Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 620 Q35 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
helene wrote:
squishi831 wrote:
devilcult54 I'm in the same boat. I don't have any experiences with this so hopefully others can chip in but if I had to imagine, I'd guess it's either going on the waitlist for R2 or getting denied. Won't get my hopes too high up at this point.

I interviewed there last week and the admissions team told me that they continue to issue invites up until the week before the release date. So don't lose hope yet!

Hey, did everyone who interviewed and those who didn't and have heard nothing, just receive a behavioral assessment from Yale SOM? Means we still in the running I suppose and hope???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
ak99 wrote:
helene wrote:
squishi831 wrote:
devilcult54 I'm in the same boat. I don't have any experiences with this so hopefully others can chip in but if I had to imagine, I'd guess it's either going on the waitlist for R2 or getting denied. Won't get my hopes too high up at this point.

I interviewed there last week and the admissions team told me that they continue to issue invites up until the week before the release date. So don't lose hope yet!

Hey, did everyone who interviewed and those who didn't and have heard nothing, just receive a behavioral assessment from Yale SOM? Means we still in the running I suppose and hope???

I didn't see anything come through. Did you receive this assessment from a email or through the portal? Pretty interesting to hear.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an email regarding the behavioral assessment.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
I received one as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Same here. Just finished it

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 620 Q35 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
squishi831 wrote:

I didn't see anything come through. Did you receive this assessment from a email or through the portal? Pretty interesting to hear.

Mine was emailed but went straight to my "bin" folder in gmail, wth?! Would recommend you check there. They said they invited all candidates who are interviewing to take the assessment.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
I received an invitation to complete the assessment as well, and just finished it. I wonder if it will play a role in admissions decisions?

Originally posted by U5UWZLP5 on 15 Nov 2018, 17:13.
Last edited by U5UWZLP5 on 15 Nov 2018, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
U5UWZLP5 wrote:
I received an invitation to complete the assessment as well, and just finished it. I wonder if it will play a factor in admissions decisions?

Probably will, but I don't have a good feeling about that assessment. I felt like I was giving a picture of a bad person when I selected some of these answers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
webster7 wrote:
U5UWZLP5 wrote:
I received an invitation to complete the assessment as well, and just finished it. I wonder if it will play a factor in admissions decisions?

Probably will, but I don't have a good feeling about that assessment. I felt like I was giving a picture of a bad person when I selected some of these answers.

Agreed. I feel like for a majority of the questions, neither option fit me - I would have described myself as the opposite of both options. So I had to pick the least offensive one. But felt like it added up to a bad picture.

Wonder how they use these assessments?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anyone without an interview receive this behavioral assessment email from Yale?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
devilcult54 wrote:

I got it without an interview this year. Not sure what to make of it.

I was interviewed in round one last year and rejected after being on the waitlist.

Any idea if they interview reapplications who have already been interviewed the previous year?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
okaysoanyway wrote:
webster7 wrote:
U5UWZLP5 wrote:

Agreed. I feel like for a majority of the questions, neither option fit me - I would have described myself as the opposite of both options. So I had to pick the least offensive one. But felt like it added up to a bad picture.

Wonder how they use these assessments?

I agree. Many questions were downright strange! Both the options were negative and it forces you to select the least negative choice. Wonder what they learn from such questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
gmatsince2014 wrote:
devilcult54 wrote:

I was interviewed in round one last year and rejected after being on the waitlist.

Any idea if they interview reapplications who have already been interviewed the previous year?

Not sure but I have heard about a couple of re-applicants in the same boat as you - who have not been interviewed but have not been rejected either. Perhaps you can reach out to the AdComs to clarify this. I was at a Yale event yesterday where the AdCom told me some interview invites might still be released in the coming weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
devilcult54 wrote:
gmatsince2014 wrote:
devilcult54 wrote:

Not sure but I have heard about a couple of re-applicants in the same boat as you - who have not been interviewed but have not been rejected either. Perhaps you can reach out to the AdComs to clarify this. I was at a Yale event yesterday where the AdCom told me some interview invites might still be released in the coming weeks.

Thanks! I just wrote to them.

I thoroughly enjoyed the test though. I felt it was thought-provoking and forced me to prioritize my beliefs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Yale '21 (S)
Send PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the test though. I felt it was thought-provoking and forced me to prioritize my beliefs.[/quote]

Hey gmatsince2014, did you hear back from them? I am in the same boat!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
consultingmba123 wrote:

I thoroughly enjoyed the test though. I felt it was thought-provoking and forced me to prioritize my beliefs.

Hey gmatsince2014, did you hear back from them? I am in the same boat![/quote]

They said I will not be interviewed this year since I was already interviewed last year. They ended by saying that results will be out on December 5th.

I'm not sure what to make of the situation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Let's be positive friends! I am in the same boat I think it just means they know our profiles well enough and also are aware of what has changed since last application. Let's hope we have demonstrated those values and improvements! Good Luck!!!
gmatsince2014 wrote:
consultingmba123 wrote:

They said I will not be interviewed this year since I was already interviewed last year. They ended by saying that results will be out on December 5th.

I'm not sure what to make of the situation.[/quote]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
consultingmba123 wrote:
gmatsince2014 wrote:

Seconded! Did you hear back? I'm trying to decide if it's a great idea or a terrible idea to write them after a whole week of ruminating on my answers ... :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts