Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Princeton Review GMAT test - Accuracy [#permalink]
PR tests put a couple of 47- 51 level questions in the quant section in the first 15 questions and if you get them wrong will never be able to get past 45 in quant.
Verbal is same as the other preps

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
I also gave the Princeton review test today.

Overall: 690
Q51 : (Correct: 37/37)
V35 : (Correct: 31/41)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1137
Schools: NUS '23
GPA: 4
Send PM
can anyone please help me out

i recently started with CATs and have been scoring in the range of 690-720 on 6 Princeton Review Practice tests....however when i took the Economist test the scores dropped significantly to 480...I'm really worried about my preparation...can't gauge whether i've been preparing wrong or was the economist test really that tough :( :(
please help my GMAT exam is due on 14th November :sad:
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22046 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Applebear,

I reponded to your question here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-practic ... 79082.html.

Looking forward to hearing about your official practice exam.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to add my experience from the Princeton Review Free GMAT Test.
I scored the same as I normally do on any practice (680), but then looking at my quant and verbal score, I noticed that I only missed 4 quant questions (still only placed me at a 43) and missed 7 verbal questions (placing me at 41). I normally miss significantly more in quant, but get the same general score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi, My mock scores have been :

GMAT Prep - 710
Experts global - 740
GMAT Prep - 760

All the above 3 were taken with a gap of 2 weeks b/w each.

Today I took a PR test, and I scored 690. I was shocked, though quant was relatively simple... I had a real doubt on the quality of verbal qus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: IIM
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
I got 28/31 correct on the quant but the score turns out to be 43. Could someone please help me understand if this is a possibility in the actual GMAT?

I have attached the score screenshot below.

Thanks in advance
Attachments

File comment: Quant scores from Princeton Mock
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 60.7 KiB | Viewed 5414 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
VerbalKnight wrote:
I got 28/31 correct on the quant but the score turns out to be 43. Could someone please help me understand if this is a possibility in the actual GMAT?

Thanks in advance

This looks odd. Did you get the first three questions wrong?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mc93 wrote:
VerbalKnight wrote:

Thanks in advance

I got the 1st, 5th and 25th wrong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VerbalKnight wrote:
mc93 wrote:
VerbalKnight wrote:

Thanks in advance

I got the 1st, 5th, and 25th wrong.

Here is another test where I got 24/31 correct but ended up with a score of 48!! (Questions that I got incorrect - 7,10,18,23,27,30,31)

I am sure it has to do with the algorithm of assigning you a lower score if you get the initial questions wrong. But hopefully, this is not the case in the actual GMAT exam.
Attachments

File comment: Quant score from Princeton Review
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 59.91 KiB | Viewed 5264 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
VerbalKnight that has to be wrong--I would contact the company. On my best practice test ever, I got a 50 in quant (my only ever), and I had actually gotten Q1 wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 172
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Princeton Review GMAT test - Accuracy [#permalink]
There is something wrong with Princeton. I just did their free practice test. They have a difficulty rating for each question from 0-12.

I got extremely extremely easy questions on Quant. My score was 49 and these questions had very high difficulty ratings on average. With questions with difficulty 11 and 12 which felt like 7 or 8 compared to OGs or other practice tests.

Then I did the Verbal. The questions really were not that easy compared to other difficult question I've seen in OGs or other tests for example, but the difficulty rating displayed showed that none of the questions were above a 6.5 difficulty. Like I had a streak of 7 correct in a row for questions of 5.5 difficulty on average, however the difficulty of the question after was 0.5. Which is ridiculous because it is definitely not that easy. The difficulty never once went above a 6.5 and it never felt like medium difficulty questions throughout,

There was one reading comprehension with 3 questions. Other forums claimed the difficulty of the questions given was 600-700, 600-700 and 700-800. The difficulty Princeton gave? 1, 2 and 2.5. OUT OF 12. Like this question was harder than most of the last 10 in the OG and this was supposed to be a 1/12 in difficulty.

I never even got a singular attempt at a difficult question which just seems so flawed when I get 7 in a row right at a difficulty of 5-6.5 and I'm still stuck at that same difficulty. And since I was getting only low difficulty questions, my verbal score was 24. This is the worst verbal score I've gotten ever, even worse than my very first practice test where I had no preparation. My verbal on average is 40 and I studied verbal even more since then.

That's why I think the difficulty rating given to the questions is wrong. So to test this theory I did a Kaplan test the day after and got Q49 V31. Still a really disappointing verbal score and furthermore, I even got more wrong this time than before. In the Kaplan test I got 18 correct compared to 22 of Princeton, with still some early questions wrong, but the questions being rated properly in terms of difficulty and actually being allowed to attempt difficult questions meant my score was higher. And not to mention the quantitative section was much harder and much more representative of the real test.

I was going to buy more tests from Princeton but definitely not a good site. Best to skip it. From my experience and from what I can see from other people on this site is, if you get the 1st question wrong on Princeton, your entire test is screwed. You will not get difficult questions, or the algorithm severely underestimates the difficulty of the question, and your score will be low even if you make few mistakes.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hai, Today morning I took reset version of GMAC mock 2, which I have taken some 4 months back and got below scores.

Total 540
Q43 (20 C/ 8 IC / 3 left)
V21 (19 C/ 16 IC / 1left)

However, I felt I was not really focus while taking and then taken princeton reviews mock test in the evening (after good sleep)

Total 600
Q39 (25C / 6 IC)
V34 ( 19C / 15 IC / 1 left)

My usual quant scores are around 43-46 and verbal scores are around 28.

I have been focusing on verbal from past two weeks and improving both accuracy and speed.

Can someone honestly say that V34 is accurate?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Quote:

Consider taking a fresh Official Mock. If you receive another Verbal score in the V20-25 range that may provide insight. If you are repeating an Official Mock, the score may be a bit inflated in case you see some repeat questions.

5 Verbal tips
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22046 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
SaiKashyap wrote:
Hai, Today morning I took reset version of GMAC mock 2, which I have taken some 4 months back and got below scores.

Total 540
Q43 (20 C/ 8 IC / 3 left)
V21 (19 C/ 16 IC / 1left)

However, I felt I was not really focus while taking and then taken princeton reviews mock test in the evening (after good sleep)

Total 600
Q39 (25C / 6 IC)
V34 ( 19C / 15 IC / 1 left)

I have been focusing on verbal from past two weeks and improving both accuracy and speed.

Can someone honestly say that V34 is accurate?

I think your verbal score from your official mock is likely the most accurate. That said, when do you plan to take your next official practice exam?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2