Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [45]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:SSE
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [2]
Given Kudos: 1751
Send PM
Re: All you need to know about the MSc in Management [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
We have recently conducted a quick research on Master in Management programs and created this page with info on the MiM degree and top MiM programs:
https://aringo.com/masters-in-management/
Hope you find this helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the comparison, great write up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 760 Q51 V42
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
skozak wrote:
How does Stanford Sloan program fit in to this? They are after more work experience then an MBA.

Hi,

Can someone help with this please?
Both Stanford Sloan and LBS Sloan give MSc degree, but both require 10+ years of work experience, which is against the common description of the MiM programs.
What's the difference between these 2 and other MiM programs in terms of the type of the degree they give?

I ask because i have 10 years of WE, 4 of them in the mid-executive positions in retail banking. Seems that my background fit Stanford and LBS Sloan, but i'm confused with the degree they give :roll:

PS: don't take into account my GMAT score - i'm retaking it in a month, working hardly on the Verbal now :roll:

Thanks.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Worship,

The Stanford Sloan and LBS Sloan MSc Management programs are pretty different from the conventional MiM programs.
The Major difference between these programs and the traditional MiM programs is that these programs are targeted at experienced individuals. The course length is also smaller, as most MiM programs are more than a year long.

It’s also different to the MBA in the sense that the degree is more theoretical, with more focus on theoretical aspects and group projects, but less on case studies and industrial visits and internships. The Stanford and LBS programs are also very customizable. Over 50% of the Stanford curriculum is chosen by you. This is mainly why this degree cannot come under the category of MBAs.

The major plus point of these programs is the student community. The student community consists of people from many different nationalities who have worked in different roles and industries, so through class discussions and group projects, you’ll gain insights into several functions.
The average work experience that an LBS Sloan MSc student has is 17 Years, so it would be very difficult for you to get admitted to this program.

You can take up our free profile evaluation test to check your chances of getting admission to these programs
Here is the link to the same: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 31 Jan 2018, 06:44.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 31 Oct 2019, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi. Can i apply for masters in management in canada with 15 years of education ? Most universities and b-schools require 16. If not, in what way can i make it 16? For example will doing a post graduate diploma here in india make it 16? Please help! Urgent. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G610F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Natasha,

There are a fair number of schools which will accept you with 15 years of education. There are schools in other countries such as US which are more willing to accept candidates with 15 years of education. These include top schools such as Harvard Business School, Stanford, MIT (Sloan School of Management), Columbia Business School among others.
However, if you’re fixated with the idea of studying in Canada then you can do an M. Com(distance) or any other relevant 1 year distance program which would effectively raise your education to 16 years.

If you want to know more programs in Canada, you can check this link: https://www.mim-essay.com/review/master ... in-canada/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Hey, can anyone spread some light on the applying for scholarship in these bschools ?

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
prototypevenom wrote:
Hey, can anyone spread some light on the applying for scholarship in these bschools ?

Posted from my mobile device

The type and amount of scholarship will vary across schools. For example, the Eiffel scholarship (offered at HEC and ESSEC) provides EUR 1400/month, and a free international trip as well. IE business school offers a talent scholarship, a scholarship for deserving women, and one for AIESEC members too. The exact criteria and type of scholarships will vary across schools. However, almost all MiM programs have excellence scholarship (based on the strength of the application, GMAT/GRE, acads, and overall profile) that can cover anything from 10% to 100% of tuition.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: ESSEC '21
Send PM
Hi guys. I want to apply to MIM and I want to apply for the scholarship as well.
I have a 3.1 GPA and 3 years of working experience (but 3 companies) which I think is a not-so-good profile. Im trying to have a good GMAT score to my profile may look better.
Im not sure whether a 680-700 on GMAT is "good" enough or not?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, great thread saruba!

It makes life way easier if you have all MiM Related resources in a single page. I have created a resource hub titled 'everything about MiM ' in an attempt to create a one stop resource page for applicants. You can access it here: https://www.mim-essay.com/everything-ab ... ?gmat-club

Here are the contents under this resource hub:-
- What is Masters in Management?
- MBA VS MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT
- Know All About The MSc Degree
- Masters in Management Rankings
- MiM Student Profile
- Masters in Management Deadlines
- Is Masters in Management Worth It?
- Masters in Management Career Progression
- Jobs After MiM In Europe
- Average Salaries after Masters in Management Degree
- MiM Application Roadmap

Hope you find this helpful :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I'm looking forward to the ST. PERTERSBURG UNIVERSITY,RUSSIA and the UNIVERSITY OF MANNHEIM .
So anyone can sugest me which one is better for the course of MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT ??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts