 690 (Q 48, V 37, IR 7)
Work Exp: 10 years, 7 of those in Germany
Educational background: Commerce, Chartered Accountant
German language skills: Intermediate (B2 level)

1) Specifically on my profile: is my age and work experience a hindrance for European MBA programs and specifically for MBS? I believe the average age for European programs tends to be about 30

2) Transcripts: from the MBS website, I understand that the entire application needs to be sent in one pdf, which I assume would include transcripts as well. I always thought that the univerities are supposed to send the transcripts to colleges directly and not via the applicant, is this understanding incorrect?

Thanks for any insights that you guys can share.

Cheers, Jay
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
jayinde wrote:
Sorry, wanted to post this here, ended up starting a new topic, newbie error :roll:

Hi All, my first post here, just gave my GMAT, starting to put together the documents to apply to my target schools for 2020 intake. Being based in Germany and wanting to continue working here, MBS is one of my top targets. Would appreciate a profile eval by some of the experienced members and also any further details on the point below will be highly appreciated:

Nationality: India
GMAT score: 690 (Q 48, V 37, IR 7)
Work Exp: 10 years, 7 of those in Germany
Educational background: Commerce, Chartered Accountant
German language skills: Intermediate (B2 level)

1) Specifically on my profile: is my age and work experience a hindrance for European MBA programs and specifically for MBS? I believe the average age for European programs tends to be about 30

2) Transcripts: from the MBS website, I understand that the entire application needs to be sent in one pdf, which I assume would include transcripts as well. I always thought that the univerities are supposed to send the transcripts to colleges directly and not via the applicant, is this understanding incorrect?

Thanks for any insights that you guys can share.

Cheers, Jay

Hi,
are you looking at part-time MBA or full time program?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry, should have mentioned it,

Full Time MBA

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Any opinions/comments on this? Regards, Jay

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused with the MBS application form. Are there no essays except the Motivation Letter and "what differentiates us" question?
Is there a word limit specified anywhere for these that I may have missed?

Any quick response would be much appreciated! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos

I do not think it is an hindrance for MBS. We have students in our class with 17 years or work ex. I have 10+

the entire application needs to be sent in one pdf, which I assume would include transcripts as well. --> yes. combine them via adobe. Which university will send directly? that is for US I think!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts