Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep 770/760 - Actual 710 Only (ESR attached)..Next steps? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi HarshBazooka,

I’m sorry to hear about how things went with your GMAT. Before providing specific advice, I’d like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

2) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?

3) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

4) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

5) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

6) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Once I learn a bit more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep 770/760 - Actual 710 Only (ESR attached)..Next steps? [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi HarshBazooka,

I’m sorry to hear about how things went with your GMAT. Before providing specific advice, I’d like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

2) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months? What resources did you use?

3) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

5) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

6) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Once I learn a bit more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply ScottTargetTestPrep . This was my second attempt and I am not happy at all. Previous attempt was 690 (Q49, V35) in Feb'18 and so no improvement in Verbal Scaled score. These are great questions. Please find my answers below:

Answer :

a. 9th Oct GMAT Prep Mock 3: 770 (Q50, V45,IR1). Order- Quant then Verbal then IR. Solved only Quant and Verbal. I was feeling good. A little bit of running against the time but still not a disaster time management. Few of the questions were a close call (unsure between two options so went with gut feeling in verbal)

b. 13th Oct GMAT Prep Mock 4: 760 (Q51, V42). Order- Quant then Verbal then IR. Solved only Quant and Verbal. I knew I demolished Quant. Verbal - I couldnt finish the section. second last question was wrong and couldnt even reach last question. Entire exam my time management was a disaster. Again, I was not 100% sure of answers on 20%-30% of questions.

-------------------------

Answer :

Resources Used: Magoosh Videos and Question Bank, GMAT Club question of the day, OG 19 and Verbal/Quants review 19. GMAT Prep official question pack (entire exhausted). GMAT Club Math Book. Few questions here and there as per GMAT club directory. GMAT Ninja CR videos. CR Bible.

Study Methodology: Complete ALL Magoosh Videos ( from basic to advanced). Hours per day was not fixed but average would be 2-2.5 hours a day. I studied for 2 months.

---------------------

Answer :

a) Dream Schools: Booth, CBS, NYU, Cornell, INSEAD, LBS. --> With a 710 and because I belong to over represented pool, I and multiple admissions consultants are highly skeptical about any chances in these schools. Deadlines for NYU and Cornell : 15th Nov. Then 3rd round in Jan. For rest all deadline is Early Jan

b) With 710 I can look for Rotman and HEC Paris. Rolling admissions for Rotman. HEC- 15th Nov and 2nd January.

-------------------

Answer : Like to take End of Nov. Must Take first week of Dec.

---------------------

Answer : This is tricky. Till 31st Oct I can study 3 hours a day. From Nov 1st to Nov 12th I can study 30 mins per day max. After Nov 12th I can study 3-4 hours a day. I am going on family trip in early Nov.

-----------------------

Answer :

DS: Very comfortable. Especially with Number properties, arithmetic. I cut down on silly mistakes.
PS: Geometry sometimes made me uncomfortable if time crunch is present. I hate word problems. Few seconds were always wasted because of lack of quick math ( what is 342 divided by 3, etc.)
RC: Very confident and comfortable. GMAT PREP official Mock accuracy -100%.
SC: Consumed more time. Lost in irrelevant parts of the sentence at time. Didn't have the best strategy in world to attach SC questions. Accuracy wasn't as it should be. Went over the theory in detail from multiple sources though. Many a times got the answer right without being 100% sure why other 4 answers were wrong.
CR: Love this piece. Always able to narrow down to 2 options. Double negative options always confused me. Was happy with my CR skills.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30796 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi HarshBazooka,

710 is a great score even if not your target score and it indicates that you have understood most of the concepts well.
From your ESR, SC stands out to be the sub-section that pulled your score down. I would like to invite you to the free SC webinar that we are conducting on 27th October. Register here to reserve your spot. Additionally, you can take a Verbal Ability Quiz to identify the specific topics in SC which are weak and work upon them.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to write to us at support@e-gmat.com for any GMAT related queries.

Regards,
Aditee
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi HarshBazooka,

Thank you for the detailed response. I see that we have connected offline, so I look forward to hopping on a call and discussing your situation in detail.

We will get things sorted out, my friend.

Let’s do this!!
GMAT Club Bot