Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 415 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2224 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Re: GMAT 550. Dunno what to do next! [#permalink]
Achuuuuuuu wrote:
I gave my GMAT today. Got a terribly low score of 550.
Q39 V26

Both my quant and verbal was easy for most parts. My RC was incredibly difficult and I got 3 paragraphs, 13 questions.

I finished quant 5 minutes ahead of time and thought I actually did well and was sure of my PS answers.

Now the problem is that I'm not sure where I went wrong and how to improve. What should be my next step to improve my scores?

Any leads and tips, please? :'(

Posted from my mobile device

Ttp for quant and egmat for verbal with power score cr ,provided you exhausted og. Try exprtsglobal mocks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Srinivas,

In early July, you posted about your general study timeline and goals, but there were never any follow-up messages in that thread. Thus, it would help to know how you were studying during that time.

1) Were you studying consistently over the last 4 months or did you take any 'time off' from your studies? How many hours were you studying each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How did you score on EACH of your CATs/mocks (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) Is your Goal Score still 740+?
5) What application deadlines are you considering?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Achuuuuuuu wrote:
I gave my GMAT today. Got a terribly low score of 550.
Q39 V26

Both my quant and verbal was easy for most parts. My RC was incredibly difficult and I got 3 paragraphs, 13 questions.

I finished quant 5 minutes ahead of time and thought I actually did well and was sure of my PS answers.

Now the problem is that I'm not sure where I went wrong and how to improve. What should be my next step to improve my scores?

Any leads and tips, please? :'(

Posted from my mobile device

Hi ,
Do you remember what kinda standard was the math questions you had got?
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30782 [1]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Achuuuuuuu,

I am sorry to know that your scores were not in line with your expectations. Your scores suggest lack of conceptual and process clarity and you must work on these to reach your target score. You will find this article on Retake Strategy to be useful in creating a strategy and study plan to reach your target score.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to write to us at support@e-gmat.com for any further guidance on GMAT preparation.

Regards,
Aditee
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
GMAT 550. Dunno what to do next! [#permalink]
Your score is pretty close to my friend's score and his ESR does surprise me especially on quant part. He scored 71%/71%/71%/43% for each of the four sections in quant part- This could be translated to 5 correct marks out of 7 marks for first three sections and 3 correct marks out of 7 marks for last section. That's not so bad for the first three sections and a drop performance on last section does not really warrant Q39 but that was the given result which inspires me to come up with partial hypothesis on low quant score: he made most mistakes on hard level questions on first section and second section thus algorithm judged that he did not deserve high quant score and it started to test him with only medium to easy questions for the rest of sections. He also ran out of time toward the end and guessed the last four questions on fourth section; another factor contributes to a drop below Q40.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 415 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Have a look at this debrief by risys82.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/550-to-750-h ... 91926.html

This GC member went from 550 to a 690, then from a 690 to a 750! It is also part of the best debriefs collection by bb.

Regards,
nkin
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22046 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Achuuuuuuu,

I’m happy to provide some advice on how to move forward with your prep but first would like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions asked, I can provide detailed advice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts