Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 273 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 273 [2]
Send PM
Re: Masters in management: schools with scores 600-700 [#permalink]
Kudos
prototypevenom wrote:
Prateekj05 wrote:
It's only worth applying to schools from top 20 in FT rankings. And almost all of them have an average ranging from 600-650. Below that, it's quite difficult to get an admit.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks, helps a lot.

now I know a lot of colleges. Majorly these are in europe, so I've heard getting a scholarship is easier in the US than Europe.
Is this true? I can only select country after I've decided if I can get a scholarship

No that's not true. Firstly, scholarship depends on your overall profile. Secondly your essays should make the adcom feel that you are a deserving candidate. Also, you can't know if you will get a scholarship or not. As far as I know, MiM is mostly concentrated in Europe and most of the universities in Europe offer scholarships that are in the range of 30-100%. But there's a large pool of applicants and not all of them recieve a scholarship. So it's competitive.

You should decide where do you want to work in the long term. Then apply to those universities. A degree from Europe won't fetch you jobs in US and vice versa. Also be prepared to learn the language if you plan on working in non-english speaking countries.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Prateekj05 wrote:
prototypevenom wrote:
Prateekj05 wrote:
It's only worth applying to schools from top 20 in FT rankings. And almost all of them have an average ranging from 600-650. Below that, it's quite difficult to get an admit.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks, helps a lot.

now I know a lot of colleges. Majorly these are in europe, so I've heard getting a scholarship is easier in the US than Europe.
Is this true? I can only select country after I've decided if I can get a scholarship

No that's not true. Firstly, scholarship depends on your overall profile. Secondly your essays should make the adcom feel that you are a deserving candidate. Also, you can't know if you will get a scholarship or not. As far as I know, MiM is mostly concentrated in Europe and most of the universities in Europe offer scholarships that are in the range of 30-100%. But there's a large pool of applicants and not all of them recieve a scholarship. So it's competitive.

You should decide where do you want to work in the long term. Then apply to those universities. A degree from Europe won't fetch you jobs in US and vice versa. Also be prepared to learn the language if you plan on working in non-english speaking countries.

I understand this, but this is very contrary. Most top-notch colleges are in EU for MIM, while I would want to work in an english speaking country i.e the USA or Canada.
would you recommend going for an not so great college but the country of choice?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 273 [0]
Send PM
Well there are good universities in US that offer masters in management but the requirements are really demanding. Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross and Kellogg are the best ones in US so you can try there. Their acceptance rate is really low and people prefer to go there even though it's not a STEM course. Their alumni network is strong and the best companies recruit from there. The duration is however 9-10 months I guess. Do look it up, I'm not sure. There are a lot of universities across the world which are offering masters in management, but since it's a relatively new degree, I would advise to only go for an established university. Since you will be shelling a lot of money even if you get a scholarship, might as well spend it right.
GMAT Club Bot