Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all UConnecticut MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
so Early round deadline is just 10 days away. Where all ED applicants are at in their apps?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all UConnecticut MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
I got the interview invitation and will conduct the interview in 15 Feb. Anyone got interview invitation? Can you share some questions for preparation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
smilevirus wrote:
I got the interview invitation and will conduct the interview in 15 Feb. Anyone got interview invitation? Can you share some questions for preparation?

I submitted on Feb 1st and I didn't get my interview invite. Can you please tell when you submitted the application and your profile?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
smilevirus

I went through previous years topics and added some interview experiences in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/UConnecticut ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aswingauthamk18 wrote:
smilevirus wrote:

I submitted on Feb 1st and I didn't get my interview invite. Can you please tell when you submitted the application and your profile?

I submitted in early bird in November. I have 7 working years in Marketing Consumers Product in Wipro Unza Vietnam, I apply by GRE (rather low 304, and will retake soon in February). How about you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
workout wrote:
smilevirus

I went through previous years topics and added some interview experiences in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/UConnecticut ... brief.html

It's really helpful :). + Kudos for you :heart
Intern
Intern
Send PM
smilevirus wrote:
aswingauthamk18 wrote:
smilevirus wrote:

I submitted in early bird in November. I have 7 working years in Marketing Consumers Product in Wipro Unza Vietnam, I apply by GRE (rather low 304, and will retake soon in February). How about you?

Similar profile - 6 years marketing role in B2B software company - GRE - 312.
Applied on Feb 1st
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone got an interview invite applying in R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Statistics, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi guys, I am 2nd year MBA student at UCONN. If you have any questions regarding the program, don't hesitate to ask.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bakavoice wrote:
Hi guys, I am 2nd year MBA student at UCONN. If you have any questions regarding the program, don't hesitate to ask.

I have a few questions.

1. How long does the UConn admissions team take to respond to the application?

2. How are the career opportunities for international students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Statistics, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
aswingauthamk18 wrote:
bakavoice wrote:

I have a few questions.

It might take between 2 weeks and a month. I am, however, speculating here as I am using my own experience and I am not sure about the majority of the cases.

Answering to your 2nd question, I would honestly say that opportunities are not that great. Having said that, I want to mention that it's not due to UCONN's brand or rankings. I have attended multiple conferences while in the US and I have met with the MBA students from Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, Texas Christian, Temple, Penn State, BU, UIUC, Rochester etc.
All international students regardless of the school are having issues. What we are hearing from companies is that they like the students but MBA level jobs are usually a huge investment on their side and they don't want to invest their time and money in people who might not get a visa. The companies are interested in the long-term relationships, so even STEM OPT is not enough for them. At the same time, compared to 2018, 2019 seems better in terms of employment prospects, as the employers see that nothing has really been done on H1B except for the talking about doing something. I guess it's going to be better this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you bakavoice. Your information is helpful.

I will have the interview with Michael Bozzi & Moira Rosek in 15th Feb. I'm rather worried because UConn is my top choice. As your experience, may you share the tips or any "special" questions you got in the last MBA interview?

bakavoice wrote:

bakavoice wrote:
It might take between 2 weeks and a month. I am, however, speculating here as I am using my own experience and I am not sure about the majority of the cases.

Answering to your 2nd question, I would honestly say that opportunities are not that great. Having said that, I want to mention that it's not due to UCONN's brand or rankings. I have attended multiple conferences while in the US and I have met with the MBA students from Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, Texas Christian, Temple, Penn State, BU, UIUC, Rochester etc.
All international students regardless of the school are having issues. What we are hearing from companies is that they like the students but MBA level jobs are usually a huge investment on their side and they don't want to invest their time and money in people who might not get a visa. The companies are interested in the long-term relationships, so even STEM OPT is not enough for them. At the same time, compared to 2018, 2019 seems better in terms of employment prospects, as the employers see that nothing has really been done on H1B except for the talking about doing something. I guess it's going to be better this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bakavoice wrote:
aswingauthamk18 wrote:
bakavoice wrote:

I have a few questions.

Thank you :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
smilevirus wrote:
Thank you bakavoice. Your information is helpful.

I will have the interview with Michael Bozzi & Moira Rosek in 15th Feb. I'm rather worried because UConn is my top choice. As your experience, may you share the tips or any "special" questions you got in the last MBA interview?

smilevirus How did your interview go?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello guys,

I am an international applicant with 5 years experience in IT industry.
I have made into UConn's MBA program in finance and in MS program of Frankfurt School.
Which do you think will be a better choice?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMAT650ind wrote:
Hello guys,

I am an international applicant with 5 years experience in IT industry.
I have made into UConn's MBA program in finance and in MS program of Frankfurt School.
Which do you think will be a better choice?

GMAT650ind

I suggest you create a new topic in the following forum.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... 2/?fl=menu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has anyone got an admit yet? When does UCONN tell about scholarship and GA?

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts