Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Desautels '17
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Re: Ask about McGill MBA Admissions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
umangj838 wrote:
If I have completed my undergraduation from India, is it required to give TOEFL/IELTS? I have completed all my schooling and college where the medium of instruction has been English.

Hello! If you did your undergraduate studies entirely in English, you are not required to do the language tests! However, should your essay or interview performance not be conclusive the admissions committee reserves the right to request a language test.
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
pankaj200887 wrote:
Hi mcgillmba,
I am an Indian male (31 Y) with MBA degree from one of the top B Schools in India. Have total of 6.5 years of experience in Supply chain in retail,Manufacturing and e retail industry.I am a Mechanical Engineering Graduate from an NIT (Good Engineering college in India). I have 7.5 (out of 10) and 2.7 (Out of 4) GPA form my Graduation and MBA respectively. I also have some extra curricular achievement like captaining a state side during my undergrad days.
Despite of decent string of scores in Prep i could get 660 in Actual GMAT and i am planning to retake on 6th December. I know my score is very low and i am not sure how well i will score next time. I want to aim for the second rounds for 3-4 schools. I have following questions
1. In worst case will 660 in GMAT help me getting into a Mcgill, assuming I have an MBA already and have 7 years of relevant managerial and leadership experience
2. What are the chances of Scholarship based on my profile.
3. Do I have to apply for Scholarships separately, If yes, then where Can I find the Link to apply
4. What are the essays and Recommendation questions for the application for Mcgill? :please

Hello!
Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The application is holistic and does not depend solely on the GMAT. At 660, your score is competitive enough for the application, but slightly below our average. Our average is 680. If you did an MBA abroad before, we might not recommend you to apply for another MBA. Overall, the chances of admissions and scholarships depend on how competitive your profile is and how well it would fit into our cohort. We would recommend to email us your resume at mba.mgmt@mcgill.ca

2. Scholarships are based on merit on the same criteria as admissions but depend on all factors of the application, including essays, references and interview results, therefore we cannot assess your eligibility for scholarship without the complete application.

3. You will be automatically considered for scholarships when you apply for admissions. There is no separate application process.

4. Essay questions:
https://mcgill.ca/desautels/files/desau ... stions.pdf

Recommendation form:
https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/files/d ... onform.pdf

Don't hesitate to contact us for more information!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi guys,

Any interview debriefs would be much appreciated

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
UM1 wrote:
Hi guys,

Any interview debriefs would be much appreciated

UM1

In the following link you can find a interview debrief https://gmatclub.com/forum/desautels-mc ... brief.html

I am searching the forums for more Desautels Interview Debriefs. When is your interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
It's on Monday

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I have applied to the Graduate Certificate in Professional accounting program at mcgill. How long does the university takes to give a decision on the application?

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

I had raised a request to GMAC for electronically sending my Official Score Report to McGill University. As per the confirmation mail received from the test authority,the report has been made available to McGill as on 21st Jan'19. However, my 'Test Score' status is still being reflected as 'Pending' on the uApply platform.

As of now,I have shared a screenshot of the above mentioned mail with Anna. Kindly let me know if any additional input is required as this issue is delaying the completion of my application.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashima
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
I haven’t submitted my official transcripts yet. The applicants who have, will they be prioritised over those who haven’t submitted official transcripts ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is an online course available?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hi Anna,

Whats are the fees going to be like for the new 1 year program. Will it have the same tuition or will it be less?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V21
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi all,
I was trying to fill in the application (the part before payment) and I noticed two options for program which are MBA (Internship) (Non-Thesis) and MBA (Non-Thesis). Can someone shed light on the difference between the two?

I intend to apply for the full time MBA program for 24 months which starts in the fall of 2020.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
cristianosubo wrote:
Hi all,
I was trying to fill in the application (the part before payment) and I noticed two options for program which are MBA (Internship) (Non-Thesis) and MBA (Non-Thesis). Can someone shed light on the difference between the two?

I intend to apply for the full time MBA program for 24 months which starts in the fall of 2020.

Thanks in advance.

The one with internship is the one you want. Granted if you change your mind after acceptance, I've been told you can fill out some paper work and they'll switch you.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V21
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
avinoam wrote:
cristianosubo wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

The one with internship is the one you want. Granted if you change your mind after acceptance, I've been told you can fill out some paper work and they'll switch you.

Thank you very much avinoam :) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Anna,
I have a query regarding the work experience required for the MBA program.
At the time of application i would have more then 1 year of work experience but less then 2 but at the time of joining the MBA i.e in August i would have completed my two years of work experience. Would i be eligible to apply this year?
Secondly, I have an undergrad GPA of 3.19 from a tier 1 school in my country and a GMAT score of 730 with experience in a fortune 500 company, what would be my chance of securing an admission?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Hi mcgillmba
When is the application for Full time MBA program 2021 intake opening? Currently when I am trying to apply , I am not able to find the MBA program in the list.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Desautels Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Desautels Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Desautels Forum for all fresh things related to the Desautels MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts