Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [3]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Warwick MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Raulkrish wrote:
Hi All

I am currently working on my application for WBS. Has anyone submitted the application yet? A few pointers on how to approach the essay questions will be really helpful.

Thanks
Raulkrish

It's been a month since you posted this message and two users have already received admit in the meantime. Wondering what's your app status as of now. I also see you have a really outstanding GMAT score, so I am little curious to know which other (higher ranked) schools you considered to apply?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Warwick MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Who else applied in R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Other, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ESADE '21 (M)
Send PM
Applied R2. Got interviewed and accepted. Waiting to hear back from others before I make a decision.
Any idea on how likely it is to get off the waitlist at WBS ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hi,

I have been working for 7 years starting as System engineer and now as Product Manager at a leading technology multinational. In order to grow further I would like to pursue MBA, most likely an Executive or part-time/online in order to keep my job. Warwick has an online MBA program and I am wondering if anyone is considering that. I don't have a GMAT yet, although I am preparing it. But, then I think if I go for a full-time study, I will loose my job and will have to pay as well so, in the end I will end up paying more than Executive MBA.

Any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Warwick MBA doesn't seem to be as highly rated as the other schools in EU and the UK (when you look at discussion boards)

The Economist ranks it the 18th best school in the world and the best in the UK (3rd best in the EU after IESE and HEC).

And it's ranked the 36th best B-school according to the Financial Times. (2019 rankings)

Why then do people not rate the Warwick MBA as highly as the Judge MBA or the Oxford MBA? I've seen many discussion boards where people don't seem to recommend Warwick for their MBA.

Any views on this

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Other, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ESADE '21 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
I don't think they are necessarily bad; however, the rankings themselves are kind of misleading. WBS has jumped wildly up and down in some of those ranking with little to no reasoning. The same is true for other schools though.

I would talk to alumni and browse other websites (Poets and Quants as an example) to get more information. Do your research. To me, the graduation numbers, job numbers, post-grad salaries, etc. carry more weight than anything. To each their own though.

Also realize that forums such as these is small sample size of the overall population. You may see 1 to 3 bad reviews on WBS and never see the 5000 good reviews that were never voiced.

All that said, I got accepted to WBS but will most likely pass on them in favor of ESADE.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 4
Send PM
Could someone give me some examples on what kind of questions they ask during the interview?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
A new Warwick Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/warwick-mba-276/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1000
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
A new Warwick Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/warwick-mba-276/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1001
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mundackan wrote:
Could someone give me some examples on what kind of questions they ask during the interview?

Posted from my mobile device

Mundackan

I went through previous years' topics and was able to find a couple of Warwick interview debriefs. I have added them in the here https://gmatclub.com/forum/warwick-mba- ... brief.html

If you are looking for general interview preparation, check this https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ml?fl=menu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
Send PM