Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Urgent profile evaluation request. Please help. Thanks! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
kumarabhishek07 wrote:
Dear evaluators,

Thank you for your time. I am indebted to you for taking out time to help me with my MBA goals.

I am an Indian. I scored a 690 (V33, Q50) in GMAT in both my attempts. I was scoring upward of 760 in all my GMAT prep exams both the time but ended up with 690 in both my attempts. Since the deadlines are approaching, I wish to start my applications. Here is my profile.

Academics:
1. Undergrad - Btech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)- Gold Medalist. CGPA 9.64/10 equivalent to 96.4% overall and GPA = 4.

Before Undergrad, during my school days:

Transformed from flunking a subject in every exam and being in the lower half of the class in terms of academics to topping the class and still a record holder for the maximum percentage achieved till date at that school. Won multiple awards and trophies from school as well.

Work ex: 25 months by October, 2018

1. Worked at India's biggest IT MNC for 9 months for a major US based pharmaceutical company. Won awards as a team and delivered a critical project alone within the first 2 months of joining the firm.

I left the job to join a high-risk US-based startup as a Marketing professional ( i had taken a minor Sales and Marketing course at the university apart from my engineering degree). Got promoted as the sales and marketing head of the company in 2 months. Handling the entire sales and marketing effort for all the child companies of the parent startup.

In order to boost our recruitment efforts and create an impact on the world, i started a venture within the startup and working as the CEO of the venture. We help people who can't afford an education or a professional degree from across the world start a career in tech by teaching them how to code for free. Currently, I manage a team of 10 developers and more than 50 people in the program from places such as Africa, Sri-Lanka, Unites States, India, Brazil, Bangladesh, Pakistan, France and many more.

Volunteering and community service:

I work as Volunteer for Art of Living. Organized multiple workshops at university and for elderly people helping them live a happier life through Yoga and meditation.
I also teach under-privileged children on weekends (Children of maids, garbage collectors, gatekeepers and such) who can't afford a quality education on their own.

What are the business schools i should apply to? Which of those has a higher possibility of giving scholarships to a guy like me.

This is my wishlist:

1. LBS
2. Any top 20 US business school.
3. Rotman
4. Ivey
5. INSEAD Singapore
6. Stanford (I know its impossible)
7. IE Spain
8. ESADE

Feedback on these and any more colleges that you find suitable would be really great. I would be really grateful for any input from you guys about how I should proceed now.

Hi Abhishek,

I like your profile quite a bit.

First things, as others have emphasized already, a higher GMAT score is a must! You suggest that its an achievable goal, so I am going to urge you to retake. Some of the programs mentioned above will require higher GMAT scores, and well, a ~760 will project your profile in a new light altogether.
Your experience at the startup sounds interesting. Are you based in India or in the US? I didn't understand your experience at the charitable venture too well. Is that philanthropic? So are you still in your marketing function? Do throw some light there.

So share your resume with us. It would be interesting to understand your work experience in more detail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Dear Namita,

Thank you for taking out time to read through the my query.

Let's start from your first question

Yes i am based in India but the startup has its offices in US and India.

*The venture isn't a charitable venture per say though its a not for profit i started as in intrapreneur in the startup.
The goals are:
1. Have a constant flow of talent pool available on demand since the requirements of our clients change and sometimes require more than 8-9 developers on board within a couple of days. Hiring becomes tedious and inefficient. It solves this problem

2. I came to know about the state of people in places such as Nigeria from my colleagues who belong to the same place and had to go through a lot of hardship to reach here. I wanted to help these people who wanted to succeed but didn't have the means to do so. This program selects people from all around the world and prepares them to start their career as web developer. It's a free program

I started my journey in this startup as a marketing professional but now i am the sales and marketing head for all our child companies here and working as the CEO for code school managing 10 developers and over 50 people from around the world everyday all of them working on task based projects.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
kumarabhishek07 wrote:
Dear Namita,

Thank you for taking out time to read through the my query.

Let's start from your first question

Yes i am based in India but the startup has its offices in US and India.

*The venture isn't a charitable venture per say though its a not for profit i started as in intrapreneur in the startup.
The goals are:
1. Have a constant flow of talent pool available on demand since the requirements of our clients change and sometimes require more than 8-9 developers on board within a couple of days. Hiring becomes tedious and inefficient. It solves this problem

2. I came to know about the state of people in places such as Nigeria from my colleagues who belong to the same place and had to go through a lot of hardship to reach here. I wanted to help these people who wanted to succeed but didn't have the means to do so. This program selects people from all around the world and prepares them to start their career as web developer. It's a free program

I started my journey in this startup as a marketing professional but now i am the sales and marketing head for all our child companies here and working as the CEO for code school managing 10 developers and over 50 people from around the world everyday all of them working on task based projects.

Posted from my mobile device

I think that's good experience. I am curious to know about the scale of your company's operations. Because heading two verticals- marketing for all sister companies and this venture sounds like quite a lot of work to be managed by one person.

I like the noble thought behind the training company's inception. B-schools like do-gooders, and you will stand to gain here.
Beef up your GMAT before you apply. If the growth opportunities are good at your company, you could hang around for another year.
GMAT Club Bot