Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [4]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Anyone else still waiting for an interview invite/update?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
thinmint wrote:

I'm but also wondering if I should wait a little more or move on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
thinmint wrote:

Submitted my application on Oct 1. Still awaiting response from admission team.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys!

I sent the package official documents via FedEx on Monday 5th November and the tracking reports that the school received it on Wednesday 6th November. However, the status of these items on my application portal is still ''Awaiting''.
On the website, they say that they update the status of received documents within 3-5 business days. I sent the admission office an email but no reply.

Anyone in the same situation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Alchemist10 wrote:
thinmint wrote:

To the two users who responded - I still have a little optimism. I don't feel like I've seen that many interviews invites on clearadmit, so I am hoping there will be another wave of interviews. I was hoping we would hear this week before the holidays... I also submitted October 1st.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
thinmint wrote:
Alchemist10 wrote:
thinmint wrote:

To the two users who responded - I still have a little optimism. I don't feel like I've seen that many interviews invites on clearadmit, so I am hoping there will be another wave of interviews. I was hoping we would hear this week before the holidays... I also submitted October 1st.

Hi,

I think there will likely be another wave of invites. I received an email from Anderson today, part of which said 'Interview invitations for selected candidates will continue to go out through early December.'

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos

Nov 30, 2018. Friday.

UCLA Anderson MBA Insider: A Day In the Life (YouTube Live with UCLA Adcom and Students)

Join UCLA Anderson MBA students and admissions officers for this special GMAT Club webinar to learn about our academics, career resources & culture through a “Day in the Life” of our MBA students. Get an insider look on how UCLA Anderson can help you achieve your dream career and get you on the right track with your MBA journey.

Date & Time: Friday, Nov 30, 2018; 12pm Eastern Time (9am PST, 5pm GMT, 10:30pm IST)

Join Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3krzyUHy5c

to get email reminder two hours before the session.

Name and brief introduction of speakers:

• Adcom Member: Ilana Van Allen, UCLA MBA (Class of 2013) and Associate Director of Admissions
  • Students:
    • Brett Sanchez, UCLA MBA Class of 2019
    • Carolyn Wright, UCLA MBA Class of 2019

Originally posted by projectrory on 21 Nov 2018, 22:14.
Last edited by Narenn on 26 Nov 2018, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Student names added.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi All,

Is TOEFL a requirement for Indian applicants applying to UCLA even if the undergraduate medium of instruction was English?

In the requirement section on their website it is mentioned that "the key factor is being educated in English" but at the same time it is also mentioned that "Applicants who were educated in countries where English is not the primary spoken language of daily life are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS, no matter the language used at their school. This includes applicants with degrees from multilingual countries such as India, Nigeria, Pakistan and others".

Please help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ppp1209 wrote:
Hi All,

Is TOEFL a requirement for Indian applicants applying to UCLA even if the undergraduate medium of instruction was English?

In the requirement section on their website it is mentioned that "the key factor is being educated in English" but at the same time it is also mentioned that "Applicants who were educated in countries where English is not the primary spoken language of daily life are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS, no matter the language used at their school. This includes applicants with degrees from multilingual countries such as India, Nigeria, Pakistan and others".

Please help.

Yes, as per the instructions, Indian applicants need to report a TOEFL score for Anderson.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
ppp1209 wrote:
Hi All,

Please help.

ppp1209

I have found following text from the link https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/f ... quirements

Applicants who were educated in countries where English is not the primary spoken language of daily life are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS, no matter the language used at their school. This includes applicants with degrees from multilingual countries such as India, Nigeria, Pakistan and others.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
This session is starting soon. If you are around, join the webinar on the following link.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3krzyUHy5c

projectrory wrote:

Nov 30, 2018. Friday.

UCLA Anderson MBA Insider: A Day In the Life (YouTube Live with UCLA Adcom and Students)

Join UCLA Anderson MBA students and admissions officers for this special GMAT Club webinar to learn about our academics, career resources & culture through a “Day in the Life” of our MBA students. Get an insider look on how UCLA Anderson can help you achieve your dream career and get you on the right track with your MBA journey.

Date & Time: Friday, Nov 30, 2018; 12pm Eastern Time (9am PST, 5pm GMT, 10:30pm IST)

Join Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3krzyUHy5c

to get email reminder two hours before the session.

Name and brief introduction of speakers:

• Adcom Member: Ilana Van Allen, UCLA MBA (Class of 2013) and Associate Director of Admissions
  • Students:
    • Brett Sanchez, UCLA MBA Class of 2019
    • Carolyn Wright, UCLA MBA Class of 2019
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you everyone who attended our YouTube session with UCLA team. It went really well and UCLA students - Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session. Thanks to those who attended the webinar.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Anyone from R1 still waiting to hear back? I applied back in October and have not heard a single thing. Is it safe to assume they are not sending out anymore interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Owen '21 (M)
GRE 1: Q156 V167
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos
thinmint wrote:
Anyone from R1 still waiting to hear back? I applied back in October and have not heard a single thing. Is it safe to assume they are not sending out anymore interview invites?

I am in the same boat. They have said that they send invites through early December, so I figure up until Friday we still got a shot.

Hope you get some good news soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
How many students are waitlisted without Interview in R1? Any info based on past trends Narenn ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am rushing for UCLA round 2 deadline. Below is my profile information:

- Background: Vietnamese, 5+ years of working exp in banking and corporate finance in start-up (with 2+ years manager level)
- GPA: 3.65 / 4 (in Finance & Banking)
- GMAT: 700 (37 Verbal, 49 Quant)
- Post MBA career: targeting for tech industry (edu-tech preferable)

and I would love to hear any comments or feedback from you guys regarding to:
- What are my chances of getting an interview?
- Should I re-take GMAT to increase the probability of admission/ scholarship?

Many thanks!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
JasonNguyen wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am rushing for UCLA round 2 deadline. Below is my profile information:

- Background: Vietnamese, 5+ years of working exp in banking and corporate finance in start-up (with 2+ years manager level)
- GPA: 3.65 / 4 (in Finance & Banking)
- GMAT: 700 (37 Verbal, 49 Quant)
- Post MBA career: targeting for tech industry (edu-tech preferable)

and I would love to hear any comments or feedback from you guys regarding to:
- What are my chances of getting an interview?
- Should I re-take GMAT to increase the probability of admission/ scholarship?

Many thanks!

Please post your profile evaluation request in the following topic.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 82404.html
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Dec 19: Chat with UCLA Adcoms in GMATClub Chat Room

On Dec 19th, members of the UCLA admission team will be in our chat room to chat with prospective applicants. With less than a month to R2 deadline, I hope the chat session will prove to be very helpful. Feel free to ask application tips, Dos n Don'ts before submitting your application, and everything that you feel you must get clarified.

Looking forward to a huge turnout! :-)

Date & Time: Wednesday, Dec 19, 2018; 9am Pacific Time (12pm ET, 5pm GMT, 10:30pm IST)
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
to get email reminder before the chat session.

!
Those who can't attend the session but have questions for adcoms, can PM their questions to me.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts